Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 09:47 AM

4 posts, read 10,477 times

Advertisements

Can I get opinions from the parents out there? Where would your child be and why???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 05:15 PM

1,161 posts, read 2,449,179 times
Howard County schools is supposedly the la-de-dah of the area schools, but in reality the schools aren't significantly better than most good suburban public schools. In Howard, River Hill, Centennial and Mount Hebron are the top three high schools. The other Columbia area schools are a mixed bag.

Catonsville is a very good Baltimore County high school, and in my view it comes closest to a small town high school than any other schools in the region. It has everyone: affluent, poor, and middle class students, high academic standards, and strong community support.

Liberty is probably Carroll County's best regarded high school, and comparable to Mount Hebron.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:58 PM

123 posts, read 381,413 times
I vote for Howard County Schools not only did me and my husband go to Howard County Schools but so are all three of my kids. I wouldn't have my kids in any other county for public schools. Howard County schools have some of the highest test scores in the country. But truthfuly I could careless about thoese tests. The reason I love Howard County Schools and think it's the best place for my children is this. When parents walk into a school they listen and when they don't the school board doesn't play any games with that school. Parents and Community are important part of the school system here. Also all of the teachers and staff are expected to continue with their own education. So we have teachers that are very well educated and quailfied. That shows easily in the fact that we have more students who go on to college then any other county in Maryland.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:12 PM

39 posts, read 145,149 times
Well i live in pittsburgh pa and want to relocate to howard co because i hear how good the schools are there. I have a middle and high school boy and girl. Would love for them to go to river hill and clarksville middle, but don't think i can afford to live in clarksville. What other high and middle schools would anyone suggest who has gone to howard county schools? I want to live in a nice neighborhood and i want my kids in the best schools. my son also plays football so i would like to have him in a school where the football team is very good. our football team here sucks, pardon my french, but it's true. any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore