Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 11:42 AM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times

Advertisements

I'm taking the Cavs 109-104 tonight to force a game 7 back at Oracle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 12:26 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,081,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
That said, several ex NBA refs have strongly disagreed with the flagrant and state their opinion is that the NBA is trying to prolong the series.

I'm not so sure I believe it, but I do know the NBA (based on a retired ref interview with ESPN) places marketing above wins, loses and fairness.
In the end, it's still a business.

In order for the Warriors to not let the refs control the game, they have to hit the Cavs hard and early and just keep the lead. I do believe refs can influence a close game but I do not believe they can influence a blow out.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:57 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,702,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Lebron and Kyrie's game is centered around getting to the basket and making a play for themselves or someone making a cut to the hoop. If they are getting hammered/hacked and its not being called that's a missed opportunity. I'm upset with the Cavs mainly these two guys showing in some spurts the inability to play and finish through contact- James is the King (no pun intended) of the old-fashioned three point play.
That cuts both ways. Curry's game is centered on running all over the place and shooting. If guys are holding him around the waist (Irving and Paul often do this), bump him, push him, and otherwise obstruct his movement, and that's not being called, then it's a missed opportunity.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:04 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,702,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Regardless of what other people were calling them (and I don't agree with ever calling one of the best defensive teams soft)....what do you think about a more physical game being called?

I'm not sure I have much of an opinion, frankly I think that it's a night-to-night thing and if they are calling it close it favors teams that takes it to the hole. So it would be which team adjusts better considering both teams have plenty of versatile big-time scorers.
That's how I pretty much feel. I would suspect that most NBA players have some "street" background where nothing ever gets called. If you can play through that, you should be able to adjust to the whistle.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:28 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,655,620 times
^^ Agreed. They have probably played in some spots that were very physical and you expected to get fouled when you go to the hole! I don't remember who, but I thought I had heard some former player say one time that he developed a jumper so that he wouldn't have to go to the hole in the street in his neighborhood because they would hack the daylights out of you!

Old 06-16-2016, 01:32 PM

3,395 posts, read 2,803,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post

In order for the Warriors to not let the refs control the game, they have to hit the Cavs hard and early and just keep the lead. I do believe refs can influence a close game but I do not believe they can influence a blow out.
You can insert Cavs for Warriors as well.

The calls aren't just going one way.

For starters, Maybe next time Irving will step out of bounce.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:33 PM

3,395 posts, read 2,803,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That cuts both ways. Curry's game is centered on running all over the place and shooting. If guys are holding him around the waist (Irving and Paul often do this), bump him, push him, and otherwise obstruct his movement, and that's not being called, then it's a missed opportunity.
Let's tell the whole story...The illegal moving screens are present as well. But hey they called one in Game 5.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:00 PM

78,369 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
In order for the Warriors to not let the refs control the game, they have to .......
Cmon' people give it a rest.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:08 PM

78,369 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
That said, several ex NBA refs have strongly disagreed with the flagrant and state their opinion is that the NBA is trying to prolong the series.

I'm not so sure I believe it, but I do know the NBA (based on a retired ref interview with ESPN) places marketing above wins, loses and fairness.
That's 3 flagrants in the playoffs so far....so forgive me if when he finally reached 4 points I thinks it's pretty lame that people suddenly want to portray it as a big conspiracy.

If he doesn't try to turn OKC's moustachioed center into a soprano he doesn't miss any games at all...or was that flagrant undeserved too?

Green has gotten a rep. You don't get the benefit of the doubt once that happens. I remember Rodman getting similar treatment.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:46 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,686 times
Quote:

Are you kidding? Did you see that Kyrie "out of bounds" play? Followed by that JR Smith foul? Wow and more wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball