Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:09 AM

364 posts, read 483,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Heh..I realize you are fighting this battle on multiple threads because you know its true. If you didn't you wouldn't care. Sometimes the person that battles most is the guy who feels guilty.

Oh and I took idiot out because it was inappropriate.
Poor assessment. I can't speak for those not calling you out. But I do think someone should address it. ....multiple threads? ditto bud. In fact, you mentioned in one thread that you DON'T care.

Anyway, jp03,
Maybe you should think before you call someone an idiot, if you're capable.

Quote:
Again ..... The Yankees have the ability to keep all their good players! Most other teams don't ...
Quote:
See , i think there should be no salary cap for your own players..you should be able to pay as much as you want to keep em.

pwned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Way to take one line out of a whole paragraph..just like a Yankee fan

OWNED

The whole paragraph makes you look worse!
Quote:
This is true..the Yankees did not truly BUY the WS..but as with the Phils and about 6 or 7 other teams, they are the only ones with a chance to win it. It comes down to about 8 teams each year with the rogue team getting some good young players who come together once every 10 years or so. Free agency has ruined baseball forever..there is no turning back. Enjoy the win Yanks if you get it...but understand..the rest of the country does not share in your joy...Ya bought another one. Congrats...
So the Yankees didn't buy it, but they did?

Old 11-05-2009, 09:16 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,930,053 times
Look at the whole "homegrown" argument this way.

Going into last night the Yankees had a goal, and that was for Pettitte to hand the ball to Mariano Rivera with Joba possibly bridging the gap.

The Phillies hopes to stay alive depended on Pedro Martinez getting as deep into the game as possible so they could hand the ball to Brad Lidge and cross their fingers.

Without even looking at what actually happened in the game, you can look at the two game-plans (and yes it's only one game in the series) and see that the Phillies went into Game Six using something out of the Yankees playbook from the days when they didn't win, while the Yankees went into it with pitching they developed themselves. You had the perfect season with Lidge last year, and now is the time to move on from him. Pedro gave you some great starts. Thank him and wish him well in his future endeavors.

Money didn't win last night's game or cost the Phillies the World Series. The Phillies are a great team with some young pitchers who are still developing and an offense that can compete with anyone in the game. They will win another World Series within three to five years, and the reason I believe that to be true is because they will get back there again very soon; my prediction is as soon as next year.

Two pennants in two years with a world championship under their belt is something to be very proud of, so my wish for the Phillies fans here today is to recognize this for what it is; you have the potential for a long-term dynasty to celebrate in an era where there really are no dynasties to celebrate. You will have your day again, and it will be soon.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:20 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingate20 View Post
Poor assessment. I can't speak for those not calling you out. But I do think someone should address it. ....multiple threads? ditto bud. In fact, you mentioned in one thread that you DON'T care.

Anyway, jp03,
Maybe you should think before you call someone an idiot, if you're capable.

pwned.
Your guilt is overwhelming you isnt it

Old 11-05-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Your guilt is overwhelming you isnt it
Yeah, that's it. Keep diminishing what's left of your integrity by trying to minimize our joy/success.

Last edited by wingate20; 11-05-2009 at 09:34 AM..

Old 11-05-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that's it.
Oh by the way, except Yankee fans I still haven't seen ONE person come on here to defend your sorry position. I also doubt I will.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Oh by the way, except Yankee fans I still haven't seen ONE person come on here to defend your sorry position. I also doubt I will.
I'll give you one. Find the rest yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
Congratulations to the New York Yankees for winning the 2009 World Series. They were a little better than my team, the Philadelphia Phillies, and are deserving World Series champs. (Be prepared to see that title move back 100 miles to the southwest in 2010 though. )

For all of the true Yankees fans out there (and I know there are legitimately many of you), enjoy your team's victory. As for the bandwagon Yankees fans, I'm sure your pathetic little lives will be better for a day or two. (NOTE: These comments are not directed towards anyone on here in particular, but for anyone who is a Yankees fan, legitimate or not, who happens to read this thread.)

Old 11-05-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
I'll give you one. Find the rest yourself.
I see nothing about payrolls here.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
I see nothing about payrolls here.
Exactly.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Exactly.
No..he didnt address the issue of buying teams.. The Yankees WERE the best team this year. He just stated that the best team won. He did not broach the topic of whether it was a bought championship.

GUILTY!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball