Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 03:31 PM

19 posts, read 105,266 times

Advertisements

Okay, I’m sure there have been forums similar to this before but I could use some suggestions.

My best friend and I are going to be moving in Baltimore city in June 2010
Our budget is around $2000 including utilities (so about upper 1000’s without utilities included)
We are bother 25, young professionals that would like an area where we can walk to local bars or eateries and still feel safe
Priorities are
1-Safety – definitely want on site and prob access controlled parking
2-Convenience – easy access to food, convenience store or supermarket , ect
3-Roommate floor plan set up (2 baths, similar sized rooms)
4-Clean, spacious apts
A fitness center and concierge onsite would be great but not necessary

So far we’ve toured
-The Symphony- we loved the building and the luxury style apartments but we hated the location. It’s just outside Mt Vernon where the area starts to get a lot less safe.
-Park Charles- Loved the location, so close to Charles square but hated the apartments. They just felt cheap inside and the 2nd bedroom was odd shaped. Outdated cabinets, ect.

Ive been checking in to but haven’t toured
-36 Lexington- There’s no attached parking correct? I m not sure I like having to walk the block to parking. My roommate bartends and coming home at 4 in the morning and then having to walk to the apartment would suck
-The Standard- any thoughts here?

Id really like something in lotus point, canton or federal hill but I haven really found much meeting the above description in these neighborhoods.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 03:46 PM

372 posts, read 1,116,773 times
Does it have to be Baltimore? I really don't think it has what you are after. I would like to recommend south Balt, Silver Spring area or closer to DC.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:23 PM

239 posts, read 759,957 times
2639 Boston street, #319

hotpads.com

Old 02-03-2010, 04:30 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,907,683 times
What you are looking for does not exist in Baltimore City. You might consider areas to the north, northwest, and west of the city limits.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:05 PM

It doesnt have to be right in the city.
But Silver Spring or Dc is too far South.
She works in Belair and I work in Columbia
We thought moving into Baltimore would be fun yet a good compromise of distance between the two of us

Old 02-03-2010, 05:06 PM

Towson is always an option but we really thought that if we could find a great neighborhood of Baltimore that that would be perfect.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:36 PM

103 posts, read 410,354 times
How about the White Marsh area? Along the I95 corridor it would be closer to Bel Air than Columbia though... or the other trendy spots in the city- Canton, Federal Hill, Fells Point etc.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:36 AM

1,757 posts, read 5,138,989 times
I don't think it would be that hard to find. If you're looking to be in a condo type of housing, there's numerous places although the in house gym might be difficult.

If you guys really have ~1700 to rent a 2br/2ba you can easily get a rowhouse in Canton or Fell's Point which would meet all your criteria for easy access to restaurants and such and would probably get you a parking pad or garage as well.

If you shoot me a pm, I'm a realtor in the city and can see what I can find for rentals.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:08 AM

775 posts, read 1,785,444 times
Look outside the city, if for no other reason than safety. You can find a beautiful place in Towson or White Marsh or Columbia and travel into the city as needed.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:21 AM

Im not sure about renting a house.
We would def need a parking pad for two cars
A friend lived in Fells, a beautiful house -but parking was scarce
And walking home late at night from being parked several blocks over is something I rather not do

Canton would seem a lil safer correct?

I currently live oin Columbia Its too far for a commute to Belair.
Also we like would like to be able to have friends over and be able to take a cab to the bars/nightlife.
Columbia nightlife is not that exciting and a cab ride to the city is about $70 one way.

White marsh is going to be the same thing.No nearby nightlife. Too far of a commute to Columbia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore