Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Team with best chance to beat the Miami Heat
Spurs 8 26.67%
Thunder 8 26.67%
Clippers 0 0%
Pacers 4 13.33%
Knicks 2 6.67%
Some other team 8 26.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 02:33 PM

78,546 posts, read 60,749,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
There's still teams out there who can beat the Heat.
I doubt it.

The west is transitioning with the Spurs being a little long in the tooth and teams like GSW and Memphis being very young and green teams for the finals.

OKC obviously is missing their 2nd best player.

The Heat probably would have repeated this year anyway but their path to repeat is just as easy as heck with all the key injuries to the teams that could present any real challenge.

The Spurs have a shot and Memphis has the size to give Miami the same paint problems that the Bulls do....but this is Miami's championship to lose.

Besides, the Heat have to win their titles NOW. Wade is getting older and more hurt every time I see him. Watching him badly miss a dunk in game 2 against the Bulls almost made me fall out of my chair....he's clearly hurting.

The heat have a shelf-life....how many can they win before their age becomes a factor? 2? 4? ???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 04:56 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,073,553 times
No team left is beating the Heat.

Spurs............struggling with a new playoff team

Knicks...........only 2 scorers

Memphis.........no go to player late in game

Old 05-14-2013, 09:09 PM

462 posts, read 428,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Noah only had 31 post-season games coming into this year and the Bulls didn't get much experience last year due to their 1st round loss (Noah only played in 3 games and was playing hurt in some of that which was what I was hinting at partially earlier)

Lebron had around 115 playoff games under his belt entering the finals last year.

The Bulls reaching the round where they could at least play against the world champs gives them experience that is more like the finals IMO and something they really really need.

Bellinelli coming into the playoffs had 173 MINUTES of playoff experience.
Nate Robinson...never started a playoff game, came in with 120minutes.....

That's 2 more guys with MINIMAL playoff experience and like I said, even Noah is gaining experience playing against the Heat in a fiesty, pressure situation like this.
Well, I guess the Knicks should be up 3-1 instead of down 1-3 to the Pacers.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild100s View Post
Well, I guess the Knicks should be up 3-1 instead of down 1-3 to the Pacers.
That's one heckuva strawman you have there. That's such a ill-thought turd I'm just going to keep walking lest I get some on my shoe.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:43 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,073,553 times
Heat looking like they will slip up and lose this game tonight.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:24 PM

209 posts, read 160,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The Bulls would beat the Heat with a full roster. Hell, they beat the Heat withOUT a full roster. Don't know where you get the notion the Bulls can't beat the Heat.

The Heat have lost more respect from fans than gained it this series.
I agree with your last statement. Before the series started, I would have said no way, but after watching this series, I think this was the best chance to beat the Heat with a full roster. It would have been a dog fight for sure. The Heat were up 18 and just couldn't put the Bulls away with a depleted roster until the clock ran out at the end of the game.

Did you see Lebron's podium interview, he said he was relieved this series is over and said it was the toughest close out series in his career, lol. One thing that came out of this is Jimmy Butler can defend and has game. Butler played 48 min defending Lebron almost the whole game and still scores 19 points and Lebron scores 23.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:20 AM

462 posts, read 428,489 times
Yeah, Miami lost a lot of respect. Please!

Old 05-16-2013, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Country! View Post
I agree with your last statement. Before the series started, I would have said no way, but after watching this series, I think this was the best chance to beat the Heat with a full roster. It would have been a dog fight for sure. The Heat were up 18 and just couldn't put the Bulls away with a depleted roster until the clock ran out at the end of the game.

Did you see Lebron's podium interview, he said he was relieved this series is over and said it was the toughest close out series in his career, lol. One thing that came out of this is Jimmy Butler can defend and has game. Butler played 48 min defending Lebron almost the whole game and still scores 19 points and Lebron scores 23.
Yeah, Butler really emerged this year.

Was nice to see the Bulls go down swinging and pushing Miami right up until the final buzzer.

Now we just have to wait and see how Rose does and wait for next year.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:03 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,120,437 times
I believe the Pacers can give Miami Problems. weren't they up 2-1 on the Heat last year before Miami eventually won it?

Old 05-16-2013, 05:01 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,977,385 times
I think it comes down to this.

On paper, the Heat are by far the best team left in the playoffs. But I think the team that has the best chance against the Heat is the team that is going to be the least afraid of them. Pacers are tough, but they're a young team and you have to think that they'll feel the pressure.

Grizzlies probably match up with them best on paper, but the bright light of the NBA finals is probably a bit too much for a team making their first appearance.

That leaves the Spurs. That's the only team left that I believe isn't going to be afraid of the Heat. Even though the Heat are the better team on paper right now. But think about it. This time ten years ago, Duncan, Parker, Ginobilli, and Pop eliminated the three time defending champion Lakers in Hollywood. In a blowout as well. No bright lights or "Heat mystique" is gonna faze these guys and I think they'll be the team that would provide the biggest challenge to Miami. Jmo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball