Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 10:42 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
its hard for kobe. most people know that for a nba superstar, any club he goes into in any city, he can just choose any girl he wishes, no questions asked.
True, these stars probably have dozens of groupies in each city.

If it's so hard for Kobe to respect his wife and honor his marriage vows, then he shouldn't be married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 11:27 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,053 times
Here is Kobe's rape conference where he gives his "you are the beat of my heart, the air that I breath" faux valentine to Vanessa. They come off as a couple of jerks. Kobe's tongue thrashes around like a big worm, and Vanessa is the pet parakeet, rubbing and pouting. The festivities begin at 3:35:

kobe claims innocence to sexual assault charges FULL VERSION - YouTube

Old 12-20-2011, 02:49 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
She should have said, "It's ok sweetie, I've been screwing Magic Johnson."

Old 12-21-2011, 10:20 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post

If it's so hard for Kobe to respect his wife and honor his marriage vows, then he shouldn't be married.
Yep.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:32 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post

Bingo. A secretary I used to work with used to be the "Chicago Girl" of a famous baseball player.

The gal Michael Jordan got caught messing with in Vegas had a looooong history with other athletes and celebrities and I think had kids from 2 of them.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:58 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think we are going to make claims like this we should link to someone citing CA divorce law and the 10 year mark. In any case she could hard to blame her when he's a serial philander and she has to be wondering if he is having unprotected sex with skanks ala Tiger Woods and no doubt she's met Mr. Magic "HIV+" Johnson at various Laker functions.
I'm thinking if there's any truth to that one, Vanessa didn't just 'suddenly' become aware of Kobe's continued infidelity and decide to act on it. Is it a coincidence that RIGHT on 10 years, the marriage is coming to a screeching halt? Hmmm....all speculation of course.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:05 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
I definitely think there is a lot of truth to it - there absolutely is a "10 year law" in CA that deals completely with spousal support

basically after 10 years a marriage is considered "lengthy" and the standards for spousal support provided become a lot more severe .... it's basically for how long she needs it and how long he can pay it

she will no doubt get the bulk of custody over their kids

she also has been living a pretty nice lifestyle

CA is no-fault so while the infidelity makes a nice story, the reason for divorce here is irreconcilable differences

However, hitting the 10 year mark, having 2 young children and living large for the bulk of their marriage will definitely give her a bucket full of leverage when it comes time for the settlement

There is absolutely no coincidence that she waiting out to the 10 year mark .... not like I'm going to cry tears for Kobe or anything .... it just is what it is

Old 12-21-2011, 11:23 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I'm thinking if there's any truth to that one, Vanessa didn't just 'suddenly' become aware of Kobe's continued infidelity and decide to act on it. Is it a coincidence that RIGHT on 10 years, the marriage is coming to a screeching halt? Hmmm....all speculation of course.
lol.. Read what Vanessa's ex-step dad has to say about the 10-year mark and what Vanessa's mom (who is on the Kobe take and living in a mansion) is getting from him... Vanessa Bryant's Ex-Step Dad

Old 12-21-2011, 11:35 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
lol.. Read what Vanessa's ex-step dad has to say about the 10-year mark and what Vanessa's mom (who is on the Kobe take and living in a mansion) is getting from him... Vanessa Bryant's Ex-Step Dad
lol! That dude sounds really bitter.

But as far as the 10 year mark, she will probably never marry again just to keep getting that cash. Seems really jacked up. I think the women who suffer in marriage definitely deserves something but this is starting to get out of hand. Did anybody see what Hulk Hogan ex got for their divorce? She basically got something like 70% of his assets. Ridiculous even if he cheated, she didn't earn most of that money. Getting 50% should be enough for money that you didn't even have to work for.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:48 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I definitely think there is a lot of truth to it - there absolutely is a "10 year law" in CA that deals completely with spousal support

basically after 10 years a marriage is considered "lengthy" and the standards for spousal support provided become a lot more severe .... it's basically for how long she needs it and how long he can pay it

she will no doubt get the bulk of custody over their kids

she also has been living a pretty nice lifestyle

CA is no-fault so while the infidelity makes a nice story, the reason for divorce here is irreconcilable differences

However, hitting the 10 year mark, having 2 young children and living large for the bulk of their marriage will definitely give her a bucket full of leverage when it comes time for the settlement

There is absolutely no coincidence that she waiting out to the 10 year mark .... not like I'm going to cry tears for Kobe or anything .... it just is what it is

Hmmm.... one has to wonder if Vanessa had this all laid out way back at the time of the Colorado incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball