Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 09:17 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I'm just happy we don't have to waste post space on talking about the Rockets.

Who wants Dwight Howard next season? Anybody???

Let's talk Dubs, Spurs, Cavs,, OKC, etc...
GSW outscored Houston by 60 in the last 6 quarters of play (179-119).

I know many want Howard to be the whipping boy, but he was not the problem. You pretty much know what you are going to get from him... declining but adequate defense, limited post offense, rebounding, bad FT shooting, one goaltend per game. I thought the fact that he wanted to finish the game showed some progress in maturity. In the past he would have gotten two techs and headed for the shower.

This is more on Harden and Morey and the coaching scheme.

Harden - he can score in his sleep. He needs to come out of his comfort zone and exert more effort on defense and hustle plays. I don't see him as a leader type... at least not in the near future. I also think he believes he is the best thing since sliced bread. He needs to be able to function as "the man" while trusting his teammates.

Morey - need to scrap some of the analytics and let the coach do his scheme. Get players that will fit the system. Get a starter that is productive and a leader. Hire a coach that can coach and teach and can push Harden to do things he does not want to do. If you are going to depend on analytics, do some defensive analytics and figure out what is needed to keep players from getting confused on their responsibilities in pick and roll plays and off the ball screens.

Coaching scheme - the offense is too simple, and is not sustainable in a playoff environment. Go back to the basics. Learn to pass the ball accurately - there were too many bad passes. Teach defensive basics, footwork, boxing out for rebounds... stuff like that.

That was my Rockets wrap. No more on the playoff thread.

------------------------------

Thompson would not let them lose yesterday... on fire.

Kerr seems to coach them to win in smaller chunks - by quarters. Just looking at how they finished the game - subs still focused until the end. Good stuff on their part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 09:25 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Bring it in, fellas! One, two, three, CANCUN!!!
Pretty much this. ^

Couldn't rep you again.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:42 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,583,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Duck View Post
Hornets have been a resilient team all year.
He hasn't gotten much fanfare. But Steve Clifford has been doing a heck of a job all year long. He keeps the Hornets prepared and motivated.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:54 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Duck View Post
Hornets have been a resilient team all year. I expect Game 6 to be another close game, and the fact that a chunk of their team has no experience closing out a series will make it interesting.
I'm glad Lee hit the three after blowing the previous layup... which should have been a dunk.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:32 AM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Some of you need to form a support group for whatever horrible thing Dwight Howard must have done to you, your parents, sister, favorite pet or whatever.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:49 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Kerr seems to coach them to win in smaller chunks - by quarters. Just looking at how they finished the game - subs still focused until the end. Good stuff on their part.
This is a pop thing. Kerr does it very well. Close out quarters, win in smaller chunks and the larger ones follow.

Win the quarter not the half not the game. It's like each quarter is a new game.

Pop focuses his defense that way as well. He started with no 30 point quarters, and has tightened it up to no 25 point quarters. That's the defensive goal.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:08 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Some of you need to form a support group for whatever horrible thing Dwight Howard must have done to you, your parents, sister, favorite pet or whatever.
He broke my dog's leg, and he'll break yours too!

Old 04-28-2016, 12:15 PM

3,392 posts, read 2,800,591 times
Quote:
Still a little bitter all the "foul" calls he got in the 09 playoff series against the Cavs. I was reminded about it this past week when SVG went all whiny to the Refs again like he did in that series. Here we go again....

Old 04-28-2016, 02:28 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,271,240 times
Quote:
You spelled Blight Coward wrong.

Funny thing is I wouldn't put it past the Lakers to resign the fool. Heck he was there when they made the playoffs for the last time...

Old 04-28-2016, 08:41 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Personally, Howard and Harden epitomize the (outdated) stereotype of modern NBA players who are talented, selfish, egotistical and lazy, who put the minimal amount of effort to earn their paychecks and pad their stats without caring much about the team itself. Casual sports fans like to point their finger at the Howards, Hardens, Carmelos of the league and claim they're what's wrong with today's NBA, while ignoring the great team play of the Warriors, Spurs, Hawks, Celtics, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball