Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 07:05 AM

8,230 posts, read 13,345,033 times

Advertisements

There have been several times where I have been on the train in the evening and either a) a fight breaks out and the operator holds the train with the doors locked until the police get there or b) the train arrives at a station and an army of MTA police and Fare Inspectors get on and start inspections that often yield arrest since many scofflaws use the light rail and don't pay the fare so when the are ask for ID while being issued a citation they are nabbed which often result in the foot chase I mentioned

The light rail will eventually become a "prison train" with trains periodically expressing into the north ave yard where passengers will be forced to disembark behind a security fence into a phalanx of MTA police who will screen them at their leisure and make arrest. I hope I'm not on it when it happens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 07:09 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Uh, probably because the government runs it?
Nope. It's about the population demographic that actually uses it (most).
People without cars and/or parking money don't have a lot of pull
when it comes time to decide how much to pay to create/maintain the service.

Until/unless using mass transit is an actual choice... it will be a bottom feeder.
Where it is an actual and viable choice... it works pretty well.

Quote:
Next up: Single payer health care.....what could possibly go wrong?
I can't wait for the efficiency of CMS to take over. Do some reading: LINK
Taxes will need to go up of course... but that number will be a fraction of what is paid now.

The largest conflict seems to be in reconciling what level of care/service people seem to believe
they are entitled to have relative to what any solvent system can actually deliver.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:45 AM

8,230 posts, read 13,345,033 times
A friend of mine got tired of waiting for the light rail north as he was trying to get out of Baltimore one night and decided to walk up Howard St one night. He had an encounter with someone who looked like this.

And his experience reminded him of this 80s Sci Fi Movie below

Old 03-11-2017, 05:30 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,962,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
what about MTA's overall crappy attitude and customer service skills of its administration and employee?!

How does one go about fixing that?!!
They cheer up after you leave?

Old 03-11-2017, 05:35 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,962,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post

I can't wait for the efficiency of CMS to take over. Do some reading: LINK
Taxes will need to go up of course... but that number will be a fraction of what is paid now.

The largest conflict seems to be in reconciling what level of care/service people seem to believe
they are entitled to have relative to what any solvent system can actually deliver.
Mother Father, and Mother worked for CMS. Both parents were grade 15's when they retired.
My Father saved the Tax Payer a few hundred million over his career (43 Years) while making sure people got the best care possible. He would be the guy to talk to.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:50 AM

789 posts, read 1,095,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekboi View Post
So, I moved to the DMV area last summer. Landed a job in the Bmore metro area, and now I take the light rail to work. And I must say that it is absolute garbage. Especially if you have long commutes.
I've been late for work countless times already. And I don't mean a few minutes late either. I'm talking HOURS late... because something seems to ALWAYS be wrong with the light rail system. I'm paying 60+ bucks per month to ride this thing. And lots of people are paying even more. Where the **** is the money going for this thing?

As of today, I have experienced everything from trains simply not showing up, to drivers taking off and leaving people because they don't give a ****, trains kicking everyone off of the train for absolute reason, to trains being stopped for hours and the driver refusing to give details as to why...

I know some people are going to say "well it's public trasportation, what do you expect?". Well... I'M PAYING FOR THIS ****! It's funny how the ticket inspectors basically HARASS people who don't have their tickets on the train, but yet, the service is **** poor. There are like.. 3 or 4 decent MTA Light Rail drivers and the rest are soulless mammals. I just don't get why the Light Rail can't get their **** together. Quit ****ing off with our money and fix the **** so people can get home and to work on time.
I've heard a few people say that they love riding the light rail and that it's reliable. I don't know what light rail they are on, but the one i'm riding through Baltimore everyday is just GARBAGE!
You should take your issue to your local politician. Seems like you have a bit to say on the topic, and literally nobody here is going be of any help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: