Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 10:11 PM

504 posts, read 457,013 times

Advertisements

But now your services are no longer needed here in OKC.

Am I being harsh-----------No

The guy was out of his league, overwhelmed by all critical moments and not able to understand the game. His rotation of "whatever works at the time" was down right horrible as he was leaving guys out there for extended playing minutes. Thats one of many reasons the thunder faultered in the remaining minutes the last 2 games. How many times do you have to see that Maynor cannot guard JJ Barrera before you make an adjustment. The whole time he couldnt figure out a way to get Durant the ball in more better spots.
I could go on and on.

Amatuer hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pick up your last check and clear out your office. YOu have done your best and thats nothing to be ashamed of, but the fact is OKC has a Championship caliber team and needs a more seasoned coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 10:23 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Waa.

How bout a nice warm cup of gratitude, OK fans?

You made it to the second round? Third round?

Ask SuperSonic fan how much sympathy they got for you.

Guess the $$$$ only buys championships for NHL teams.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:37 PM

504 posts, read 457,013 times
Default Sorry I have a little coaching experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Waa.

How bout a nice warm cup of gratitude, OK fans?

You made it to the second round? Third round?

Ask SuperSonic fan how much sympathy they got for you.

Guess the $$$$ only buys championships for NHL teams.

The Mavs were there to be had, The Thunder had the line up, youth, depth, size and shooters to take them. The closeness of the last 2 games which should have went the other way proves my point.

1 simple and I mean simple move would have been to apply full court pressure on Jason Kid at the point guard position in the backcourt.
-Kid is 38yrs old, letting him walk it up allowed him to rest and survey the court unmolested
-Slowing down his progress would have taken time off the shot clock and made the Mavs make quicker decisions.
-Getting the ball out of Kids had would have been optimal for turnoversno one else in the starting line up is a reliable ball handler.

Thats just one that would have changed the series. This was soooooooo Winnable.
-

Old 05-25-2011, 11:15 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
I did want to see them win it.

But get rid of the coach?

Old 05-26-2011, 06:10 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
i dont understand this type of stuff, everyone is so quick to want to fire a coach. the thunder are soooo young, just like the bulls, the experience of the mavs was just to much. the thunder where IMO never supposed to get this far so brooks should be commended on taking his team farther then they where expected or supposed to go.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:19 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,007 times
All these players have never been to this level. Scott Brooks has done a fabolous job in that he took a bunch of young players and turned them in a team that can play together and compete. They are still young with tons of upside.

As for this series, Dirk has been in Beast mode. No one has been able to stop him. He is toying with the whole team. Scott Brooks isn't the one playing defense.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:50 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Can't agree here... I think Brooks has done a great job. Some strategical errors, I'll give you that, but what coach hasn't from time to time? I think he deserves a bit more time before pulling the plug.

Personally, I think OKC could benefit by moving Westbrook to the 2 and getting themselves a pass-first point guard.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:57 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Unless there some HUGE fallout with the players (mainly Durant) I don't see him giong anywhere.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:11 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
I could be wrong, but I don't get the impression from Durant that he's the kind to instigate a coaching mutiny. I think there's some chemistry issues with Westbrook and his style of play and whether it's maximizing the team's potential, this will have to be explored during the off-season.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:33 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
in no way, shape or form should they even considering firing the coach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball