Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 02:25 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Rose at #28 feel like Kobe and Rose should be swapped.
Kobe definitely doesn't deserve to be any higher than #40.

I don't have much of a problem with Rose's ranking. If he's healthy, he's certainly underrated at 28. If Kobe is healthy, he isn't underrated.

Demar Derozan, on the other hand, deserves to be a lot higher than #52.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 03:20 PM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Choked like last year? They have the same excuse as the Bulls injuries kinda of derailed their season. Not that we were anything but a quick exit from the playoffs. Bulls make the second round?

You were pretty confident that both Rose and Noah are ahead of KI. I think Rose no way, Noah maybe, but as I mentioned wouldn't be surprised really either way.

*Edit...as I was writing this Rose just appeared at #28.
No, now that I see KI was #8 last year he will probably be just as high this season....which is ridiculous. And if you feel #8 is a fair ranking for him then he choked last year and failed miserably.

Sorry bud, Bulls had injuries and won 48 games, not 33 (or around there).

There is Zero excuse for 33 wins with a top 10 player (allegedly) on your squad in the miserable east.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post

I don't have much of a problem with Rose's ranking. If he's healthy, he's certainly underrated at 28. If Kobe is healthy, he isn't underrated.

I agree with all of that. The differential is that Kobe is 36.

If anything it's a testament to Kobe's skill that at 36 coming off all those injuries he's rated fairly high.
I don't see it as an insult but rather as a badge of respect but tbh Kobe has that same hyper competiveness Jordan had and BOTH of them have that mindset that they can do anything which hasn't always been true (golf course, hitting curveballs etc.) but it's part of what made them great.

Derozan isn't 52. That's last year.

He may be too lowly ranked even at his new ranking.

Frankly, compare his 52 to Kyries 8 last year and it's like wth? One could make a solid argument he had at least as good of a season. (and that's being charitable)

Then you have Curry, CP3, Tony Parker and a host of other guys....wow....sorry, I like KI but #8....I'm speechless.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:23 PM

3,397 posts, read 2,805,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I agree with all of that. The differential is that Kobe is 36.

If anything it's a testament to Kobe's skill that at 36 coming off all those injuries he's rated fairly high.
I don't see it as an insult but rather as a badge of respect but tbh Kobe has that same hyper competiveness Jordan had and BOTH of them have that mindset that they can do anything which hasn't always been true (golf course, hitting curveballs etc.) but it's part of what made them great.

Derozan isn't 52. That's last year.

He may be too lowly ranked even at his new ranking.

Frankly, compare his 52 to Kyries 8 last year and it's like wth? One could make a solid argument he had at least as good of a season. (and that's being charitable)

Then you have Curry, CP3, Tony Parker and a host of other guys....wow....sorry, I like KI but #8....I'm speechless.

FIBA MVP (Youngest guy on the team)
Two-time All Star
All-Star game MVP.
45% shooter
20 a game (first three years in the league)

#8 is too high- if he's between 14-22 that's about right. You don't need to act like this is the biggest mistake on the list. He led a team this Summer (Started ahead of your guy and played alngisde guys all over the 10-40 range on this list) and I assume some of those guys (Curry, Harden) will be rated ahead of him. Calm down there.

Last edited by eastcoastbias; 10-20-2014 at 04:39 PM..

Old 10-20-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
No, now that I see KI was #8 last year he will probably be just as high this season....which is ridiculous. And if you feel #8 is a fair ranking for him then he choked last year and failed miserably.

Sorry bud, Bulls had injuries and won 48 games, not 33 (or around there).

There is Zero excuse for 33 wins with a top 10 player (allegedly) on your squad in the miserable east.
They won 33 and he missed a dozen games.

Ask Cavs fans Kyrie isn't #8 and Dion isn't #101.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:

Are you expecting Kobe to lead his squad to the playoffs and maybe win a series?

He won't, but he's still a scorer and one of the better scorers in the league. He belongs IMO somewhere in the 20s- especially if you have a guy like DRose can't remember the last time he actually played a season at 28.

I will openly admit- I don't like the Lakers.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:46 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times
Quote:
Are you expecting Kobe to lead his squad to the playoffs and maybe win a series?

He won't, but he's still a scorer and one of the better scorers in the league. He belongs IMO somewhere in the 20s- especially if you have a guy like DRose can't remember the last time he actually played a season at 28.
No, I expect that with or without Kobe, the Lakers will finish somewhere between 10th and 12th in the West.

One player that's pretty undervalued is Bradley Beal at #48. With pretty similar stats, Dion Waiters is #101.

Why are we talking about Kobe being underrated at #40, anyway? That's pretty high for a guy that I can't remember getting out there on the floor much of late, either. I don't get how this was newsworthy except to rile up Kobe and myopic Laker fans themselves. All indications from Laker fans is that this season expects to be pretty bleak, which is unusual realism coming from that fan-base.

All indications are from viewing Rose that he's at least the healthiest he's been in a few seasons, so I don't see why we're that concerned with his ranking. If he's healthy, isn't he quite a bit underrated? I can't say the same thing for Kobe because he's surrounded by a bunch of guys at similar talent levels, and in the case of Beal at #48, I'd have him ranked ahead of Bryant myself.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:

I will openly admit- I don't like the Lakers.
Just can't stop taking shots at Rose now can you? And the only reason you do is because he plays for a rival.

We know you like scoring and don't value defense.

If you didn't learn watching last years finals you never will.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
No, I expect that with or without Kobe, the Lakers will finish somewhere between 10th and 12th in the West.

One player that's pretty undervalued is Bradley Beal at #48. With pretty similar stats, Dion Waiters is #101.

Why are we talking about Kobe being underrated at #40, anyway? That's pretty high for a guy that I can't remember getting out there on the floor much of late, either. I don't get how this was newsworthy except to rile up Kobe and myopic Laker fans themselves. All indications from Laker fans is that this season expects to be pretty bleak, which is unusual realism coming from that fan-base.

All indications are from viewing Rose that he's at least the healthiest he's been in a few seasons, so I don't see why we're that concerned with his ranking. If he's healthy, isn't he quite a bit underrated? I can't say the same thing for Kobe because he's surrounded by a bunch of guys at similar talent levels, and in the case of Beal at #48, I'd have him ranked ahead of Bryant myself.
I predict Lakers to end up <30 wins and in the bottom 4 in the league and the bottom 2-3 in the west.

I'd remind people of their championships and the rebuild to stave off people tearing my head off and calling me a Laker hater but frankly, most of the myopic fan boys don't post here anymore so I don't have to apply any prep-H to all that butt-hurt.

I still remember getting yelled at when they were predicting that Ramon Sessions was the missing piece to their next championship. Oh well....at least I have someone else to entertain me now.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I predict Lakers to end up <30 wins and in the bottom 4 in the league and the bottom 2-3 in the west.

I'd remind people of their championships and the rebuild to stave off people tearing my head off and calling me a Laker hater but frankly, most of the myopic fan boys don't post here anymore so I don't have to apply any prep-H to all that butt-hurt.

I still remember getting yelled at when they were predicting that Ramon Sessions was the missing piece to their next championship. Oh well....at least I have someone else to entertain me now.
I'm going to be entertained all right.

Waiting for the injury excuses.

Kyrie at 23- my opinion he belongs somewhere between 8 and 23. But I said Lebron 1, Love 11, Kyire 22 last week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball