Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
rear fog lamps arnt red, so that would not apply, they are usually white.

When I google "european rear fog lights", they seem to all come up red. Either way, you can't have any other white lights on the back that arn't your reverse lights, and they have to be off while in forward motion. (save for downward facing lic. plate lamps, of course)

Quote:
It dose not say the MUST be on the front, it says you cant have more then 2 on the front, meaning you cant have something like this
LOL! Sure would be nice to have though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 11:16 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,172,745 times
hint then they would have said front and rear, they only say front.
and when you dig into it they, the feds(dot) say they have to be red in color and not to "dazzle or blind"
so you couldn't run those on the rear anyway.

Quote:
It dose not say the MUST be on the front, it says you cant have more then 2 on the front, meaning you can't have something like this

Old 11-03-2012, 05:33 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,675,395 times
Driving in an urban environment, I take advantage of their low and wide light pattern to help me see pedestrians as I drive, especially as I turn corners.

They also make me marginally more visible to others.

And of course, they automatically make my car look cooler and more expensive than yours, DUH!

Old 11-03-2012, 05:52 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
The color of these "fog "lights is a consideration also,
It may not be a fed thing but most states prohibit there use on the rear of the vehicle.
And your use of those lights is illegal and it makes you a hazard on the RD.
So you like to try to blind the driver behind you. tisk tisk.
Yeah, I'm really broken up about that. Rear fog lights are no more "blinding" than brake lights. Anyone "blinded" by them has crappy eyesight which is all the more reason to get them to stop tailgating me. Since rear fog lights are red and placed in the tail lights, they are not made illegal by the section of the statute you cite any more than brake lights are. Your pious anger is misplaced.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:05 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times
Quote:
hint then they would have said front and rear, they only say front.
and when you dig into it they, the feds(dot) say they have to be red in color and not to "dazzle or blind"
so you couldn't run those on the rear anyway.
hint, that law is only talking about FRONT lights, it dose not say a word about REAR lights. Like I said in the last post, that law is there to prevent you from running more then two lights on the FRONT. In order for a law to exclude something, it has to specifically mention it.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:22 PM

Yea, like no mention that you were wrong or anything as the lights on your vehicle are regulated by the federal (usa) DOT department of transpiration.
Never mined that and yes they have to be red and no more bright that the bulbs that are in your tale lights.

so why use them?
Dover"Like I said -- if you don't like the heat, don't start the fire. I'm just shoving back what you're dishing out."
Right back at ya
What's your other fall back saying? ho Ya
this gem
Dover"I understand the law. You don't. There is nothing in the law you cited that supports the claim you made. So shut up."

I guess you don't even know who writes the law, so "shut up"(your words and advice)
As you are no expert and your knowledge is just minutes old.
And I an responsible for it, so sit down and listen.
what a toe head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Yeah, I'm really broken up about that. Rear fog lights are no more "blinding" than brake lights. Anyone "blinded" by them has crappy eyesight which is all the more reason to get them to stop tailgating me. Since rear fog lights are red and placed in the tail lights, they are not made illegal by the section of the statute you cite any more than brake lights are. Your pious anger is misplaced.

What do you think you can use as "fog lights" facing to the rear?
Certainly nothing you have posted can be.

1 They have to be red.
2 wattage is limited to a fraction that the lights up front use and
they can not be dazzling or blind.
(dazzling and blinding are words used by DOT)

Quote:
hint, that law is only talking about FRONT lights, it dose not say a word about REAR lights. Like I said in the last post, that law is there to prevent you from running more then two lights on the FRONT. In order for a law to exclude something, it has to specifically mention it.

Last edited by snofarmer; 11-03-2012 at 08:40 PM..

Old 11-03-2012, 09:29 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Yea, like no mention that you were wrong or anything as the lights on your vehicle are regulated by the federal (usa) DOT department of transpiration.
Never mined that and yes they have to be red and no more bright that the bulbs that are in your tale lights.

so why use them?
Dover"Like I said -- if you don't like the heat, don't start the fire. I'm just shoving back what you're dishing out."
Right back at ya
What's your other fall back saying? ho Ya
this gem
Dover"I understand the law. You don't. There is nothing in the law you cited that supports the claim you made. So shut up."

I guess you don't even know who writes the law, so "shut up"(your words and advice)
As you are no expert and your knowledge is just minutes old.
And I an responsible for it, so sit down and listen.
what a toe head.

What do you think you can use as "fog lights" facing to the rear?
Certainly nothing you have posted can be.

1 They have to be red.
2 wattage is limited to a fraction that the lights up front use and
they can not be dazzling or blind.
(dazzling and blinding are words used by DOT)
Not surprisingly, you misapprehend the law which seems to be a favorite pasttime of yours.

If I own a car equipped with rear fog lights, I will continue to use them as a safe and effective way to deter tailgaters, notwithstanding your selective scorn.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:48 PM

Whatever.
Mr.It's a state thing.
AKA I'll chose to be hinder Dover.
bla bla bla
And seeing as you love to try to correct others, pastime only has one t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Not surprisingly, you misapprehend the law which seems to be a favorite pasttime of yours.

If I own a car equipped with rear fog lights, I will continue to use them as a safe and effective way to deter tailgaters, notwithstanding your selective scorn.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:04 PM

152 posts, read 583,814 times
^^hehehe

Rear fogs are stupid.
jmo.

Are they still fog lights if they are white and not amber?
White lights are driving lights yellow and amber are for fog.

Those big lights(in post 120) on that rally car are not fog lights anyway and nether are the lights in the bumper.
The stock head lights look like the smallest light on the front
and that car would not be street legal in the USA, no mater what a state may say about it.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:56 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3700 View Post
The stock head lights look like the smallest light on the front
and that car would not be street legal in the USA, no mater what a state may say about it.

Other then the lights, and the fact the steering wheel is on the right side of the car, it looks like a stock impreza. We both know its not, but there are lots of people who drive "rally cars" on the street. Yes those lights are not fog lights, I was just using it as an example of the wording of that law. No more then two lights on the front of the vehicle

Is this a better example of why that law was written?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive