Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 09:59 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times

Advertisements

Threeeeee's.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 10:04 PM

45,574 posts, read 27,172,269 times
This is why the Rockets would have been better off playing the Spurs. Can't even beat them without Paul.

For the Rockets, it's all about the turnovers and free throws.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:05 PM

304 posts, read 324,866 times
I am hoping for a Houston vs. Golden State conference finals just so we can settle this whole MVP debate on the court. As for the NBA finals I think it will be Golden State vs. Chicago.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:08 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Me too.

FBJ - You still think the Cavs are favorites without Love? Seriously? James and Irving are now the only scorers the Cavs have. As good as those two are, without at least one more scorer I don't see how the Cavs have a plausible chance. The Cavs didn't have much of a bench before Love went down. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's a long-shot for sure.

Meanwhile, the Bulls now have a seemingly fairly healthy Rose and Gasol, who are both all-star caliber, along with a fairly deep, solid cast of effective role players. I'm not saying they'll win it all -the West is clearly better- but they have more than enough to beat the Cavs.
No way am I counting out Lebron after losing Game 1 of a playoff series.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:13 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
No way am I counting out Lebron after losing Game 1 of a playoff series.
Really? Lebron and Irving, pretty much all by themselves, will win the series? What about all the other playoff series Lebron lost with medicore teammates? He's pretty much in the same situation... again!

Old 05-04-2015, 10:20 PM

906 posts, read 712,245 times
Well, I picked the Bulls even if Love was healthy. Clips on their way to a relatively comfortable win and the best player in the series hasnt even touched the ball yet.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:22 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Really? Lebron and Irving, pretty much all by themselves, will win the series? What about all the other playoff series Lebron lost with medicore teammates? He's pretty much in the same situation... again!
True but Lebron has accomplished too much in the past 4 years for me to count him and his team out after one loss. As much as I would love to see the Cavs get eliminated I am old enough to know that they will be ready in Game 2.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:23 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Lol, tonight was like a day off, a Christmas vacation for the Clippers.

After that hell hole of a series against the Spurs, so easy.

Not counting out the Rockets by any stretch of the imagination, they may be a bit rusty but will surely come back next game.

Paul still can't walk, might be out for a while.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:29 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Nott counting out the Rockets by any stretch of the imagination, they may be a bit rusty but will surely come back next game.

Paul still can't walk, might be out for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
Well, I picked the Bulls even if Love was healthy. Clips on their way to a relatively comfortable win and the best player in the series hasnt even touched the ball yet.
Well it turned out to be more than relatively comfortable. It wasn't a blowout until late in the 4th, but they still won by 16. The Rockets just don't much beyond Howard and Hardin; they're sort of the Western Conference version of the Cavs.

The Clippers just finished a series with probably the 3rd best playoff team, and now they're playing probably the 6th or 7th best playoff team. They should beat the Rockets in 5 or 6 games; 5 if Chris Paul returns, 6 if he doesn't.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:32 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc-lang View Post
I am hoping for a Houston vs. Golden State conference finals just so we can settle this whole MVP debate on the court. As for the NBA finals I think it will be Golden State vs. Chicago.
Well I think you can forget that since they had trouble beating the Clippers without CP3 at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball