Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 11:36 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Spoiler
AL STARTERS
C Joe Mauer, Twins
1B Justin Morneau, Twins
2B Robinson Cano, Yankees
SS Derek Jeter, Yankees
3B Evan Longoria, Rays
OF Ichiro Suzuki, Mariners
OF Josh Hamilton, Rangers
OF Carl Crawford, Rays
DH Vladimir Guerrero, Rangers

NL STARTERS
C Yadier Molina, Cardinals
1B Albert Pujols, Cardinals
2B Chase Utley, Phillies (injured) -- to be replaced by Martin Prado, Braves
SS Hanley Ramirez, Marlins
3B David Wright, Mets
OF Ryan Braun, Brewers
OF Jason Heyward, Braves
OF Andre Ethier, Dodgers

AL PITCHERS
C.C. Sabathia, Yankees
Clay Buchholz, Red Sox
Fausto Carmona, Indians
David Price, Rays
Neftali Feliz, Rangers
Phil Hughes, Yankees
Mariano Rivera, Yankees
Jon Lester, Red Sox
Matt Thornton, White Sox
Jose Valverde, Tiges
Cliff Lee, Mariners
Trevor Cahill, Athletics
Joakim Soria, Royals

AL RESERVES
C John Buck, Blue Jays
INF Elvis Andrus, Rangers
INF Jose Bautista, INF
Adrian Beltre, Red Sox
INF Miguel Cabrera, Tigers
INF Ian Kinsler
INF Alex Rodriguez, Yankees
INF Ty Wigginton, Orioles
OF Torii Hunter, Angels
OF Vernon Wells, Blue Jays
DH David Ortiz, Red Sox

NL PITCHERS
Roy Halladay, Phillies
Josh Johnson, Marlins
Tim Lincecum, Giants
Tim Hudson, Braves
Jonathan Broxton, Dodgers
Arthur Rhodes, Reds
Adam Wainwright, Cardinals
Chris Carpenter, Cardinals
Brian Wilson, Giants
Evan Meek, Pirates
Ubaldo Jimenez, Rockies
Matt Capps, Nationals
Yovani Gallardo, Brewers

NL RESERVES
C Brian McCann, Braves
INF Adrian Gonzalez, Padres
INF Ryan Howard, Phillies
INF Omar Infante, Braves
INF Brandon Phillips, Reds
INF Martin Prado (replaces Utley as starting 2B)
INF Jose Reyes, Mets
INF Scott Rolen, Reds
OF Michael Bourn, Astros
OF Marlin Byrd, Cubs
OF Corey Hart, Brewers
OF Matt Holliday, Cardinals
OF Chris Young, Diamondbacks
Well, the best part about the All-Star game rosters is bitching about who made it and who didn't.

There are some totally atrocious choices here:
The worst has be Omar Infante .311/.343/.378 (Batting Average, On base percentage, Slugging) and 0.6 WAR
The obvious choice would have been Rafael Furcal .338/.384/.500 and 2.8 WAR

Ryan Howard .296/.353/.506 and 1.3 WAR over Joey Votto .313/.413/.574 and 3.6 WAR. Little bit of Homerism there Charlie M?

A-Rod .278/.351/.491 and 2.1 WAR over Youkilis .299/.415/.576 and 3.2 WAR

Francisco Liriano is better than just about everyone in the AL with a 2.88 xFIP and 4.2 WAR. Certainly better than Sabathia (3.97 and 1.9) and Hughes (3.95 and 2.0)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 11:43 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Default Strasburg Mania

Oh yeah...

Strasburg: 36.2 innings, 2.45 ERA, 10 walks, 53 K's, 29 hits, 2 home runs, 1.88 xFIP, 1.6 WAR

Capps: 36.2 innings, 3.19 ERA, 7 walks, 32 K's, 44 hits, 4 home runs, 3.45 xFIP, .6 WAR

Strasburg is a better pitcher than Matt Capps

Old 07-04-2010, 02:33 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times
I'm a Braves fan and all but seeing Omar's name gave me a WTF moment. It is what it is though.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:08 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,462 times
Yeah Prado and Heyward... Whoopp Whoopp

And Strasburg don't deserve it. He came in too late into the season. Yes he's awesome. I love him. But no. Next season

Old 07-04-2010, 10:05 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
Yeah Prado and Heyward... Whoopp Whoopp

And Strasburg don't deserve it. He came in too late into the season. Yes he's awesome. I love him. But no. Next season
Gotta agree with you on Strasburg.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:58 AM

427 posts, read 1,224,301 times
First things first i'm not a reds fan at all but I would have liked to have seen rolen start at 3b over wright simply for the fact that wright looked shaky at best in last season's all star game and because he has 2x the k's this year of rolen and a lower ops% and i'm more confident in rolen's defense. Also Votto flat out got snubbed but there's always one or two of those each year so what's new. The NL is so first base heavy. I'm a NL guy and manuel better put the right people out there and put the right guys on the mound. If the NL loses this year i'm done with it and won't be tuning in to anymore all-star games. Utley being out sucks because he is so clutch and balanced that lineup more. Having Halladay and Holliday on the NL side this year should help but i don't know if it will be enough to tilt the scale. We shall see. Who is the DH for the NL?

Last edited by jcx456; 07-05-2010 at 01:10 AM..

Old 07-05-2010, 01:28 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
I think the manager only chooses the pitchers. Howard's ahead of Votto because he got more votes. Take it up with the apathetic souls of southern Ohio and whoever invented direct democracy,not Cholly.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:48 AM

427 posts, read 1,224,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I think the manager only chooses the pitchers. Howard's ahead of Votto because he got more votes. Take it up with the apathetic souls of southern Ohio and whoever invented direct democracy,not Cholly.
I wasn't complaining about howard i actually hope he is the DH for the NL, him and pujols b2b in the lineup sounds really nice. The NL has too many really good 1B, i wish their star players were more spread out and balanced like the AL. When i was referring to charlie i mean i hope he puts the right pitchers in the game or pinch hits the right guy at the right time. I'm gonna be pissed if capps gives up a walkoff for example if broxton or lincecum or wainwright were available is all i mean i know how the all-star game works and how the starters are voted in. For some reason i still feel like the AL is going to win and wright is giving me a bad vibe for some reason too like he is going to make an error that will cost the NL the game or strike out with the bases loaded or something.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:28 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
I was addressing the OP, not you

Old 07-05-2010, 02:36 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,014 times
Manager chooses bench and pitchers. It was Charlie Manuel's decision to pick Omar Infante, for whatever reason.

Regardless of how late Strasburg came into the season, he's still one of the best pitchers in the league and gives the NL the best chance to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball