Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 08:43 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,127,679 times

Advertisements

D+H is a[SIZE=3]bsurd [/SIZE]for the consumer to even consider paying. Who cares if the entire world pays extra money. You and no one else shold not....Also, when a dealer salesperson shows you the so called "invoice price" they show the consumer a letter that is much more than their real invoice price and it is just pure BS.

I have a large empty head but I can never say " they deserve the money".....What about the worker who is dealing with the auto dealers.......

Also what gets my feathers up is that GM workers built into their contract they would make as much money not working and laid off as they would working....hahahahahahaha

The best thing going for the consumer is Zero percent interest and do not take their bottom line as the truth....

Dealer also quotes full tank of gas when $13 was preprintedon the final order to sign....OK..I did sign the paper butonly after the thief removed the $399 dealer prep...He sai dhe cannot too because it is preprinted.
I said ok here is something preprintd for ou. Add steps to get in and out of the 2010 Highlander and your list is $795....They said they cannot so I said ok then see ya.....They called the following day and the priceing was Ok and I purchased a 2010 Toyota Highlander Limited with zero precent interst for 5 years. I am happy..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 12:33 AM

366 posts, read 1,374,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
Now you've really got my attention, as the star sales "pro" that you must be .... a wealth of inside information about all the car dealerships in Denver ... and,

working diligently for 8 years in the business, and you've been employed at several (at least...) dealerships?

Everybody I've ever known who was good in this biz stayed with a dealership for many years ... and the dealers that I know that are good players hire and retain professional sales staff for a long time. Neither have a lot of turnover in their better producers, because both know that brand loyalty is a strong player in the new car biz ... and the used car pros tend to stay in one place, too.

Of course, there's a lot of small "pot lots" (as well as some pretty big players in that end of the marketplace) in Denver where high pressure turnover is their business model. Not the type of place I go to do business, sorry ... and that includes the high pressure new car dealerships where they curb the rubes at the lot entrance .... and play all the games and deceptions that have earned the car business the reputation it has for a lot of people. BS fees are part of that type of car dealership ...

OH, it's printed on the page! Well, golly, it's just gotta' be good for ya, isn't it? Gotta pay that title clerk at least a hundred or so to fill out that MSO and process the paper, don't they?

(laughter)
you are the exact type of customer i love kicking out of my store because you think you know it all!

Old 04-01-2010, 12:50 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew303 View Post
you are the exact type of customer i love kicking out of my store because you think you know it all!
Good Luck doing it, in this economy...

Old 04-01-2010, 01:17 AM

232 posts, read 632,945 times
Quote:
You sound like the type of salesman that I would string along for test drives, getting myself use to dealing with salesmans so I could better deal with the next saleman (with absolutely no intention of buying from you) and lol's and then go buy somewhere else.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:38 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times
Quote:
NO worry ... if I ever made the mistake of walking in to "your store" and was treated the way you appear to deal with capable, qualified customers who know what they want and a reasonable competitive price for it and don't want to play games ...

I'd gladly spare you the effort of having to "kick me out" ... I'd already be on my way out the door, heading to a professional sales establishment.

No, I "don't know it all". But I do know enough to know when I'm about to be treated as entertainment and an opportunity to be fleeced by a dealership, and I'm not a player for all the games, and the salesman takes the offer to the sales manager for approval (usually with a couple of round trips and waiting time, like big decisions are being weighed by important people on my behalf), and then we go down the hall to the "skinning room" where the wails and pleas for higher costs are played out and "the bump" is called for ... and then, when a deal is reached, on to the F&I manager for "more profit opportunities" for the dealership. And then, when it's all said and done ... the paperwork is (maybe) filled out and there's the "fixed fee" for P&H as a line item on the bottom of the page to further increase the dealership profit on the sale.

You may not believe it, but there are sales pros and dealerships where a client is treated with respect, equality, and valued. I've literally picked up the phone and called a contact at a dealership, describing the merchandise that my client wants to buy and the price point we're seeking. I've gotten as close to that merchandise in inventory as possible, and a "yes" or "no" answer within a few minutes. No games, no shuttling around, no walking the lot "to see if we've got the car you're looking for" ... only a simple business transaction between adults. I've bought many cars in 5 minutes without any hassles, maybe some good natured joshing around about price points and trying to make a living .... You and I both know that this is how business can be conducted, and it's why there's so many independent brokers in the Denver area who earn their living full-time by simply acting as a go-between for clients and dealers, saving their clients money and making enough money for themselves in the margins to justify their business model.

I've had a lot of clients walk in to my shop and ask that I locate and negotiate a car purchase for them because they were so intimidated or tired out from the process, but didn't feel like they were being treated fairly ... and I had a modest flat fee to do so, which they were willing to pay. If I couldn't save them a lot of money on the purchase including my flat fee, which also included a pre-buy inspection of the car, then we were able to walk away from the deal as friends.

I'll put this further in perspective for you. If I couldn't locate a car in Denver for my client, we'd travel around the country. Either on commercial airlines, or in our own aircraft. I did a lot of trips to Santa Fe, for example, when it was a hotbed of "G" series MB's coming in on the graymarket. Loved the opportunity to visit friends down there for an overnight and it was only a couple hour flight to see them and enjoy some good food and company.

Can't tell you how many times I've been to the high pressure tactic places where they want to physically and mentally wear you down ... like walking around the lot to find a particular car that you've got in mind to show me. OK, I'll just make myself comfortable in your showroom, read the paper, and when you find the car, you can bring it up to the front here. I'm not walking around for a half hour or more while you detour me through the lot just for the exercise ... you (or your management) either know that you've got the car in inventory or you don't. I've heard every excuse in the book for not finding a car after walking past hundreds, if not thousands ... it must be out on a test drive, it must be in the shop for a whatsis that was ordered, maybe Joe already sold it this AM, maybe it's in the detail shop, maybe a salesman took it home last night, maybe it went to the auction yesterday, maybe it's in our back lot down the street, maybe maybe maybe maybe .... but it's really all a game to physically wear out your prospect while being able to show them other cars while building excitement over finding the one you were "looking for". Games, games, games ... I'm just not a player, thank you.

If your dealership is into the games, then I'm gladly out the door and down the street. That means I take my business and money elsewhere, understand? You've defeated any chance you have of doing business with me by your attitude and treatment in the beginning of our relationship. What you have for sale on your lot can be found elsewhere, and I'll willingly do that search just to avoid you. OTOH, treat me right and professionally, and we can establish a long term business relationship and both receive good value for our efforts ....

Last edited by sunsprit; 04-01-2010 at 06:56 AM..

Old 04-01-2010, 09:44 AM

747 posts, read 2,759,533 times
Quote:

Old 04-01-2010, 09:57 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,425,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc130 View Post
You sound like the type of salesman that I would string along for test drives, getting myself use to dealing with salesmans so I could better deal with the next saleman (with absolutely no intention of buying from you) and lol's and then go buy somewhere else.

Big lolz. And people say salesmen are the crooks.

Enjoy your special spot in Hell.

I'm glad I developed the sense to know not to waste time on scum like you.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
No matter what ;the dealer should have given you a sheet breakig dfown all cost in to indivdual iems. MSRP and the price offf that. sales tax;title and license and any iother feess spearately. it should wait unitl you i the fianace room;the total pirice breakdown should be there. Other I say walk.Other wsie the price means nothig as they can just add what they want.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:08 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,425,311 times
It obviously varies state-to-state, but the reality is that the only thing (other than the car) that you have to pay for are the state fees and taxes, and any additional items you want added.

Now, the dealership can refuse to waive other fees and send you on your merry way.

Personally, I would never pay a dealer prep fee. Or an inflated doc fee. And I worked in the car business for a good while. But that's just because it's the way things are done here.

If every dealer does X in a city, you might not have much luck negotiating. But if you had already agreed on an out-the-door price, and they tried to add that fee on top of that, then tell them you don't care whether they drop the fee or the price of the car, but you aren't paying more than the agreed-upon price. A deal's a deal, and I wouldn't deal with anyone who didn't stand by their word.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:12 AM

232 posts, read 632,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Big lolz. And people say salesmen are the crooks.

Enjoy your special spot in Hell.

I'm glad I developed the sense to know not to waste time on scum like you.
Wow, really...hell and scum? I have done numerous life saving missions, provided relief aid in all recent large scale and many smaller scale emergencies, searched for and found many people lost at sea, numerous medivacs and tons more but because I cannot take a salesman that likes to inflate prices of cars to grab for an even bigger and unreasonable profit, I am scum and going to hell? Lol, you sure have a warped sense of value. Some salesman starts yanking me around trying to pressure sale and double talk me into buying at a stupid price, I will use him to my own benefit. My decision to do bussiness with them is over and any pressure I felt is gone, but I can still learn things from them. I don't feel sorry for waisting that salemans time or his dealership that would condon such tactics at all. How can I take seriously a bussiness that is trying to trick **** me into paying for things I don't need and at prices that are rediculously marked up? I just feel sorry for the people that they've probablly sold a $20k car to for $30K+ or the people they got to pay $1000's for things that are worth pennies. So sorry you think that is grounds for going to hell, you must live in a very frigile and narrow minded world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive