Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 11:24 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,059,609 times

Advertisements

My money is on the Thunder now to win the series. They have all the momentum and new life and should win the series now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 12:11 AM

14,690 posts, read 14,672,707 times
I expect the Spurs to answer back next game. If anything they've proven time and again they don't fade away how everyone has expected, for years now. OKC gets an obvious boost from their home crowd, but they have to prove themselves road warriors too.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:37 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,586,442 times
Maybe I was wrong about the Thunder. We'll see soon enough. The Spurs have an organized attack. Their success is more about the system than the players. The downside is a system can be disrupted in the playoffs. And when that happens a team needs highly talented individual players who can create something out of nothing. Outside of Parker, the Spurs really don't have that. Their guys are more dependent on screens and passes to get open looks.

OTOH, the Thunder don't have much of a system. Sometimes it doesn't even seem like they run plays. But they have two extremely talented players who, when clicking, are nearly unstoppable. When things break down Westbrook and Durant are better at creating points than anyone on the Spurs roster.

The key for the Spurs is they have to use their precision to blow OKC out. The same will hold true if they make the Finals and play Miami. Because close playoff games don't favor a system. Close games always favor individual talent.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:35 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,104,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
My money is on the Thunder now to win the series. They have all the momentum and new life and should win the series now
damn you flip flop more than john kerry

Old 05-28-2014, 01:03 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,018,899 times
Big game tonight for the Heat. Hope they can close it out and get as much rest as they can, especially because Allen and Birdman are a little banged up and Wade can always use rest. A good aggressive start like in Game 4 would really help tonight. Try to take the crowd out of the game early.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:45 PM

8,985 posts, read 17,311,057 times
Pacers have to at least show some fight tonight. If they fall out by halftime, heads should roll.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:48 PM

8,985 posts, read 17,311,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
That being said I really think the Pacers were too focused on the Heat and not their own team. The Granger for Turner trade and then picking Bynum were clearly IMO moves to solidify them against the Heat. When that team was rolling with the team they had. Both moves backfired like no others this year. Turner has played a few garbage time mins in this series and Bynum is on his couch watching bowling somewhere. They were trying to be too smart. I remember when Indy picked up Turner Barkley called it a championship trade. I don't see how losing your veteran leader and a guy who can make jumps shots was a good move.
The Pacers had started to struggle before the Granger trade. Who knows what would have happened had the trade not happened......but it is a gross over simplification to think trading Granger started or contributed to the slide.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:52 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
damn you flip flop more than john kerry
Ibaka being in Game 5 is why I give OKC the slight edge

Old 05-28-2014, 01:54 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Big game tonight for the Heat. Hope they can close it out and get as much rest as they can, especially because Allen and Birdman are a little banged up and Wade can always use rest. A good aggressive start like in Game 4 would really help tonight. Try to take the crowd out of the game early.
If birdman and ray allen is out then I like the pacers

Old 05-28-2014, 04:28 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,501,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Maybe I was wrong about the Thunder. We'll see soon enough. The Spurs have an organized attack. Their success is more about the system than the players. The downside is a system can be disrupted in the playoffs. And when that happens a team needs highly talented individual players who can create something out of nothing. Outside of Parker, the Spurs really don't have that. Their guys are more dependent on screens and passes to get open looks.

OTOH, the Thunder don't have much of a system. Sometimes it doesn't even seem like they run plays. But they have two extremely talented players who, when clicking, are nearly unstoppable. When things break down Westbrook and Durant are better at creating points than anyone on the Spurs roster.

The key for the Spurs is they have to use their precision to blow OKC out. The same will hold true if they make the Finals and play Miami. Because close playoff games don't favor a system. Close games always favor individual talent.
I would say Duncan and Ginoboli, especially in their primes are excellent playmakers. I know the individuals get swallowed up by the "Legion" system but you do have some great individuals on the team. Though probably only Duncan is considered the superstar (and for good reason)....I'm frankly awed that Pop can trot out a trio of thirty year olds (including two over 35) vs. a gang of 20 year olds. The Thunder probably amazed they still have to get past greybeards in order to advance :P

I am a Spurs fan, but I also know that OKC is the one team that can prove to be a kryptonite. That means us fans (regardless of who you're rooting for) get to experience some great entertainment. Just like last year, who's gonna win? who knows!

One poster mentioned that the spurs don't have a heart. That is so far from the truth. Regardless if they win or lose, Tim Duncan & Friends have brought four championships to a city that was considered a blip on the sports radar. People forget that San Antonio didn't have much when it came to sports. There are so many cities who have great players and still don't get one championship, let alone four. We have to be grateful. A good team became a powerhouse. If there are any "limitations" it's due to age and key personnel not being easily replace (aka Bowen, who would've had Durant for breakfast...I miss him).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball