Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Attending a Maine Meet in Bangor, Maine
I'm interested. Near the End of August would be better 6 18.18%
I'm interested. The Beginning of September would be better. 19 57.58%
I need a different month to attend. 7 21.21%
I'm not really interested. 3 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:04 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,426,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
I don't think I can do "big hair", or puffy hair.... you guys saw my hair! Just not possible... oh! I'll wear a swim cap!
That's ok, M! You can do the cute pony tail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 07:57 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,684,725 times
I've got to tell you all that it was great fun to be part of this gathering. One thing I enjoyed was seeing people get out of their chairs and move around the tables so they could talk and visit with different little groups. When you consider that many of these people had never seen each other, it was remarkable how much it felt like out friends meeting for a meal and conversation. I'm really glad I was there.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:35 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,656,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I've got to tell you all that it was great fun to be part of this gathering. One thing I enjoyed was seeing people get out of their chairs and move around the tables so they could talk and visit with different little groups. When you consider that many of these people had never seen each other, it was remarkable how much it felt like out friends meeting for a meal and conversation. I'm really glad I was there.
That's 'cause it WAS... when you exchange thoughts on such a variety of topics as we do here on the board -- serious, frivolous and off the wall as well -- the person behind the screen name has to come though. Very different from "social networking" or "singles" sites where folks also interact, in my opinion and experience. There, more though is put into the mask you show than substance. Again, my opinion/experience.

That is why I still sometimes post here and have never done more than throw up my hands at most other "community" sites.

I am glad you made it also, and sorry that you won't be around for the housewarming. DO plan a visit to Corinth next time you are in Maine and I'm betting we can assemble a good group in that location too.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:45 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,466,823 times
Default Had to bring this one back

Hey everyone! I've been unable to get online for a while due to (self imposed) computer problems. I was so happy to log back in and bring this thread up. I've been anxiously awaiting to see everyone and hear about your wonderful day. You're all a good lookin' bunch! It sounds /looks like you all had a fabulous day. Thanks everyone for posting such great pics! Maybe next time I too will be around. I'm still trying to figure out how I can get back there in October for Moughies visit.

Anyway, just dropped in to check on everyone. You all seem to be doing really well - sorry to hear about MW's uninvited lite handed guests. Lock n load, MW!

It's nice to be back on CD, I've missed you all.

Next time I think about defragging my system, someone please remind me that I'm not qualified to perform such an undertaking. That clean up disk can be a little pesky when you start deleting unknown files. Duh.
I guess I won't be applying for that job with The Geek Squad just yet.

Have a nice weekend all!

Old 09-14-2008, 10:04 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,204,513 times
i wish we could have been there. next time hopefully.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:33 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,392 times
Yess what about next month?
I should do another thread...
October 18th?
12:30
at................................?
Bangor Maine
Who can go in October?

Old 09-16-2008, 07:30 AM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,151,763 times
Yeah, another thread would be a good idea, so everyone knows we are talking about another meet.

I work for another department now, and work Saturday mornings, so I would be late if it were in Bangor...but I was also thinking that so many people traveled to the last one, that maybe do it closer to our traveling friends this time???? Unless a trip to Bangor would be something they'd be doing anyway...

Okay, you all plan one and (hopefully) I can come

Old 09-16-2008, 09:03 AM

37,470 posts, read 61,423,512 times
What about the Common Grounds Fair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area