Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 05:25 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,864 times

Advertisements

Melba's on Greenmount Avenue is outrageous!!! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 05:29 PM

Honestly, it's worth the ride 48 minutes south (DC) for better selections in mature African American nightlife. I'm being dead SERIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx to Randallstown View Post
I am also a 80's and 90 Golden Era of Hip Hop generation baby and not from here. Not too young and not too old. I still love to dance so I have heard that 5 Mile House on Reisterstown Rd is good on Sat nights for that type of crowd. I actually agree with the Steelers10 Fan smh lol. Anybody have any opinions on them or any other club that won't take me an hour to get to. Me and my hubby just need to get away for a few hours!!

Old 05-18-2015, 05:42 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,550,449 times
If you want to do one-stop shopping and go out to multiple places within the same locale, you can go down to U Street in DC (if you don't mind some younger Howard students mixed into the crowd). As for Baltimore, well, there really is no place here that offers that level of nightlife for African Americans, at least not a location that has establishments spread out over an entire corridor like U Street. But yes, there is Five Mile House, Melba's, Loafers in Catonsville, smaller places like H2 Lounge, and other small bars and lounges. I envision Pennsylvania Avenue one day resurrecting and becoming Baltimore's version of U Street, but that's closer to a pipe dream, it seems, unfortunately.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:47 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,550,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Honestly, it's worth the ride 48 minutes south (DC) for better selections in mature African American nightlife. I'm being dead SERIOUS!
I agree! I spent a LOT of time on U Street and Adams Morgan. I had a few friends at Howard and we made it almost a weekly routine to hit up places like Endulj, Busboys & Poets, etc. Too bad everyone's got families and kids now. I haven't been down there in a few years. Never worried about anything happening down there either; no fights, no guns, just black people having a good time. I really wish we had something like that up here.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:05 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,653,653 times
Default boredatwork

This dude Infinite heights is goin off

Old 05-19-2015, 05:52 AM

Yes! Adams Morgan and U Street is nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
I agree! I spent a LOT of time on U Street and Adams Morgan. I had

a few friends at Howard and we made it almost a weekly routine to hit up places like Endulj, Busboys & Poets, etc. Too bad everyone's got families and kids now. I haven't been down there in a few years. Never worried about anything happening down there either; no fights, no guns, just black people having a good time. I really wish we had something like that up here.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:54 AM

Oh yes it is bad!!! If you don't think this is bad, then I hate to see what you think good is?!! LOL!

quote=Sunflowery;36927649]It's not that bad lol some of us would rather just stay indooors and have fun amongst friends and family.[/quote]

Old 05-19-2015, 06:04 AM

"I envision Pennsylvania Avenue one day resurrecting and becoming Baltimore's version of U Street, but that's closer to a pipe dream, it seems, unfortunately"

*That would take a tremendous influx of resources and money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
If you want to do one-stop shopping and go out to multiple places within the same locale, you can go down to U Street in DC (if you don't mind some younger Howard students mixed into the crowd). As for Baltimore, well, there really is no place here that offers that level of nightlife for African Americans, at least not a location that has establishments spread out over an entire corridor like U Street. But yes, there is Five Mile House, Melba's, Loafers in Catonsville, smaller places like H2 Lounge, and other small bars and lounges. I envision Pennsylvania Avenue one day resurrecting and becoming Baltimore's version of U Street, but that's closer to a pipe dream, it seems, unfortunately.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:52 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,207,331 times
Quote:
Yup! And that's why I like it! I don't mind the hipsters. Phaze 10 is ultra corny!
Busboys & Poets is more buppie and blipster than hipster in my opinion. The clientele is pretty diverse overall though, I've been to their 14th Street location. It's busy yet pretty chill at the same time.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:54 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,207,331 times
Quote:
This.

DC, New York, and to some extent Philly are the main cities on the East Coast with the best offerings of African American and all-around Black nightlife options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore