Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Team with best chance to beat the Miami Heat
Spurs 8 26.67%
Thunder 8 26.67%
Clippers 0 0%
Pacers 4 13.33%
Knicks 2 6.67%
Some other team 8 26.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 05:40 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,948,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Miami? Depth and balance? I don't think so. In fact beyond the Big Three there is hardly any talent or depth at all. The reason why the Heat won so many games this season was because of the abilities of James and Wade. Not because of any extraordinary amount of depth. And this glaring weakness will be the demise of the Heat in the Finals should they make it that far. San Antonio is clearly the best "team" in the playoffs remaining precisely because of the depth and balance they actually possess.

Another reason while the Heat will fall by the wayside this playoff is minutes. As in Wade and James will play too many. By the time Miami gets to the Finals, again should they make it that far, the two superstars will be burdened by exhaustion from playing an enormous number of minutes. San Antonio will then lower the boom if the series should go long. Because of all this I see Pop hoisting yet another Championship Trophy in June and shoving the thing right into Stern's heavily biased face.
I'm not sold on the Spurs just yet. They looked great against Los Angeles but then again, they were scraping the bottom of the barrel at the end just to field the proper number of players! It's not that I don't think San Antonio is good but are they good enough? You may have a point about Miami's flaws with depth and talent outside of the major guys. But they still tore ass through the league and won 66 games. Personally I don't think anybody is beating them this year. But hey, more power to the Spurs. At least if the Spurs DID win, I'd be able to say the Lakers lost to the eventual champions lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 06:14 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,970,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB8abovetherim View Post
I'm not sold on the Spurs just yet.
They are the logical choice for going to the finals unless someone wants to explain how the Clippers who have been struggling with the Grizzlies or the Thunder without Westbrook will get there over a complete team like the Spurs. Winning it is a whole different matter but I feel had they made it last year over the Thunder, they would have dented Miami far more.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:50 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,971,739 times
If the Spurs somehow defeated the Heat in the NBA finals this year in an awesome, clean, dramatic fashion, I'd never ask for anything in sports again. Between the Spurs and Texas Longhorns football I've had a chance to see my favorite teams win five championships and I'm not even 25 yet. I'm sure there's some poor 40 year old saps in Cleveland or Detroit that haven't had a chance to see their team win one yet.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,970,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
If the Spurs somehow defeated the Heat in the NBA finals this year in an awesome, clean, dramatic fashion, I'd never ask for anything in sports again. Between the Spurs and Texas Longhorns football I've had a chance to see my favorite teams win five championships and I'm not even 25 yet. I'm sure there's some poor 40 year old saps in Cleveland or Detroit that haven't had a chance to see their team win one yet.
The Pistons last won in 2004, so not out of the ordinary for them.

Cleveland is a different story altogether.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:46 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Or Seattle...could I get a championship please? Just one...I'm not even picky....
I'd take hockey, or soccer..anything. I'm desperate here....

Funny, I don't even have an NBA team. Come on, now..

Go Seahawks, my best chance, I guess.

A superbowl would be heaven, man...dare I dream?

Old 05-02-2013, 07:35 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,971,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Lyoko View Post

Well crap. How did I forget the 04 Pistons? That's one of my favorite teams to watch. Awesome defense.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:43 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,735,420 times
Where's the "multiple engine failure" option?

Old 05-04-2013, 09:00 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:

I think Lebron remembers getting swept by the spurs in the 2007 NBA Finals which means he will be extra motivated

Old 05-05-2013, 10:38 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
Quote:

Cle may have wine one if Lebron didn't chicken out....

Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
The question/poll might should be;

What team will beat the Heat to the couch?
  • New York Knicks
  • San Antonio Spurs
  • Other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball