Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 07:07 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times

Advertisements

I'm a little surprised the Royals don't have a team thread. Anyway, thought I'd start one.

It's been a long time since they have won a world series, IIRC the last time was 1985. Regardless, they've come quite a ways over the last several years. Gonna be a heck of a series against the NY Mets!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 07:14 AM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Congrats from a Mets fan. This will be very entertaining. I like the way KC plays the game. They, like NYM, deserve to be the Final 2 standing.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:10 AM

1,962 posts, read 2,707,067 times
Congrats to the Royals. It's going to be a great World Series.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:42 PM

684 posts, read 790,823 times
Is Kansas City no longer a baseball town?

Most people in the Kansas City, Missouri forum kind of see this thread as the Kansas City Royals thread. I even made note of this in comment #244:

Quote:
I looked for one, but I don't think City-Data has a Royals team thread in the baseball forum. But anyways, this thread has basically become, The Official (Unofficial) Kansas City Royals Thread. (Perhaps it would take a mod to change its title. But, if it were moved to the baseball section then it wouldn't get as much attention.)

Old 10-24-2015, 01:06 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
The last time the Royals won the Series it was the most entertaining 10-0 Game Seven I've seen. Everyone was just sort of waiting for the fallout from the previous night's game which featured the notorious Don Dimkinger blown call at first. When the Cardinals started to fall way behind early, they pretty much threw in the towel and behaved liked brats. Herzog bringing in the volcanic tempered Andujar to relieve seemed designed to produce the explosion which it did.

I had the distinct impression that the Cardinals simply gave up by the 5th inning of that game and indulged their tempers the rest of the way.

Old 10-24-2015, 01:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver...0Denkinger.jpg

How the heck did he miss that one?

Go Royals! I hope they win their 1st legitimate championship.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:45 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver...0Denkinger.jpg

How the heck did he miss that one?

Go Royals! I hope they win their 1st legitimate championship.
One can always play the what if game regarding that call. However to claim that it somehow deligitimizes their championship is foolish. There was a game 7 to be played and the Cardinals totally no showed. Something championship teams don't do. So go Royals! I'm rooting for you to win your second legitimate world series title. You have already acomplished a rare thing in this age of free agency by going to back to back world series. As a fan who started loving baseball with the KC A's and went on to being a Royals fan from their inception, through the glory years and the lean years, win or lose, I relish every moment of October baseball that my team plays.

Old 10-24-2015, 04:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
One can always play the what if game regarding that call. However to claim that it somehow deligitimizes their championship is foolish. There was a game 7 to be played and the Cardinals totally no showed. Something championship teams don't do. So go Royals! I'm rooting for you to win your second legitimate world series title. You have already acomplished a rare thing in this age of free agency by going to back to back world series. As a fan who started loving baseball with the KC A's and went on to being a Royals fan from their inception, through the glory years and the lean years, win or lose, I relish every moment of October baseball that my team plays.
I should have left a smiley. Go Royals.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:45 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post

I'll go to my grave still proclaiming "Bartman gets a bad wrap in Chicago." Did he walk the ballpark?? Did he leave Wood in too long?? Did he make that absolutely atrocious error which completely aided the Marlins rally?? I rest my case. The Cubs fans needed a scapegoat, and Bartman was a convenient scapegoat for them, but Alex Gonzales, the guy who made that back-breaking error should've been the branded "scapegoat."

Old 10-28-2015, 05:50 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Royals up 1 game to none in the World Series. They've got momentum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball