Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 08:32 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,091,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Looks good.. I wonder how much it will cost to build it. I am not totally familiar with the site so I dont know if all those features are already there from some of the Country Club day or have to be built. Acquisition plus site development could be $$$ but if there is ever an area in Baltimore to get it done it would be this one.
I guess we will have to wait this one out and see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 07:57 PM

Claiborne gets zoning board approval for senior living facility in North Roland Park

https://baltimorefishbowl.com/storie...h-roland-park/

Changes and more changes to the last bastion of green space

Old 01-10-2022, 07:10 PM

Roland Park inks deal to buy 20 acres from the Baltimore Country Club for a public park

https://baltimorebrew.com/2021/12/23...a-public-park/

Old 01-14-2022, 08:25 AM

8,227 posts, read 13,345,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Roland Park inks deal to buy 20 acres from the Baltimore Country Club for a public park

https://baltimorebrew.com/2021/12/23...a-public-park/
Yeah this is a win for Roland Park.. the City Government may be giving them the side eye though. One, the taxes generated from having townhomes or mini mansions versus a park are going to be considerably less for a cash strapped city. Secondly, since it is a private park, the public will be "welcomed" but since it is not a city park that may lead to some confusion from your non Roland Park Baltimoreans ...who.. as we know.. love parks for good and bad reasons...I am sure RP will post the rules and if you want to throw your family reunion out there you will need to get permission from RPF as opposed to Baltimore City Rec and Parks.. Well, we all know how well we Baltimoreans follow rules...they are generally just guidelines. mere suggestions which will make enforcement interesting... ... At any rate with the redevelopment of Cross Keys.. it will certainly be a welcome addition for their residents as well.

Old 01-18-2022, 04:19 PM

899 posts, read 540,114 times
Quote:
Yeah this is a win for Roland Park.. the City Government may be giving them the side eye though. One, the taxes generated from having townhomes or mini mansions versus a park are going to be considerably less for a cash strapped city. Secondly, since it is a private park, the public will be "welcomed" but since it is not a city park that may lead to some confusion from your non Roland Park Baltimoreans ...who.. as we know.. love parks for good and bad reasons...I am sure RP will post the rules and if you want to throw your family reunion out there you will need to get permission from RPF as opposed to Baltimore City Rec and Parks.. Well, we all know how well we Baltimoreans follow rules...they are generally just guidelines. mere suggestions which will make enforcement interesting... ... At any rate with the redevelopment of Cross Keys.. it will certainly be a welcome addition for their residents as well.
I know the land well and the appeal as a park is limited. It's a steep hill with a bit of a meadow at the bottom. A brisk walk can cover the site in 15 minutes. It's not Lake Roland. It's not Cylburn. Nor is it Sherwood Gardens, which is lovely when the flowers are in season.

I suppose the neighborhood will include a dog park somewhere on the site and that can bring the outsiders but beyond that, it will be mainly neighborhood residents using it, and even then it will still be the dog walkers. But they wanted to keep it an open space and they raised the money for it and they will get what they want. Can't argue with it.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
I know the land well and the appeal as a park is limited. It's a steep hill with a bit of a meadow at the bottom. A brisk walk can cover the site in 15 minutes. It's not Lake Roland. It's not Cylburn. Nor is it Sherwood Gardens, which is lovely when the flowers are in season.

I suppose the neighborhood will include a dog park somewhere on the site and that can bring the outsiders but beyond that, it will be mainly neighborhood residents using it, and even then it will still be the dog walkers. But they wanted to keep it an open space and they raised the money for it and they will get what they want. Can't argue with it.
I can understand the residents perspective. Rather it be a community green space, than a Tysons Corner style Apartment complex.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Cross Keys needs to be revamped big time. It's just an old lady open mall with a really good cafe.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:56 AM

8,227 posts, read 13,345,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Cross Keys needs to be revamped big time. It's just an old lady open mall with a really good cafe.
Yeah... its a really nice community but it is somewhat dated... I remember looking at a unit here and it was straight out of the 1980s. I was also advised that nothing but "old people" live there and I should look downtown. Well that was 15 years ago... so maybe I am in that camp now...

The concepts that I have seen recently add more apartments which may certainly bring in a younger demographic. I have also heard rumors that they are trying to recruit Whole Foods to relocate out of Mt. Washington to a much drier environment. That along with the reno of the mall and the attraction of Hampden and Woodberry for younger folks along with proximity to downtown will likely make a difference.

Old 02-02-2022, 08:05 AM

899 posts, read 540,114 times
Quote:
Yeah... its a really nice community but it is somewhat dated... I remember looking at a unit here and it was straight out of the 1980s. I was also advised that nothing but "old people" live there and I should look downtown. Well that was 15 years ago... so maybe I am in that camp now...

The concepts that I have seen recently add more apartments which may certainly bring in a younger demographic. I have also heard rumors that they are trying to recruit Whole Foods to relocate out of Mt. Washington to a much drier environment. That along with the reno of the mall and the attraction of Hampden and Woodberry for younger folks along with proximity to downtown will likely make a difference.
Old people do need a place to live. We sometimes forget this!

Cross Keys works well as a place for people to downsize, and the financial model of the high HOAs that come with owning a property in Cross Keys means it will always be predisposed to affluent retirees and downsizers. I don't quite see it ever becoming popular with younger buyers, although they do exist, just not on a large scale.

Young people - whoever they are - have plenty of options across the city. I'd leave Cross Keys for older people looking for a quiet place with lush landscaping. Not everything needs or wants to be a "dynamic mixed-use environment catering to people of all ages and backgrounds" that is the mantra of urban planners these days.

Old 03-17-2022, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
Old people do need a place to live. We sometimes forget this!

Cross Keys works well as a place for people to downsize, and the financial model of the high HOAs that come with owning a property in Cross Keys means it will always be predisposed to affluent retirees and downsizers. I don't quite see it ever becoming popular with younger buyers, although they do exist, just not on a large scale.

Young people - whoever they are - have plenty of options across the city. I'd leave Cross Keys for older people looking for a quiet place with lush landscaping. Not everything needs or wants to be a "dynamic mixed-use environment catering to people of all ages and backgrounds" that is the mantra of urban planners these days.
Nice view DX. I think CrossKeys can add some value without going overboard. I mean, take a walk. It is honestly all old lady clothing stores. What that would look like I am not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: