Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 11:14 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
The Spurs were dominated the Spurs all game long and OKC has come back without Ibaka to take the Lead

I don't know if the spurs can recover mentally if they lose this game because they were so in control
Better question now is how the Thunder will recover to have a prayer of winning this series. They were sorely missing Ibaka's defense in this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 01:07 AM

561 posts, read 1,180,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
down 0-2 is not the end of the series. Heat would then need to protect home court. Then all of a sudden its 2-2 with 2 games in Indy and 1 game in Miami. Heat have won big games on the road in the playoffs every year. Each ECF and Finals they have won games on the road. But honestly lets see what happens Tomorrow night first. One of the teams had to be down 0-1 after the game Sunday. Just game 1. Long series to go.
You do know the Pacers have home-court don't you? If the Heat go down 0-2 it'll be really tough because if there's a game 7 it will be in Indy. Admittedly, some of that is wishful thinking on my part: I hate that spoiled crybaby Lebron so much that I want the Heat to lose more than I want any other team to win (except maybe the Spurs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Better question now is how the Thunder will recover to have a prayer of winning this series. They were sorely missing Ibaka's defense in this one.
When the playoffs started I picked the Thunder to win it all, but without Ibaka I think the Spurs will take it in 6. Without him the Thunder not only have no one to protect the basket, but they also have no one to guard Duncan one-on-one. Collison is a decent player, but he can't do anything to limit Duncan.

With Duncan dominating the low-post and Parker penetrating in the lane at will it will be almost miraculous if the Thunder manage to win the series.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:29 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
The Spurs were dominated the Spurs all game long and OKC has come back without Ibaka to take the Lead

I don't know if the spurs can recover mentally if they lose this game because they were so in control
The lead was brief, as you saw. OKC almost always does that...stumbles through the first half and then, when other teams are winded, methodically come from behind, take a lead, and then hold onto it. When you have two young guns running the offense, that shouldn't be a surprise. The Spurs needed to remain poised, keep mistakes to a minimum, and regain control. And they did.

They need to basically iso the rest of the team and let KD and Knucklehead try and beat them by themselves. While they are good, basketball is still a team sport.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:02 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathizer View Post
You do know the Pacers have home-court don't you? If the Heat go down 0-2 it'll be really tough because if there's a game 7 it will be in Indy. Admittedly, some of that is wishful thinking on my part: I hate that spoiled crybaby Lebron so much that I want the Heat to lose more than I want any other team to win (except maybe the Spurs)
IF they went down 0-2 it is not the end of the series. It is that simple. Heat go down 0-2 then they need to win both games at home. It is 2-2 with 2 games in Indy 1 game in Miami. Like I said Miami has won big games on the road before. Not saying it is guaranteed, and I would like to see the Heat win tonight but down 0-2 does not mean its over for the Heat. Would it be more likely? Of course. But it was also more likely when the Heat were down 2-3 going into Boston in the 2012 ECF and won game 6 and 7, it was more likely when the Heat were down 2-3 to the Spurs and won game 6 and 7 at home. I understand the Pacers will have home court in game 7. That puts the odds in their favor but at the some time the Heat have proved they can win on the road when it is win or go home.

Should be a fun game tonight.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:38 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Should be a fun game tonight.
^^^I'm just glad that Indy had a hot game to start the series, makes it interesting. That's all I care about, I don't really care whom wins other than a slight nod to Indy because they haven't been to the finals.

I just want a good freakin' series....all these injuries the past few years to teams like OKC, Bulls etc. have cheated us of seeing some good match-ups.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:22 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Until Lebron got that steal in the 4th qtr, I was confident the Pacers were going up 2-0. But Wade closed the game out with some big buckets down the stretch

BTW: Why did it take so long for Eric Spolestra to make an adjustment on Lance Stevenson????

Old 05-20-2014, 09:51 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
I'd say the Pacers are still in a decent position considering they were in it until the end even with West going 5-16 and George going 4-16. If either of these guys shot decent the Pacers probably win this game.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:08 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
This is going to be a long series. I can see Indiana winning a game in Miami to take back home court advantage, but they are just so inconsistent.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:21 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
This is going to be a long series. I can see Indiana winning a game in Miami to take back home court advantage, but they are just so inconsistent.
When you let your opponent shoot >50% every game....you are going to lose the series.

Indy is going to have to start playing better defense if they want to get to the next level.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:23 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
When you let your opponent shoot >50% every game....you are going to lose the series.

Indy is going to have to start playing better defense if they want to get to the next level.
and the crazy thing is indy was the best defensive team in the league all season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball