Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 02:54 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Bulls looking good right now IMO. I thought that they just needed to get increased production on offense from Butler (check) and production from either Mirotic, McDermott, or Snell (check-Mirotic has already shown that he can produce offense at the NBA level).

The early season injuries are now behind us, with the exception of Gibson. And with the emergence of Mirotic, the Bulls have the luxury of giving Gibson all the time he needs to heal.

I'm not going to say that this is a title team. I always avoid making predictions--wutitiz's law='a prediction does not constitute an argument.' But this is a very well constructed team.
I like the fact that the Bulls have found their line-up, their gel etc. and unless major injuries strike they are clearly where they need to be.

Lots of games left to play so predictions at this point are meaningless, I just like how it's all coming together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 03:55 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Good thing you don't work for Bulls marketing.

Seriously though, in the last 40 years or so Creighton has 6 wins at the NCAA tourney and he lead them to 3 of them. Toss in wininng every possible individual award and I really have got to hear what your beef with the kid is. This ought to be a whopper.
The three NCAA tourney games the Creighton Blue Jays lost during the Dougie McBuckets era were by an average of twenty points a game.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
The three NCAA tourney games the Creighton Blue Jays lost during the Dougie McBuckets era were by an average of twenty points a game.
Going to need a little more there in terms of analysis.

I guess you feel he should be able to carry Creighton to a national championship? Final Four?

I'm actually not a college basketball fan, I really don't give a poop so I started digging after you claims so I'm trying to follow your argument but keep in mind that so far your case is "weak and flabby" / hans & frans.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:24 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Going to need a little more there in terms of analysis.

I guess you feel he should be able to carry Creighton to a national championship? Final Four?

I'm actually not a college basketball fan, I really don't give a poop so I started digging after you claims so I'm trying to follow your argument but keep in mind that so far your case is "weak and flabby" / hans & frans.
The dude is only one month younger than Dion Waiters and he's been horribly unproductive. His game is weak and flabby.

Considering how watered down the NCAA game currently is, a four year player of any ilk who was a 22 year old senior from last January on should be good enough to avoid watching his team suffer a 30 point blow out in a round of 32 game to an underachieving Baylor squad.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
The dude is only one month younger than Dion Waiters and he's been horribly unproductive. His game is weak and flabby.

Considering how watered down the NCAA game currently is, a four year player of any ilk who was a 22 year old senior from last January on should be good enough to avoid watching his team suffer a 30 point blow out in a round of 32 game to an underachieving Baylor squad.
1) He's not getting the playing time Waiters gets due to depth and is shooting 5% better from the field.
2) Waiters has had 2 full years to acclimate to the NBA.
3) Waiters was a #4 pick vs. McD #11 pick.

Tim Duncan as a 4 year senior was upset in the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney. I'd caution using a single game as proof that someone is bad.

You really aren't making a good case. Did he personally offend you or cost you money or something?

Old 12-02-2014, 01:06 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
Was extraordinarily impressed with Mirotic when I was in Boston seeing the Bulls. I think he'll be light years a more useful player than either McDerm. or Snell in his career mostly because he provides a uniqueness to the game that will get him on the floor: he's a big body that can do things smaller players are usually better acclimated toward. The guy hit a three, went 4-for-6, 13 points, 8 rebounds, and blocked 5 shots and just appeared to be a presence out there. He looked like one of the most versatile 6'10'' players I've ever seen.

Derek Rose was noticeably absent in much of the 4th quarter. I'm not sure if it was partially related to a moment toward the end of the 3rd quarter when he was complaining and shaking his hand - he may have stubbed a finger. But the feeling as Jimmy Butler started to go off and not seeing Rose on the floor for a significant length of time sort of confirmed to me a feeling I think most Bulls fans might be having right now - Derek isn't the best player on the team anymore.

That's not so much a knock of Rose (or Noah), but this Butler kid is utterly fantastic.

Old 12-02-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Was extraordinarily impressed with Mirotic when I was in Boston seeing the Bulls. I think he'll be light years a more useful player than either McDerm. or Snell in his career mostly because he provides a uniqueness to the game that will get him on the floor: he's a big body that can do things smaller players are usually better acclimated toward. The guy hit a three, went 4-for-6, 13 points, 8 rebounds, and blocked 5 shots and just appeared to be a presence out there. He looked like one of the most versatile 6'10'' players I've ever seen.

Derek Rose was noticeably absent in much of the 4th quarter. I'm not sure if it was partially related to a moment toward the end of the 3rd quarter when he was complaining and shaking his hand - he may have stubbed a finger. But the feeling as Jimmy Butler started to go off and not seeing Rose on the floor for a significant length of time sort of confirmed to me a feeling I think most Bulls fans might be having right now - Derek isn't the best player on the team anymore.

That's not so much a knock of Rose (or Noah), but this Butler kid is utterly fantastic.
I agree with everything you just wrote.

Mirotic is already a fairly proven commodity in the euro pros, I've just been waiting to see what his ceiling is.

McDermott? No idea. He could be a bust but he's got skills.....but can he transition to the NBA game? Jury is out for a while.

Reminds me of an interview with Steve Kerr whom talked about how he had to change his whole shot arc and speed of release or he'd have never lasted.

Butler is *amazing* especially when you consider he's one of the best defensive 2's in the league.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:29 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post

Thank you. I was wait-and-see when it came to Nikola Mirotic. After all Euros have a mixed record in the NBA. His youtube videos were impressive, but then so were those of Darko Militic and other Euro players. And though Nikola is known for his perimeter shooting, his stroke looked a bit unorthodox to me. But after only 20 NBA games, he has already proved that he is a stud in this league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGjD88qpEBk

I remember when Dirk Nowitzki came to the NBA. It was clear that he was a talent, but his first year he did not put up good numbers. He played less than a thousand minutes that first year, shot .405, and averaged 3 rebounds and 8 assists. The last time I saw a rookie come into the NBA and hit the ground running like this was--dare I say it--Larry Bird and Magic Johnson in 1979.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:27 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
^^^ I love the smile he gets on his face when he's playing, like he is really happy.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:30 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,768 times
Does it look like he's somewhat of a Toni Kukoc type with more rebounding/defense and maybe less offensive ability?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball