Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 03:37 PM

1,751 posts, read 2,407,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
If you are unhappy, LEAVE. I spent way too many years in Baltimore, because my family is there and I grew up there, but I didn't want to be there. And don't believe those who say you won't be happier somewhere else. I left 16 months ago and my only regret is that I didn't do it 20 years sooner! Not to criticize Baltimore; I understand why some folks love it and I do appreciate the character of the city. But it's not for everyone. If you are unhappy, leave!

You don't have to tell him! Check out his posting date. He left years ago. Baltimore and City-Data too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 09:00 AM

8,255 posts, read 13,390,832 times
I picked up a relative from BWI and was riding into the city.. they were immersed in their "technology" and only looked up when the condition of the road jarred them back into reality..."We must be in Baltimore" he said as we both bobbled about over the potholes.. Sad truth was he was right.. we literally had just crossed into the City Limits and the road conditions deteriorated and immediately he associated it with "the City". I still love Bmo.. but its increasingly tiring to keep defending her....

Old 02-03-2017, 07:41 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,096,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I picked up a relative from BWI and was riding into the city.. they were immersed in their "technology" and only looked up when the condition of the road jarred them back into reality..."We must be in Baltimore" he said as we both bobbled about over the potholes.. Sad truth was he was right.. we literally had just crossed into the City Limits and the road conditions deteriorated and immediately he associated it with "the City". I still love Bmo.. but its increasingly tiring to keep defending her....
Even parts of North Baltimore the roads are terrible. Were talking million dollar homes..

Old 02-09-2017, 01:26 PM

675 posts, read 725,135 times
On the hierarchy of human needs ones safety is second only to our biological needs (eating, breathing etc.) The criminal justice system in Baltimore is no longer interested in keeping it's residents safe. I don't know if you listened to the news lately but there is a suspect who was incarcerated for 20 years but released in 2 and is suspected in being involved in a murder. Baltimore is no longer a safe city for families. If you can, get out but what ever you do try to be as safe as possible but don't stay preoccupied with your fears. Our mayor ran on the issue of stopping crime as so many politicians do but that is just talk. Our States Attorneys Office is in shambles and has tried to distracted from crime by focusing on the police. Incarcerations function on a revolving door platform, one out one in. I worked in conjunction with the courts in Baltimore City and in Baltimore County and you would be surprised what is going on behind closed doors, however, the County would never go along with what is happening in Baltimore City. There is no accountability for criminal behavior in the city like there is elsewhere.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:30 PM

675 posts, read 725,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
That is because our tax dollars are spent paying for all the dysfunctional people in the city. Although most people I meet in the city are extremely nice that does not seem to stop their dysfunction.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:50 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post
On the hierarchy of human needs ones safety is second only to our biological needs (eating, breathing etc.) The criminal justice system in Baltimore is no longer interested in keeping it's residents safe. I don't know if you listened to the news lately but there is a suspect who was incarcerated for 20 years but released in 2 and is suspected in being involved in a murder. Baltimore is no longer a safe city for families. If you can, get out but what ever you do try to be as safe as possible but don't stay preoccupied with your fears. Our mayor ran on the issue of stopping crime as so many politicians do but that is just talk. Our States Attorneys Office is in shambles and has tried to distracted from crime by focusing on the police. Incarcerations function on a revolving door platform, one out one in. I worked in conjunction with the courts in Baltimore City and in Baltimore County and you would be surprised what is going on behind closed doors, however, the County would never go along with what is happening in Baltimore City. There is no accountability for criminal behavior in the city like there is elsewhere.
In fairness to the elected officials there's a problem with the judges who are very lenient on crime. From today:

18-year-old's fatal shooting by Baltimore police becomes flash point in debate over repeat offenders - Baltimore Sun

Quote:
For the third time in a month, 18-year-old Curtis Deal had been arrested on gun or drug charges. Judge Nicole Taylor wanted to be sure the young man understood what was expected if she released him to wait for trial.
"You're not going out at night, you're not going to get food, you're not going to meet your girlfriend. You're in your house," Taylor told him at Monday's bail review hearing, raising her voice.

"I'm giving you an opportunity to go to school and not be in jail pending this trial. The curfew is 1 p.m., 7 days a week."
Deal said he understood. Taylor wished him luck.

The next day about 3 p.m., Deal was fatally shot by a Baltimore police detectiveafter allegedly jumping out of a vehicle being tailed by officers and fleeing through the same neighborhood where he'd been arrested the week before. Police said the detective chasing Deal shot him because he feared for his own life. The officer's body camera captured Deal pointing his gun at the detective just before the shooting.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:44 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,260,495 times
FTA:
The next day about 3 p.m., Deal was fatally shot by a Baltimore police detectiveafter allegedly jumping out of a vehicle being tailed by officers and fleeing through the same neighborhood where he'd been arrested the week before. Police said the detective chasing Deal shot him because he feared for his own life. The officer's body camera captured Deal pointing his gun at the detective just before the shooting.

Suicide by cop, and this month's Darwin Award winner.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:25 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,088,903 times
Baltimore City is run by corrupt democrats that don't care to protect the residents. Instead they
want to make Baltimore home to illegals or a sanctuary.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:41 PM

3,769 posts, read 4,113,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
Baltimore City is run by corrupt democrats that don't care to protect the residents. Instead they
want to make Baltimore home to illegals or a sanctuary.
The truest statement I ever heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore