Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 03:29 PM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times

Advertisements

What do you think?

Kobe Bryant Says He Can Beat LeBron James One-On-One in His Sleep | Bleacher Report
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 07:39 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,399,636 times
He would....(take that anyway you like)

Old 10-05-2010, 08:05 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,647,371 times

You Tube

Kobe knows that he's the best, look at the swagger. I think he'll back up his claim.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:12 AM

308 posts, read 427,621 times
I'm with Kobe on this one.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:20 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,436,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

Really?? Does the NBA and its players need to appear more "WWF" than it already does?

Old 10-06-2010, 09:43 AM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Kobe has more skill than Lebron and a greater range of offensive weapons (i.e. pump fakes, spins, fade away, better post game). Lebron's just so big that he'd be able to power his way through Kobe to the basket, though. I'm not sure if Kobe really wants to find out who the better one-one-one player is.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:17 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,709,257 times
Sometimes in one on one it's not an issue of the more skilled. In a matchup of Kobe versus Lebron, Kobe has more offensive weapons but that's not to say he'll score everytime with them. Lebron on the other hand, while more limited offensively, would be incredibly hard to stop because of his physical advantages. Unless Kobe can keep him to the outside, he has no shot at stopping Lebron at the rim.

Conversely, Lebron can easily at this stage challenge Kobe at the rim, so mostly Kobe would be trying to score from the perimeter, and his success rate from there hinges on whether he's on or off that day. Lebron finishing at the rim is a more sure thing than Kobe bombing away from outside, despite Kobe's shooting ability. Assuming Lebron can keep Kobe in front of him, he has the athletic ability to make Kobe take difficult jumpshots.

So, saying all that, I think if they played a series of one on one games, they'd each win a handful. And I think it's ridiculous to think that Kobe would destroy Lebron one on one. And that has nothing to do with who's 'better', and everything to do with which player plays greater to his strengths in a one on one scenario.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:09 PM

308 posts, read 427,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Really?? Does the NBA and its players need to appear more "WWF" than it already does?
It's been WWE for like 10 years.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:11 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,542,767 times
Sorry, Kobe can't beat Lebron one on one in a '7 game series 1 on 1'. Kobe will be taking long jumpshots cause he won't be able to score down low with Lebron's size and defense. Lebron is also a decent perimeter defender. Also, Lebron just needs to go down low and there is no way Kobe will be able to defend him down there. I will take the higher % shots. On a given day, Kobe might be raining jumpers, but if they played multiple times, Lebron takes it. Keep in mind, that Kobe takes alot of open long range jumpers in a game with Gasol screening for him. If you notice, alot of his game winning shots were with Gasol or some teammate screening for him, thus the defender can't get to him or gets there late. In a 1 on 1, that ain't happening. What i still see is people thinking Lebron is not quick enough. If anyone actually saw Lebron play in person, they would change their tune. He is a locomotive with SIZE. Despite hearing from countless fans that he is overrated, he is definitely not overrated.

I have a feeling when the Heat play the Lakers, you can be sure Lebron is gonna wanna guard Kobe for certain stretches after what he said.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:52 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,709,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post

In a 1 on 1, that ain't happening. What i still see is people thinking Lebron is not quick enough. If anyone actually saw Lebron play in person, they would change their tune. He is a locomotive with SIZE. Despite hearing from countless fans that he is overrated, he is definitely not overrated.
Lebron would have a harder time keeping the Kobe of 4-5 years ago from getting to the rim. Kobe's ability to drive and finish has diminished due to wear and tear, he's still a good finisher but not what he once was, and Lebron is simply far superior athletically at this stage. As I said before and you reiterated, Kobe would have to do most of his damage from the perimeter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball