Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 PM

612 posts, read 844,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Don't recall his play being affected by injury at the end of the 2009 year, but not really a point worth going back and forth over.....

Wade last season, but his standards, had an off year. He had a very on and off regular season and post-season. Player's primes are generally considered to be 28-32, thereabouts. Wade is going 31, so you could argue that he's in the middle except for the years of leg injuries and reckless play that have slowly taken away some of his explosiveness. He's at an age where injuries take a little longer to heal and minutes have to be more closely monitored. No-one at the beginning or middle of his prime would have to worry much about scaling back minutes.

Bear in mind that it's not just about age, it's about years in the league. Wade was 22 coming into the league, pretty mature when you consider that many of the league's current starts started younger. This is year 10, in this 31st year of age, and coming off leg injuries. He could very well bounce back and enjoy a great season, but that doesn't mean he's in his physical prime. Kobe has been out of his physical prime for 3-4 years now, but he has compensated for that by refining and altering his game to remain effective. Jordan did the same; it remains to be seen if Wade will at this stage.
Did You Notice Heat's Dwyane Wade Is Hurting? - Sun Sentinel

And lemme ask you, do you think Kobe was in his prime during the 2009-2010 season? This I believe was the last prime year of Bryant's, that whole knee thing after the championship has really been something he hasn't fully recovered from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 12:49 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
Did You Notice Heat's Dwyane Wade Is Hurting? - Sun Sentinel

And lemme ask you, do you think Kobe was in his prime during the 2009-2010 season? This I believe was the last prime year of Bryant's, that whole knee thing after the championship has really been something he hasn't fully recovered from.
I noticed a decline in Kobe athletically after 2009. 2010 was probably the final season of what I'd consider his prime years. Which is pretty damn impressive considering how many seasons he had played by 2010. Kobe's greatest attribute has definitely been his longevity.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:12 AM

8 posts, read 11,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
In today's NBA Howard is the best. Bynum has a more polished offensive game on the block. But he is slow footed. Plus, he has trouble when he sees constant double teams. Howard is better in the open floor. He is better on the PNR (offensively and defensively). He covers more ground defensively. He has a much better motor.

It irks me to hear retired players complain about today's players. They forget they broke tradition as well. Shaq had neither the finesse of Kareem nor the defensive instinct of Russell. But he was great in his own way. Why not leave Howard alone and let him do it his way.
This ^^

Old 11-01-2012, 09:00 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,083,948 times
I never understood why Shaq was so anti-Howard. I couldn't see it as a jealousy thing as Howard has not won a championship yet. If I were Shaq, I wouldn't even be worried until Howard won at least 3-4 rings.

You don't see Jordan doing this. Then again, with all his accomplishments, how could he feel threatened?

Old 11-01-2012, 10:07 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
I never understood why Shaq was so anti-Howard. I couldn't see it as a jealousy thing as Howard has not won a championship yet. If I were Shaq, I wouldn't even be worried until Howard won at least 3-4 rings.

You don't see Jordan doing this. Then again, with all his accomplishments, how could he feel threatened?
Agreed. One would hope that Shaq would also take the same approach.

Heck, I forget who it was on this years dream team but talk of them being as good as the original dream team was pretty much laughed off by Jordan and some of the others on that squad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball