Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 01:22 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,965,185 times

Advertisements

^
Have you taken the Wonderlic?

Here is the link to the test, 2017 Quarterback Wonderlic Test Scores - Wonderlic Test Sample
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 08:54 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,087,399 times
I recall Hillary Clinton told the fake CNN news years ago she was a lifelong NY Steelers fan and she also
watched the Washington Packers alot. Liberals usually don't watch football though. It's no surprise Hillary applauded the
Raven players that disrespected the US national anthem and flag. She is a 100% corrupt politician, that has sold the country out for her own gain!

After this blows over the Ravens will still have lost support.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:52 AM

789 posts, read 1,096,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
I recall Hillary Clinton
Oh God, why are we still talking about this woman...

Quote:
fake CNN news years ago
Well this is a solid footing for making a sound and reasonable statement.

Quote:
Liberals usually don't watch football though.
I've also pulled ideas out of my ass before.

Quote:
She is a 100% corrupt politician, that has sold the country out for her own gain!
Again, why does this matter? If anything, you have made a perfect example of why Trump's tweets are making this such a divisive issue. If he never tweeted about this you wouldn't be so riled up!

Old 10-01-2017, 11:06 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Steelers game:

Big Ben holds his hand over his heart and at least mouths to words to the anthem.

Flacco stands around looking everywhere but towards the flag chatting it up with at least one other player, laughing about something.

Go Steelers! Sad to have it come to that. Put Mallett in, please!

Old 10-01-2017, 12:07 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,087,399 times
The Ravens disrespected the US again somewhat.

Ravens fans boo players for kneeling before national anthem, stand during it | WBFF

Old 10-01-2017, 03:10 PM

7,017 posts, read 11,310,963 times
Team plays like garbage again should be the story. The defense was soft up front, but the offense bears the brunt of the criticism. Misconnection between a wide open Perriman and Flacco tells the tale. Poor throw, horrible adjustment to the ball, easy 6 points slip away.

I would say Flacco has another game, maybe just a half, to figure out how the get the offense moving. If not, it is time for the team to move on. I love Flacco, but he isn't getting the job done and really hasn't for awhile now.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Team plays like garbage again should be the story. The defense was soft up front, but the offense bears the brunt of the criticism. Misconnection between a wide open Perriman and Flacco tells the tale. Poor throw, horrible adjustment to the ball, easy 6 points slip away.

I would say Flacco has another game, maybe just a half, to figure out how the get the offense moving. If not, it is time for the team to move on. I love Flacco, but he isn't getting the job done and really hasn't for awhile now.
Flacco isn't going anywhere. I would love an upgrade. Of course it is extremely difficult to find a QB. Anybody that thinks otherwise does not know anything about the game.

Fun list. National Football League: NFL Draft History - by Position

Now I will wait for some poster to not read the link, and make some comment.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
Flacco isn't going anywhere. I would love an upgrade. Of course it is extremely difficult to find a QB. Anybody that thinks otherwise does not know anything about the game.

Fun list. National Football League: NFL Draft History - by Position

Now I will wait for some poster to not read the link, and make some comment.
Yes, it is very hard to find an NFL caliber QB as the link shows. The reality right now is that Joe is among the worst, if not the worst, quarterbacks by the numbers in the league this year. This was largely covered up by the lack of competition in the first 2 games, but the last few weeks when we needed some passing offense to compete, we found nothing there and were handily beaten. 0 points in the first half of the last two games doesn't cut it.

I love Joe and will always consider him a Raven for life, one of our best. That said everybody gets old, everybody gets banged up, and sometimes a player's cap hit exceeds his value and prevents the team from taking the next step.

Right now our next step is getting back into the playoffs. A bottom 5 QB sucking up that much cap space makes that nearly impossible. Rodgers? Sure, he can make the magic happen with a beat-up line and average skill position players. Flacco can not, and has had every season since our Super Bowl to prove he can. The sample size at this point is large enough to conclude that he isn't up the challenge week in and week out.

You also have to consider Harbaugh's job security right now. I don't think he will allow Joe to struggle his way to more blow-out losses, he will make a change. I think it is coming soon if Flacco's game doesn't pick up.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Yes, it is very hard to find an NFL caliber QB as the link shows. The reality right now is that Joe is among the worst, if not the worst, quarterbacks by the numbers in the league this year. This was largely covered up by the lack of competition in the first 2 games, but the last few weeks when we needed some passing offense to compete, we found nothing there and were handily beaten. 0 points in the first half of the last two games doesn't cut it.

I love Joe and will always consider him a Raven for life, one of our best. That said everybody gets old, everybody gets banged up, and sometimes a player's cap hit exceeds his value and prevents the team from taking the next step.

Right now our next step is getting back into the playoffs. A bottom 5 QB sucking up that much cap space makes that nearly impossible. Rodgers? Sure, he can make the magic happen with a beat-up line and average skill position players. Flacco can not, and has had every season since our Super Bowl to prove he can. The sample size at this point is large enough to conclude that he isn't up the challenge week in and week out.

You also have to consider Harbaugh's job security right now. I don't think he will allow Joe to struggle his way to more blow-out losses, he will make a change. I think it is coming soon if Flacco's game doesn't pick up.
I think Joe will come around. As for Harbaugh I have thought for years he was, and is the main problem.
Look at that team and you tell me. I mean the entire team is bad with the exception of a handful of players.
Anything 8-8 or worse and Harbaugh and his coaches should be shown the door. He got an extension as a motivator, but when you field a team like this...
As much as we can roast Flacco between his line, and his receivers, Breshad Perriman, Jeremy Maclin, Mike Wallace, and Ben Watson as your Tight End, (Let those names sink in) with a running back who you had to go out and find after the season started because you didn't really have one on the team, and this guy can't hold onto the ball, you know the fumble that lead to a TD for Pitt......

I have disliked Harbaugh since the 2011 AFCG. I think he is clueless.

Old 10-03-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
I think Joe will come around. As for Harbaugh I have thought for years he was, and is the main problem.
Look at that team and you tell me. I mean the entire team is bad with the exception of a handful of players.
Anything 8-8 or worse and Harbaugh and his coaches should be shown the door. He got an extension as a motivator, but when you field a team like this...
As much as we can roast Flacco between his line, and his receivers, Breshad Perriman, Jeremy Maclin, Mike Wallace, and Ben Watson as your Tight End, (Let those names sink in) with a running back who you had to go out and find after the season started because you didn't really have one on the team, and this guy can't hold onto the ball, you know the fumble that lead to a TD for Pitt......

I have disliked Harbaugh since the 2011 AFCG. I think he is clueless.
Harbaugh isn't the GM, he doesn't pick the personnel. That is Ozzie Newsome's job, and he has not had the success of late he had earlier in his GM career.

The entire offense is bad, no doubt about it. But Joe isn't making the plays that are there to be made, like the overthrow the Perriman that erased a sure TD. He is also turning the ball over at a maddening rate. When that happens, you have to start to question whether a QB's brain hasn't yet processed that his throwing velocity isn't what it used to be. The lower body injuries over the last 3 seasons are probably the cause of this. The same thing that happened to late career Manning, Marino, and many others.

What I am proposing isn't something I want to see, I want to see Joe do well and the team to win. I don't think the leash is long though, that's my main point. Harbaugh probably returns if the team is 7-9 or better and competes. He, like any coach, has a very uncertain future if the team ends with 10+ losses and is getting blown out like we have seen the last two weeks. All I expect Harbaugh to do is what most coaches would do when their starting QB has a run of 4+ bad games, which is to turn to the backup and see if gets better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore