Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 09:45 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild100s View Post
The problem with the whole teamwork angle is that it can only get you so far. In order for the Bulls to win on a given night, they have to play darn near perfect basketball on both ends of the floor because they don't have the talent of most teams.

And you can see it every night, regardless of how well they play defense or how hard they try. Losses to the Cavs, Bobcats, Hornets, Wizards and the Spurs B team are examples of that. I don't care about overall teamwork and defense when it comes to an offensively challenged team like the Bulls. A team constructed like that won't win a championship without several elite level players.
-I haven't made any argument to 'how far' teamwork gets you in this instance. Your earlier comment suggested the Bulls were devoid of any chemistry( at least that's how it appeared), and I disagree with that sentiment. How far it gets them is a separate argument to whether they have it or not.

-There's been quite a few occasions where they've won primarily on defensive effort, with an effort on the offensive side hardly 'damn near perfect'. Of course how much they can get away with it depends on the opponent, but their defensive effort is there every night and that's what keeps them competitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 06:49 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
wow i gotta say im glad i didnt watch the lakers last night, and that HACK-A-THON on howard. orlando just wanted to make that game ugly. it was kinda petty BS imo and im disappointed in vaughn for that one.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:47 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
wow i gotta say im glad i didnt watch the lakers last night, and that HACK-A-THON on howard. orlando just wanted to make that game ugly. it was kinda petty BS imo and im disappointed in vaughn for that one.
^^^This. I wonder if Stern has a quiet discussion with Orlando about this.

I can understand strategic fouling but nobody wants to pay good money to watch Dwight shoot free-throws all night long.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:14 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,275,645 times
Yeah I didn't understand all of that fouling. Dwight was shooting over 60% from the line overall and even better in the 4th.

Dwight had a great game and I'm glad Kobe recognized that and let Dwight have his moment.

Granted Orlando only has 18 wins, but that's how you're supposed to play against bottom rung teams.

It will be interesting to see how the Lakers play against a better Hawks team, at home, off a back to back. It doesn't look good for the Lakers, as I think they've lost all back to backs on the road, but we'll see; the Lakers aren't the same team after the break.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:07 AM

2 thoughts,
1) I would rather watch a game like SA at Miami with no big 3 but fun and competitive over the hack a thon.
2) Orlando told the world for 2 days before the game that's what they would do. Anyone who went/watched know that has no room to complain. Stern better say something.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:54 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
Yeah I didn't understand all of that fouling. Dwight was shooting over 60% from the line overall and even better in the 4th.

Dwight had a great game and I'm glad Kobe recognized that and let Dwight have his moment.

Granted Orlando only has 18 wins, but that's how you're supposed to play against bottom rung teams.

It will be interesting to see how the Lakers play against a better Hawks team, at home, off a back to back. It doesn't look good for the Lakers, as I think they've lost all back to backs on the road, but we'll see; the Lakers aren't the same team after the break.
It would appear that Dwight is getting the last laugh against all his naysayers as the season winds down.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:38 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Heat trying to win 20 in a row tonight and facing the sixers in philly

Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
The Heat looked like they were going to lose tonight when they were down 87-84 with 3 mins left to the sixers but they came back and won to extend the streak to 20 games.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:15 AM

so the heat won number 20 last night. 2 things, 1st espn acts like the spurs DIDNT win 20 in a row last year spanning into the playoffs. in the article about the heats streak, it says only 3 other teams have done it in a single season. ok so the spurs did it in the season and playoffs combined, but in the article they mention washington capitols did it over the span of 2 seasons. why no mention of the spurs winning 20? over looked it? dont care? media hates the spurs?

2nd, 12 of the wins where against below 500 teams, and not just 32-33 below 500 but charlotte, orlando, philly 3 times (wait i thought philly was taking the heat to 7 games in the ECF?) cleveland, sactown...... now i will give them credit, they did also beat some of the top teams in the league as well, NYK, okc, clippers, memphis.

the spurs won 10 straight in the playoffs, and won 3 more before the playoffs against playoff teams. several wins with duncan/parker/manu sitting but no love what so ever.

i guess it just irritates me with all the media bias.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
they did also beat some of the top teams in the league as well, NYK, okc, clippers, memphis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball