Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 09:23 AM

324 posts, read 407,232 times

Advertisements

Wait until you go to Ninoy Aquino International Airport T1 in the Philippines. It's really bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 09:39 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,545,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_girl View Post
Wait until you go to Ninoy Aquino International Airport T1 in the Philippines. It's really bad.
Tell me about it. We arrived 7 hours before our flight barely made it through security in time.

It's nice to have some cash on hand for when you have to bribe airport staff to do their job.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:45 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,941,000 times
Biden's exact words:
Quote:
"feels like it's in some third world country."
That's funny, Atlanta Braves pitcher John Rocker said exactly the same thing, same words, about riding the train in New York City, and got booed everywhere he wnt and in a matter of weeks he was drummed out of baseball. Aren't double-standards amazing?

Old 04-03-2014, 10:24 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
I still love the airport here in Denver. DIA is beautiful, spacious, and I enjoy it every time I use it. Can't believe it's almost 20 years old now.

Many other US airports just feel cramped to me. Especially ATL. (Even though DIA has a similar layout to ATL)

Old 04-03-2014, 10:25 AM

3,765 posts, read 4,100,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Biden's exact words:

That's funny, Atlanta Braves pitcher John Rocker said exactly the same thing, same words, about riding the train in New York City, and got booed everywhere he wnt and in a matter of weeks he was drummed out of baseball. Aren't double-standards amazing?

Yes, can you imagine if Dan Quayle, Sara Palin, Michele Bachman or any republican had said the same thing that Lying Joe Biden had said? Anything Al Gore or Joe Biden says must be the truth.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:54 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,927,798 times
Just like much if not most of our infrastructure. Old and inadequate.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:06 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,801,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Which countries don't make you?
Just about every other country. There might be a few like us, but most keep transfer pax airside of customs and passport control. You go through customs and passport control at your destination.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:44 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,173,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
So five bad airports are a reflection of every airport in the US
Did you notice that the "best" airports were ones that are not exceptionally busy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
While I am no fan of Biden, it is a dumpy airport.
LGA does suck. But, it is also ridiculously busy for an airport its size. That adds to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I've been to airports in many countries and I can honestly say I hate them all. Just different degrees of hate.
Yep. They're airports -- aka, flight jail with expensive beer and mediocre food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Biden's exact words:

Yeah, that's not quite how it happened. He was drummed out of baseball because he was disruptive in the clubhouse and also a fairly lousy pitcher. Also, I'm relatively sure he wasn't making the statement to point out infrastructure inadequact -- if you know what I mean.

Rocker's exact words:

"I'd retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some ***** with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Just like much if not most of our infrastructure. Old and inadequate.
I'd say that's a tad hyperbolic. But, if we spent even 10% on our infrastructure that we spent on our last 2 wars of oppotunity, the situation would be much better than it is. What's inadequate are many of the line items on the list of priorities.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:48 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Just about every other country. There might be a few like us, but most keep transfer pax airside of customs and passport control. You go through customs and passport control at your destination.
In Germany I had to go through security, I also had to in Lima, Peru when passing though. Pretty sure Canada also makes you. Are you sure it's pretty much all countries?

Old 04-03-2014, 01:10 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
The three best airports in my opinion are Orlando International Airports (MCO), Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix, AZ and McCarran Airport in Las Vegas, NV. Imagine that, two of the three are tourist locations. The TSA has gotten much better than they were previously since screenings got intensive after 9/11 with most airports. I still haven't traveled internationally but American airports aren't that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation