Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 05:59 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Cleveland's talent is not earth shattering. But we forget that Miami was LeBron, Bosh, and a bunch role players for much of the year. Wade was inconsistent. The East is weak. LeBron's additon alone makes Cleveland a top four team in the East. Indiana lost their mojo. New York doesn't have enough talent. Toronto is good, but not great. The Wizards will miss Ariza. Brooklyn lost key players. And obviously Miami is not the same.

With the exception of Chicago what other team is out there? Cleveland can make the ECF without Kevin Love. And if they get Kevin Love they are pretty much punching their ticket for the 2015 NBA Finals. That is barring injury of course.
I think your underestimating how much experience means in the playoffs, including a coach. Also the Cavs bench is not that great, we can't expect Wiggins to be a solid player right away IMO. Also you mention Wade, you are right he missed a lot of games but minus the Finals and the games he missed Wade was a guy shooting 55% and 19pts a game. When Wade was on the court he was very good, besides for the Finals. Wade was not inconsistent, he just did not play that much.

It is going to take the Cavs some time to get going. If they start 10-10 don't be surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 06:21 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,060,777 times
Wade was better than very good. He was without question the best SG in the league until he got cold in the finals and Ginobili got hot. And lets not forget LeBron is the one that didn't show up against Dallas in their first year together while DWade did his best to will them to victory and failed. Except when LBJ tried to do the same he then jumped ship after. Full circle I guess.

Still a lot of Free Agency and then Trading to do though. See where the role players drop.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:11 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Cleveland's talent is not earth shattering. But we forget that Miami was LeBron, Bosh, and a bunch role players for much of the year. Wade was inconsistent. The East is weak. LeBron's additon alone makes Cleveland a top four team in the East. Indiana lost their mojo. New York doesn't have enough talent. Toronto is good, but not great. The Wizards will miss Ariza. Brooklyn lost key players. And obviously Miami is not the same.

With the exception of Chicago what other team is out there? Cleveland can make the ECF without Kevin Love. And if they get Kevin Love they are pretty much punching their ticket for the 2015 NBA Finals. That is barring injury of course.
I'm not sold that Cleveland as they currently stand will make the ECF over Indy or the wizards....let alone the bulls.

That's not a knock on Cleveland, they'd be developing some incredible young talent enroute....just that even Kobe wasn't ready at 19....neither was Lebron....and Wiggins is still unproven.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:18 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Wade was better than very good. He was without question the best SG in the league until he got cold in the finals and Ginobili got hot. And lets not forget LeBron is the one that didn't show up against Dallas in their first year together while DWade did his best to will them to victory and failed. Except when LBJ tried to do the same he then jumped ship after. Full circle I guess.

Still a lot of Free Agency and then Trading to do though. See where the role players drop.
Just like Ginobli looked like crap in 2013 and great in 2014, Wade is still young enough to be resurgent yet again.

Guys like wade don't go cold....but they do get banged up and hurt...just like Ginobli.

P.S. Not to pick nits but Harden was the best SG in the league last year.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:36 AM

3,397 posts, read 2,805,928 times
Wade has knee issues- resurgence does that include knee replacements? When you mention "resurgence" are we talking Superstar level. I think that's what the Heat will need to win the East. So I'm doubtful there.

I actually like the Cavs bench as is right now. They need a big and a shooter, but you will likely have two of the following four guys coming off your bench Wiggins/Waiters/Thompson/Bennett. Talentwise great core. Delladova is nice a PG- played very well last year. Lebron isn't coming into a situation like he did 4/5 years ago where he had to log 40+ minutes a night.

I worry about the Varejeo holding up, which is why a quality big is also needed, but I think the Cavs are a solid 2 or 3 in the East right now. Every team in the East has significant questions- so to dismiss any of the top 4/5 is wrong at this point. Bulls/Cavs matchup good for Cavs I think- although I could see the Bulls being the top seed.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Just like Ginobli looked like crap in 2013 and great in 2014, Wade is still young enough to be resurgent yet again.

Guys like wade don't go cold....but they do get banged up and hurt...just like Ginobli.

Harden wasn't the best SG in the league. It was either Wade or Dragic.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:19 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

They don't have the same injury. Wade's injury is a long lasting injury. Rest is not going to make it go away. You will not see him play at the same level as he did before, at least not for extended periods.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:54 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Harden wasn't the best SG in the league. It was either Wade or Dragic.
dragic isnt a shooting guard, and wade has been the 3-4 best the last couple of years. harden was easily the best SG the last season and arguably the season before last.

at this point monte, derozen, stephenson, klay thompson, are either about to or have already passed wade.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:20 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
wade getting 4 year 60 mil from heat.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
dragic isnt a shooting guard, and wade has been the 3-4 best the last couple of years. harden was easily the best SG the last season and arguably the season before last.

at this point monte, derozen, stephenson, klay thompson, are either about to or have already passed wade.
Dragic plays both PG and SG but has generally been playing the SG position with Bledsoe as PG.

As for the rest of your comment --- well I'll leave it to you to try and defend that one cause none of the stats I see suggest it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball