Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 08:52 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,319,577 times

Advertisements

I think it's a huge overreaction, especially given that, as I read the story, she did return to her original seat, her "bad behavior" was when they tried to boot her off the plane even AFTER she had returned to her original seat and thus, apparently, was fine at that point. The flight attendant had apparently said "oh no you don't," which sounds to me like they could've exhibited a more professional decorum, the FA could've said "I'm sorry ma'am, but that is not allowed" instead of getting all "Madea" on the lady with an attitude.

Most of all, I get tired of all of this nonsense about how we're just supposed to do what a flight attendant says, practically going "yes massa" like we're on the plantation or something or else we deserve whatever's coming to us. Since when (I guess 9/11?) did flight attendants become God? Some people, it seems, would've been really useful--or pathetic--in Hitler's and Stalin's day. "Swing that hammer, or else you ASKED to be hauled off to a concentration camp." Sheesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 09:02 AM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
She didnt buy a ticket "for the flight"

she bought a ticket for a particular seat on that flight.

there is a significant difference
They arrested her while she was sitting in the seat she paid for. And she did pay for the flight. Who pays for a seat and then doesn't fly in it?

Old 12-27-2014, 09:16 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
This one will settle out of court for a substantial sum. United will settle because the 'ski group' will probably support their member's story and a jury will consider that the flight attendant's reaction was not reasonable in those circumstances.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:31 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
I know a woman who is a FA an happens to be a b**** in real life. She loves to tell tales of her power hungry efforts to cower passengers into submission or else. She takes it out on those as she sees as disgusting to her - short people such as Asians head her list. She also has a disdain for older folks who don't adhere to her NAZI view of the world. She claims to chide and correct people for the slightest things and apparently relishes those moments when she gets to humiliate a passenger.

Those FA exist.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:08 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,214,182 times
Default Money, money, money

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Getting a bit carried away don't you think?

New York woman spent three days in a Seattle jail after flight attendants had her arrested for “trespassing” when she attempted to change seats on a flight to Alaska, KIRO reports.

Jean Mamakos, 68, of Huntington, New York, had just changed planes in Seattle as part of a cross-country flight with her ski group when she attempted to change her seat to an unoccupied one in an empty emergency exit row.

New York woman spends 3 days in jail for ‘trespassing’ after changing seats on plane

JetBlue charges $35 extra for extra wide seats. So U can move, but it will cost you.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:24 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
I bet she will win. If she returned to her seat she was never trespassing.
Bingo....unless...do they mean trespassing as in ...We want
you to leave the plane and you won't?
Damn.

Hey, it finally made some national coverage...on Good Morn Am...but way way into the show...
meaning way low priority...Long Islanders should be backing her.

I'm thinking those Flight Att's that had a bad day and had 'attitude' ...misrepresented the
entire thing to the Pilot...
Hope the attorney uses THAT one!!!

Old 12-27-2014, 10:24 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
Emergency exit seats are for those who have the ability and willingness to pop the door should it become necessary. Now, I'm sure someone who is on a ski venture may have the willingness, but it's supposed to be determined before the flight begins. I've seen willing folks asked to sit elsewhere because the cabin crew doubted their ability to perform.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:27 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Good.

Her 'story' is that the flight attendants 'over-reacted'. Sure... what is the real story?

The flight attendants were doing their job and she chose to be an aXX.

Bet she wishes now that she had behaved appropriately.
I assume there is more to the story too.

I just don't think people get the seriousness of following directions on an aircraft. If you can't be trusted to behave on the ground, you are certainly not going to be trusted to behave at ~30,000 feet off the ground.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I think it's a huge overreaction, especially given that, as I read the story, she did return to her original seat, her "bad behavior" was when they tried to boot her off the plane even AFTER she had returned to her original seat and thus, apparently, was fine at that point. The flight attendant had apparently said "oh no you don't," which sounds to me like they could've exhibited a more professional decorum, the FA could've said "I'm sorry ma'am, but that is not allowed" instead of getting all "Madea" on the lady with an attitude.

Most of all, I get tired of all of this nonsense about how we're just supposed to do what a flight attendant says, practically going "yes massa" like we're on the plantation or something or else we deserve whatever's coming to us. Since when (I guess 9/11?) did flight attendants become God?
Some people, it seems, would've been really useful--or pathetic--in Hitler's and Stalin's day. "Swing that hammer, or else you ASKED to be hauled off to a concentration camp." Sheesh.
I like the way you think!! I know, right?
(Who's Madea...was thinking, did you mean Medusa, lady with all the snakes on her head?)

Gosh, the more I think about that attendant I get mad! I know they have
a tough job, I do. But, come on...you tattle on her to the pilot!!!

I want more coverage on this Flight Att. Past infractions, middle of a divorce? What?

Old 12-27-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
This one will settle out of court for a substantial sum. United will settle because the 'ski group' will probably support their member's story and a jury will consider that the flight attendant's reaction was not reasonable in those circumstances.
Crossing fingers!

But, restating, the LI lady was obnoxious herself in only the way New Yorkers
can be...
I'm a New Yorker....that is why I LEFT there! Trust me I know Huntington, LI.
Oh, the stories I could tell you of the rudeness and meanness
and entitlement that
is there, in the Malls, the market, on the LIE...Long Isl Exp'way...terrible.
It is a way of life there...makes me cringe remembering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation