Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 03:58 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I think it's a huge overreaction, especially given that, as I read the story, she did return to her original seat, her "bad behavior" was when they tried to boot her off the plane even AFTER she had returned to her original seat and thus, apparently, was fine at that point. The flight attendant had apparently said "oh no you don't," which sounds to me like they could've exhibited a more professional decorum, the FA could've said "I'm sorry ma'am, but that is not allowed" instead of getting all "Madea" on the lady with an attitude.

Most of all, I get tired of all of this nonsense about how we're just supposed to do what a flight attendant says, practically going "yes massa" like we're on the plantation or something or else we deserve whatever's coming to us. Since when (I guess 9/11?) did flight attendants become God? Some people, it seems, would've been really useful--or pathetic--in Hitler's and Stalin's day. "Swing that hammer, or else you ASKED to be hauled off to a concentration camp." Sheesh.
I agree. I think people are using 9/11 as a reason to excuse the flight attendant's overreaction. Not the passenger's, the flight attendants. It's pretty sad when 9/11 has become the reason that all sorts of policing (including going overboard) by any airport employee is considered appropriate behavior. She was going back to her seat, thus there was zero reason to have her arrested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 04:53 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,088,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I agree. I think people are using 9/11 as a reason to excuse the flight attendant's overreaction. Not the passenger's, the flight attendants. It's pretty sad when 9/11 has become the reason that all sorts of policing (including going overboard) by any airport employee is considered appropriate behavior. She was going back to her seat, thus there was zero reason to have her arrested.
Have we heard the entire story, and not just her side yet?

Old 12-28-2014, 05:02 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
Have we heard the entire story, and not just her side yet?
Can't WAIT!
I want the pilot, both FAs...and some witnesses interviewed...I hope some of
the Morning shows are working on it!
I used to live on Long Island...still check the papers sometimes...but
I will look at some TV stations and see.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:05 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,372,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I suck up to everyone that is backed by the Feds to ruin my vacation...
and/or especially place me in jail and cost me lost of money and give me an arrest record...
I KNOW the power of little people in control...security guards, FAs, POLICE!, bouncers,
a boss when you can't be fired...it's not worth it...because they haven't resolve some conflict
in them I should now pay for it because of some ego in me...no way.

There is a time to be tough...and that is when you know you can WIN...not when you are right.
I live near the Canadian border cross the border on occasion. That is my philosophy. While some border guards, maybe even most are OK, a few have a burr in their saddle and I just remain very compliant even if it is a little humiliating sometimes. They have the power and it just isn't worth the risk of even more trouble by challenging them, even if they are out of line.
Best to swallow one's pride and be on my way when dealing with authority. Why let them ruin my vacation?

Old 12-28-2014, 06:05 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,205,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Can't WAIT!
I want the pilot, both FAs...and some witnesses interviewed...I hope some of
the Morning shows are working on it!
I used to live on Long Island...still check the papers sometimes...but
I will look at some TV stations and see.
Don't hold your breath. Once lawsuits have been filed, corporations don't discuss it in the media.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Can't believe she admits to resisting arrest has that is more serious charge and can still be filed .You can not resist arrest no matter if you think the arrest is legal or not the supreme court ruled long ago. I think she needs to realizes she is not at home; she is on private property and in air where different rules of law apply like a ship. Don't like it; don't fly.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:32 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
I respond to complaints in a stressful work environment.

99% are out and out lies involving a belligerent "customer" looking to get out of paying.

Have witnessed it first hand too many times.

I bet the lady deserved it.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:13 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,795,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Can't believe she admits to resisting arrest has that is more serious charge and can still be filed .You can not resist arrest no matter if you think the arrest is legal or not the supreme court ruled long ago. I think she needs to realizes she is not at home; she is on private property and in air where different rules of law apply like a ship. Don't like it; don't fly.
You know I don't believe you on this one. I am not sure how widespread it is but I remember a dispute in AZ about making passive resistance into a misdemeanor. That would of course imply it was not before the legislation. I don't remember whether it passed or not. I also saw on a quick check that Oregon specifically states passive resistance is not resisting arrest. And it get particularly tricky when the arrest does not stand up.

I suspect that passive resistance to an illegal arrest is in fact legal most places.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:17 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,795,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I respond to complaints in a stressful work environment.

99% are out and out lies involving a belligerent "customer" looking to get out of paying.

Have witnessed it first hand too many times.

I bet the lady deserved it.
That is the cop syndrome. They don't deal with normal population.

And anytime 99% of people behave in a given way you know the tale teller is lying.

Other than perhaps gravity nothing is true 99% of the time.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:19 PM

894 posts, read 1,049,971 times
As a former flight attendant, I guarantee there is more to this story than a bunch of b*tchy stewardesses wielding their might swords over a hapless passenger. The problem is you'll never hear the crew's side because they're not allowed to talk about onboard incidents. Just because this woman is claiming things went down a certain way, doesn't make it so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation