Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 07:37 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times

Advertisements

that's the $Spirit, Delta. I like the way you can cram more in and $SAVE. You can approach the new Frontier and will forever give you our Allegian(ce).
{any similiance to actual or imagined carriers is co-incidental}

Last edited by leastprime; 04-17-2019 at 07:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 06:50 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,484,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
No way I can pay $500-800 more for 1st class ticket for a 2hr flight. Now if I took Frontier or Spirit again for anything over 2hrs, I might pay for the Stretch seats, as those coach seats are bondage after 1hr of being in them.

32-34" pitch was a common thing forever, but the airlines decided, lets make EVERY row on the plane uncomfortable so we can squeeze in 1 or may 2 rows tops.
It is rather easy to research pitch standards by airline and aircraft before you book. Example:
https://www.seatguru.com/charts/shorthaul_economy.php

Or you can just carp that you want to something but you neither want to pay for it nor do you want to actually bother to select the product that suits your desires - you just want it to fall into your lap. Looks like you've chosen the latter. Good luck with that.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:35 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
Great move. Nothing like supporting their lifeless hulk with my knees.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:01 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Good. Even better would be to not allow recline at all in coach; the seat rows are just too close to each other.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:45 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
It is rather easy to research pitch standards by airline and aircraft before you book. Example:
https://www.seatguru.com/charts/shorthaul_economy.php

Or you can just carp that you want to something but you neither want to pay for it nor do you want to actually bother to select the product that suits your desires - you just want it to fall into your lap. Looks like you've chosen the latter. Good luck with that.

Fall in my lap, for stuff that was standard or decades!!!

Its folks like you why the airlines treat people they way they do. They take away 2-3" of already tight legroom to squeeze in 1 more row of seats, take away picking seats which is free, but can make $$$ by charging for the absolute basic function to pick a seat, make you put a backpack worth of stuff and say that is your carry-on and then turn around and charge you an extra $40-60 to get the same exact service and call it economy main.

Economy Basic is pure crap, as it now is the same price of what standard economy used to offer, with a ton of restrictions.

It would have just been better for the airlines to raise the prices and offer better service, than all the insane nickel and dime they do now and act they they are cutting you a deal. Its almost like ordering food and being asked to pay an extra $5 for them to actually and you your food in a bag like hey always have and then charge you for a napkin.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:36 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Good. Even better would be to not allow recline at all in coach; the seat rows are just too close to each other.
Even better would be to leave the recline as it is and move the seat rows apart a li title bit more.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:49 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Considering how many people either sleep or watch movies on the in-seat screen, and how few people actually work on laptops, maybe it would make more sense to leave the seats reclined and give passengers the option of putting them upright?
Many airlines are moving away from the seatback screens and asking people to use their own devices. If you have an iPad or other tablet and suddenly someone slams their seat back when you have your drink, it is really annoying to have it spill all over when it hits the tablet. I also hate having the screen like 4” from my face on the seatback screen because some of them recline so much.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:55 AM

2,114 posts, read 2,346,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
This was long overdue, no more clowns slamming their seats all the way back which decreases your person space when you’re tray is down and you’re eating or on our laptop.
Years ago, I flew from LAX to LHR on United. As soon as we took off, the person in front of me put his seat in full recline. I had the seat back pretty much in my chest for the entire 11 1/2 hour flight. Honestly, I wish that seats didn't recline at all.

Old 04-19-2019, 12:33 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Sounds like this forum is solid in the 'no-recline' mode. Certainly my choice on USA flights <6 hrs.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:39 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
Just how many U.S. Domestic flights are =>6 hrs (other than Alaska or Hawaii)?

Last edited by leastprime; 04-19-2019 at 07:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation