Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 05:49 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times

Advertisements

Best of luck the the Phillies. Rays will be tough, but I say Phils in 6!

Old 10-20-2008, 12:54 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,285 times
WooHoo! I say the Phils in six as well. Rays are a good solid team but think they will have issues because of inexperience in the spotlight. The Phillies seem very focused on winning it all. The Rays were celebrating last night like they had won the world series for the little I saw. I'm also not sure that a team with such low attendance deserves a World Series win. The players do but can't say much for a team that has fans that don't show up in the regular season espeically when they are in the playoff hunt. Go Phillies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 01:55 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,235,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Best of luck the the Phillies. Rays will be tough, but I say Phils in 6!
I'm happy for both teams, I think this is going to be a great series. I love seeing different teams for once, and both truly earned their way to get this far. Good luck to the Phillies your rooting for.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:31 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
I'm hoping for a Phils sweep. I think its possible.....the Rays are kind of reminding me of last year's Rockies. Their youth might catch up with them in the series...

Plus, I have tickets to game 4 and it would be something to see them win it all live...!

Old 10-22-2008, 08:45 PM

Great game 1 so far. Phils up 3-2...going to the 7th. Hope they can hold on.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:43 AM

What a great game last night! I had to be up at 6:30 this morning but didn't care and watched the complete game. I was on the edge of my seat the last couple innings. It looks very good for the Phillies right now The thing I love is that everybody including the media basically wrote off the Phillies and it's been a Rays lovefest. The Phillies are very focused and determined to win.....it could be a short series! Go Phils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
What a great game last night! I had to be up at 6:30 this morning but didn't care and watched the complete game. I was on the edge of my seat the last couple innings. It looks very good for the Phillies right now The thing I love is that everybody including the media basically wrote off the Phillies and it's been a Rays lovefest. The Phillies are very focused and determined to win.....it could be a short series! Go Phils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6:30 lucky. I had to be up a 5.

Hamels was great and Lidge is the bomb. I'm just wondering which game Lidge is going to give it up in....you know the "law of averages".

Old 10-23-2008, 09:37 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
If either Howard or J-Roll wake up from their slumber tonight, the Phils will be on their way to a sweep. I think even replacing Coste as the DH with Dobbs will make a big difference.

Phils in 4! Get out the brooms!

Old 10-23-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
6:30 lucky. I had to be up a 5.

Hamels was great and Lidge is the bomb. I'm just wondering which game Lidge is going to give it up in....you know the "law of averages".
That's what had me nervous last night. It's been fun watching Lidge all season but got all nervous at the start of the ninth. His inning was very impressive and fun to watch. What a nasty slider! I'm so happy to see Ryan Madson be so dominating too. Been a huge fan of his since his early days in the minors.

I bet it was worth it watching the game even though you had to be up at 5 I wish they would start the games at 7 for the folks who work and kids that go to school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
If either Howard or J-Roll wake up from their slumber tonight, the Phils will be on their way to a sweep. I think even replacing Coste as the DH with Dobbs will make a big difference.

I was talking to a friend who asked what player would do the most damage in the World Series and I went with Jimmy Rollins. Just think he's ready to break out but man he didn't look too good again last night. Howard looks really out of whack but he has a habit of turning that around fast (just hope it's coming in the next game or two). I have loved to watch Dobbs hit and will be nice to hopefully see him in the DH spot tonight. A sweep would be pretty amazing and would love to see that (or a win in five games) so the players can celebrate at home with the fans

Old 10-24-2008, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Unfortunately, not going to happen. Phils did what they needed to do though, split on the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball