Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 03:39 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,859,427 times

Advertisements

Here's a part from the article that can make many of us wonder:

Quote:
The flight was delayed for about 45 minutes while the students filed out of the Boeing 737, which seats about 137 people, leaving the plane mostly empty.

Rabbi Seth Linfield, executive director at Yeshiva of Flatbush, said administrators Tuesday were still looking into the disagreement, but he said in a statement that "preliminarily, it does not appear that the action taken by the flight crew was justified."
If Rabbi Linfield were the captain on that 737, I'm sure he would have felt differently about the action that was taken to remove the students from the aircraft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 12:54 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,870,349 times
Far too many. They i'm sure thought it was a party. Airliners are not for parties and teenagers are too disrespectful.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:59 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
I would bet good money that the words "They can't kick all of us off the plane" were uttered at least once. Who the everlovin' thought it was a good idea to move a group of 100+ teenagers at once?

Good on the airline. (I once had to share a transatlantic flight with a major ballet company. Bored 19-24 year olds jumping around, it was the 7th circle of hell. At least they were small.)

Old 06-13-2013, 06:03 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,675,618 times
i would not want to fly on a plane with a pilot who had ANY doubt about his ability to safely fly the plane after that commotion.

a few years ago a flight attendant got a little abrupt with me because my carry on was not fully under neath the seat in front of me. i could tell she was irritated but i can't hold it against her because she was following a policy that is supposed to make the flight safer so i can't complain

Old 06-14-2013, 11:45 AM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
... i can't hold it against her because she was following a policy that is supposed to make the flight safer so i can't complain
That is the thing, isn't it? We pretty much know that an iPad won't take down the plane and the chances of us using a seat cushion as a flotation device are slim. But the rules are well-intentioned, and with hundreds of people squeezed together in way too little space, it's just not the time to assert our rights as individuals to question policy and rebel against authority. Sometimes being a mindless cog in the machinery is the right decision. One can always write an angry letter to the airline afterwards.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
I fly to Thailand every year with my wife. About 4 years ago on a flight from BKK to Phuket we were unlucky enough to be on a flight with about 30 american teenagers. As an American I was appalled at their behavior.
Climbing over seats, tossing drinks and snacks to each other, foul language and other misdeeds. The flight crew certainly had more patients than I do.
Todays Teens have no concept of discipline or self control. I am surprised this doesn't happen more often.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:01 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,859,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I fly to Thailand every year with my wife. About 4 years ago on a flight from BKK to Phuket we were unlucky enough to be on a flight with about 30 american teenagers. As an American I was appalled at their behavior.
Climbing over seats, tossing drinks and snacks to each other, foul language and other misdeeds. The flight crew certainly had more patients than I do.
Todays Teens have no concept of discipline or self control. I am surprised this doesn't happen more often.
My goodness, paying for a flight and having to deal with this. I think BKK airport is in Thailand, so it was probably a relatively short flight, as opposed to flying from Asia to the United States. I can't imagine being on a flight with 30 mischievous teen-agers like that.

I would have said something to either the captain, or one of the flight attendants and threaten those teen-agers with arrest for disturbing the peace, and/or damaging company property, I'm sure tossing those drinks around like you mentioned, would have made a mess on the seats and the carpet in the aircraft.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
My goodness, paying for a flight and having to deal with this. I think BKK airport is in Thailand, so it was probably a relatively short flight, as opposed to flying from Asia to the United States. I can't imagine being on a flight with 30 mischievous teen-agers like that.

I would have said something to either the captain, or one of the flight attendants and threaten those teen-agers with arrest for disturbing the peace, and/or damaging company property, I'm sure tossing those drinks around like you mentioned, would have made a mess on the seats and the carpet in the aircraft.
I am not sure if they were college kids on spring break. It was in May. At any rate I didn't see anyone supervising those young idiots. As a vet I understand how young people can explode with energy, but what I saw was so over the top that I was shocked. All I could think was if this is how American youth behave when they travel no wonder Americans are looked down upon. I see it every year when I go to Thailand we travel the same time every year. We go for Water festival.
The worlds biggest water fight. It is all fun, except when the foreigners take it too far. What is so hard to understand that you dont hose down monks or the elderly?
At any rate Thai people are about as non-confrontational as you can get and I think that explained the flight crews hesitation to open a door and throw the youths off the damn plan while over the ocean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation