Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 11:30 AM

581 posts, read 2,306,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
None of these statements mean anything. But to say "He is a Raven" is a huge compliment. Suggs called Torrey Smith "a Raven" after he played the day of his brother's accidental death. These guys from the owner to the long snapper love each other.
Exactly..

Our guys are an Army of One. Not a bunch of overpaid narcissistic Patriots whom play only for the money and their own personal glory..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 08:36 PM

41 posts, read 156,033 times
Well, my 49er-super fan butt is moving to your town this summer! I'm from the SF Bay Area but have lived in Seattle for the past 4 years. I hope you guys are more hospitable than the Seahawks fans!

Old 01-26-2013, 06:17 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,510,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notswedish View Post
Well, my 49er-super fan butt is moving to your town this summer! I'm from the SF Bay Area but have lived in Seattle for the past 4 years. I hope you guys are more hospitable than the Seahawks fans!
LOL I used to live in Seattle. We are way worse in Baltimore. Welcome.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:46 AM

I lived in Seattle for almost 8 years. The people here are way more fun
than Seattle and also have very colorful personalities.

Leave Seattle behind and don't even mention it when you move here.
Become a local. And grow a thick skin.. People will rip you a new butt
hole if they don't like something you said.. And soon enough you will be
the same. I have noticed a marked change in my temper since moving here.

Welcome!

Old 01-26-2013, 10:06 PM

41 posts, read 156,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborEastGuy View Post
I lived in Seattle for almost 8 years. The people here are way more fun
than Seattle and also have very colorful personalities.

Leave Seattle behind and don't even mention it when you move here.
Become a local. And grow a thick skin.. People will rip you a new butt
hole if they don't like something you said.. And soon enough you will be
the same. I have noticed a marked change in my temper since moving here.

Welcome!
LOL! HEG. So you know about the Seattle Freeze. I couldn't hate anywhere MORE than Seattle, so anywhere is up!!!

I am a colorful, outspoken kinda gal - so I should fit right in! I like upfront, in-your-face kinda communication which is counterculture in the Emerald City. I can't deal with the "if you don't say it doesn't exist" Seattle bull****! Seattle happended. Now time to get back to real life!

Thanks for the advice!

Old 01-27-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
LOL! HEG. So you know about the Seattle Freeze. I couldn't hate anywhere MORE than Seattle, so anywhere is up!!!
I had a great life in Seattle (Huge house/Great Job/Boat/Motorcycle/Hot Looking DD Woman) but by
in large the people seemed to be a bunch introverted anti-social walking zombies. Over a few years
I became just like them. I finally woke up and realized this so I moved myself via a job transfer to
St. Louis after living 5 years in Seattle. It took several years reverse all the damage.

Seattle on paper is awesome in so many ways except that the weather (gloom) sucks the life
(personality) out of everyone. Yes everyone. Leaving was one of the best things I ever did.

Quote:
I am a colorful, outspoken kinda gal - so I should fit right in! I like upfront, in-your-face kinda communication which is counterculture in the Emerald City. I can't deal with the "if you don't say it doesn't exist" Seattle bull****! Seattle happended. Now time to get back to real life!

Thanks for the advice!
Yeah, people in Seattle are easily offended by outspoken people. They prefer you to be ultra British Polite.
"Better to lie to someone then tell the truth and risk offending them" is the motto there.

Baltimore is a GREAT CITY with GREAT PEOPLE. You will love it here as long as you pick the right
neighborhood. Buy a few Ravens Jerseys new off Ebay and wear them everywhere you go when
you first move here and you will be welcomed. That's what I did when I moved here last month.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 AM

Default What a great Raven's Superbowl commercial..

Toyota Game Day Teaser "I Wish" Starring Kaley Cuoco (Official) - YouTube

Purple Everything, Big Breasted Women, Cute Dog, Funky Music.

What is not to like?

Old 01-27-2013, 12:35 PM

1,175 posts, read 2,899,371 times
Quote:
You will have absolutely no issues living in Baltimore and being a fan of another team. I know several Steelers (Most hated team) fans that are happy living in Baltimore, though they will take some generally harmless crap a few days a year. Just don't act crazy when the 49ers are playing the Ravens and you'll never have an issue. Baltimoreans have incredible pride for their teams and many people will probably show you that, but for the most part they are not bothered when someone is from somewhere else and has different teams.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:45 PM

If you express your love for the 49er's in M&T Stadium with any sort of volume do
not expect to make it out of there alive. They won't even find any of the pieces.

Raven's fans are proud savages in their house. (As well they should be!)
If you come here, go native. Buy a Raven's Jersey and join the Ravens family.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 PM

554 posts, read 608,419 times
An interesting article about Ray Lewis ... yeah, you knew about it, but then again, some things you probably didn't know ...

Inside Ravens LB Ray Lewis’ parking-lot brawl murder case - NYPOST.com

The religion of America is celebrity, and the largest denomination is pro football. I see little difference in character between "priests" like Ray Lewis and those who officiate at St. Pedophilia.

I wonder what happened to that fur coat ? Too bad Ray never sat for a deposition ...

Last edited by sibelian; 01-27-2013 at 09:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore