Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 10:27 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times

Advertisements

Best feature on both my vehicles is the backup camera. I wouldn't be able to go back to not having one. Especially living in NYC.

I don't have a least favorite but there are some features that I can do without such as rain sensing wipers and auto headlights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 12:28 PM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 3,227,485 times
I am a pretty simple guy when I think about it...

Favorite feature has to be the keyless entry and the push button start. I can't imagine digging into my pockets for the key. I wish my home doors could be keyless.

Least favorite feature has to be the voice activation BS. I rather push the corresponding button. Heck of a lot faster.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:51 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited:

Best feature is (obviously) off road ability! I especially like the lockers... easy to use, effective and covered under the factory warranty.

Worst feature: carpet. Jeep carpet sucks... it took only 1 camping trip to start looking like crap and attracts and holds onto hair/fuzz especially. Thankfully Jeep has another feature called "removable carpet"... now I'm rocking metal floorpans and rubber mats "old school" style.

Dodge Challenger RT:

The best thing about it: horsepower. The worst thing? There is never enough horsepower and it didn't take long for 400 HP to seem like it's not nearly enough. It's not a very good car for winter either.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:00 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
I'm just going to list a few of my most recent vehicles, beginning with the two I currently own.

2006 F150 Crew Cab Lariat -

Pros:
Nice quality leather. Very durable and comfortable.
Quiet ride.
Spacious.
Excellent sound system from the factory (6 disc changer with factory sub)
Steering wheel audio and climate controls

Cons:
No Bluetooth
No factory navigation system

2014 Toyota Venza Limited

Pros:

Nice quality leather interior
Excellent 13 speaker JBL sound system
Navigation, Bluetooth, two sunroofs
Very peppy with the V6
Aesthetically pleasing to the eye inside and out
Very comfortable and quiet
26 mpg in the V6
Sport shift

Cons:
Panoramic glass roof. It exploded at 11k miles and had to be replaced by the dealer. Possible chassis flex issue.
Plastic door panels look nice, but are cheap and scratch easily. Door sills and panels scratch if you sneeze wrong.
Paint looks nice, but seems to chip very easily and appears thinner than we are used to seeing.

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer

Pros:
Excellent spacious interior with nice quality leather
Dual climate control
Nice factory sound system with subwoofer
Rear dvd entertainment system
Lots of cargo space with flip up 3rd row (electric button controls)
VERY easy to maneuver. Can turn as sharp as a Toyota Corolla (literally)

Cons:
No Bluetooth
No factory nav
Balljoints can wear out due to weight of vehicle

Old 03-11-2015, 10:11 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C8N View Post
I am a pretty simple guy when I think about it...

Favorite feature has to be the keyless entry and the push button start. I can't imagine digging into my pockets for the key. I wish my home doors could be keyless.

Least favorite feature has to be the voice activation BS. I rather push the corresponding button. Heck of a lot faster.
Yep, my favorite feature ever on any car. It is a life saver keeping the key fob in my pocket and never having to reach for it. Just walk up to car and open door.

I will NEVER buy another car without this feature.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:20 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,760,732 times
2008 Ford Expedition Limited

Pros:
Large amount of cargo space
Third row seating
Excellent sound system
Moonroof
Automatic liftgate
Unstoppable in the snow
Great towing capacity
Automatic running boards (very handy but don't like the looks of them and I hope they never break...too costly)
Very maneuverable for its size
2wd 4wd 4L and AWD modes
Brake wear (65k on it with original breaks)

Cons:
Window motors are extremely slow and barely work when its really cold out.
Drivers heated seat stopped working
Overpriced disk needed to update the navigation

Old 03-11-2015, 10:24 AM

21,882 posts, read 25,146,349 times
2014 Prius

Pros:
SmartKey. One of those things I always laughed about, I mean how much work is it to take your key fob out and hit the unlock button? And I'm a guy. I can only imagine how nice it is for a woman who normally would have to fish around in some gargantuan bag to find the keys. First car with automatic climate control, also very nice. Prius has a lot of fairly ingenious features like a giant thermos where it stores the coolant. You get heat much faster.
gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage. When stuck in traffic creeping along in electric mode is actually a very nice feature. It's a pretty comfortable car on good pavement, not a huge amount of road noise comes through although its not a Lexus. Extremely practical. Floating dash is great. Lots of cargo room. Easy to park. 0-15 is actually very good even with the Prius's rather anemic electric motor.

Cons:
Handling. Slow. Engine sounds bad when pushed. Tire noise on broken pavement is very noticeable. Looks like a Prius.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:58 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
2008 F150 SuperCrew XLT:

Good: Seriously comfy ride, 4.6L is decent on gas ~19-20 MPGs consistently, blessed XMSirius/6CD for road trips, does everything I can throw at it from sleeping in the back seat to towing an occasional trailer. 5-star crash rated, 4-star rollover rating--that's for you all who think trucks are so dangerous. Dangerous, indeed. Seriously bulletproof drivetrain.

Not as good: Captain's chairs not as comfy as I expected (lumbar support a bit lacking), 4.6L needs upwards of 3000 RPMs to really pick up steam (sounds good getting there, though), the 18" wheels take the towing cap down 500 lbs. Oh, the price of looking good. Fit and finish stuff...had to replace the cowl ends when I bought the truck and the cowl itself is coming apart at the middle seam. Fenders are taller than the '03, so a double take is necessary in tight spaces at times.

2003 F150 SuperCab XL Sport:

Good: Bench seat very comfy and hugs me better than the '08; v6 is pretty stout on gas (19-21 MPGs, up to 24 once); vinyl floor is nice to have at a jobsite; v6 easier to work on; pretty nimble full-size truck, rather easy to park; pretty loaded for an XL, thankfully (an XLT only minus the PW and PL). Blessed cabin air filter for those dusty plant roads.

Not quite as good: Front and back windows both leaked at about the same time; passenger side back door cable just broke--worn latch cables.

I'm trying to find more to complain about with the '03, but not having gotten rid of it yet at 226,200 miles probably means I can't and I sure would have tried to knock off an '03 King Ranch if I could have swung a loan for one.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:19 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,184,988 times
2011 Honda Accord V6 EX-L sedan.

Favorite: V6 engine has plenty of power.
Leather seats, they're heated too.
Built in GPS.
ACE body structure, six airbags, ABS and stability control
XM satellite radio
Climate control
Very roomy, can fit five.
Automatic transmission, easy to drive.
Very reliable, vault-like build quality and hasn't given any mechanical issues. We did have to replace the battery 10/15/14. It has a little over 77,000 miles.
Value - this car was 22 grand in 2013, and it's pretty much a luxury car
It gets about 28 mpg, not bad for a nearly two-ton car with the interior space of a Crown Victoria

Least favorite:
A small dent on the left rear quarter panel
My commute every weekday is 86 miles. I'm 22 and got my license 38 months ago.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:47 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times
I really like our Honda Pilot (pre 2016). Hubby says the new design kinda reminds him of a Highlander.

I'm beginning to fall for the new Jeep
Renegade. However, hearing that they are only Android accessible. That would work for DH, but I've got the iphone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive