Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 01:38 PM

408 posts, read 723,958 times

Advertisements

I'm certain one of these two are going to end up in LA, my question is if you had to choose who would you go after?

Kevin Love seems to be the easy choice. But we know what Melo is capable of which makes it a difficult decision (for me anyway)... who you going with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 02:50 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,005,246 times
I would love to see Carmelo Anthony in Chicago. Carmelo Anthony and a healthy Derrick Rose with an already great defensive team will certainly make the Bulls a championship contender. I think neither player will end up in LA. The Lakers need to follow the 76ers approach and rebuild through the draft and become good within the next couple of years. Yes it sucks as Lakers fans aren't as patient as 76ers fans but it would be much better for the long term if the Lakers start rebuilding now as they already have a high pick(#7) in the upcoming draft.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:17 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,236,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I would love to see Carmelo Anthony in Chicago. Carmelo Anthony and a healthy Derrick Rose with an already great defensive team will certainly make the Bulls a championship contender. I think neither player will end up in LA. The Lakers need to follow the 76ers approach and rebuild through the draft and become good within the next couple of years. Yes it sucks as Lakers fans aren't as patient as 76ers fans but it would be much better for the long term if the Lakers start rebuilding now as they already have a high pick(#7) in the upcoming draft.
No one really cares about the Lakers anymore. Love should come to the Knicks.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:32 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,656,423 times
Anthony has the opportunity to sign a max contract but wants to play for a winner. Love is only leaving Minnesota because he wants to go to the playoffs for the first time in his career. None of those things will exist for the Lakers for a long time, or the Knicks.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:59 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,095,197 times
In the words of Hillary Clinton, "what difference does it make!"

They are the same player really. Both put up great numbers, serious offensive skill, but both are allergic to defense.

If absolutely HAD to choose, it would be love for his age, and his height.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:18 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZappa301 View Post
I'm certain one of these two are going to end up in LA, my question is if you had to choose who would you go after?

Kevin Love seems to be the easy choice. But we know what Melo is capable of which makes it a difficult decision (for me anyway)... who you going with?
I don't really see any top free agents wanting to play for LA at this stage of their rebuild.

This is a much much kinder assessment than what you will read around the internet from various sports reports that have had conversations with various agents.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
No one really cares about the Lakers anymore. Love should come to the Knicks.
HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - New York Knicks

Only if Melo leaves.....there is no money for Love.

Also, about 40% of the Knicks money goes to Amare and Bargnani.

Love said he wanted to join a winner, not the worst run franchise in the NBA.

P.S. Before you mention PJ....he still has to fix the past damage which will take years....and that assumes the Dolans don't C-block him and muck things up.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
In the words of Hillary Clinton, "what difference does it make!"

They are the same player really. Both put up great numbers, serious offensive skill, but both are allergic to defense.

If absolutely HAD to choose, it would be love for his age, and his height.
I'd take Love on the Bulls. It's not too late to teach him defense and that's one of the better teams in the NBA to do just that.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:50 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,147,648 times
Carmelo will go to the Bulls.
Love will eventually (after July 1st) go to my Warriors.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:27 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,972,199 times
Eww.

Neither.

Give me LeBron from this summers' top picks anyday. The drive to win games, man, LeBron is one lethal guy on the court in the post-season. If I had to pick one of these two, them Carmelo. I know what Carmelo plays like when it's May, last three seasons he's played for his life (sadly by himself on his team). So at least I know what to expect out of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball