Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Baton Rouge and New Orleans be a metro one day?
Yes 5 20.00%
No 15 60.00%
Maybe 5 20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:59 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,355,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
You better watch out or mhounit will be calling you one of those people who only talk negative about Baton Rouge!
No , mhounit likes to call people out for ridiculous statements that have no basis in fact . Example , " everyday on WAFB there's a murder " . Untrue , and I proved it . Glad we cleared that up .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 09:05 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,467,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
No , mhounit likes to call people out for ridiculous statements that have no basis in fact . Example , " everyday on WAFB there's a murder " . Untrue , and I proved it . Glad we cleared that up .
Those murders, as unfortunate as they are, are generally in the same parts of town. You just don't go there at night.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:17 AM

640 posts, read 1,226,455 times
^^^That's the same in New Orleans.

mhounit, yes you are right..New Orleans does have a higher murder rate than Baton Rouge. But, BR is still number 5 out of all cities in the country. that's pretty bad. Also, the rate per 100,000 is the ACTUAL fact. Changing the numbers to raw data doesn't do anything because you have to bear in mind that NO metro area has about 500,000 more people than BR.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcp11889 View Post
But, BR is still number 5 out of all cities in the country. that's pretty bad. Also, the rate per 100,000 is the ACTUAL fact. Changing the numbers to raw data doesn't do anything because you have to bear in mind that NO metro area has about 500,000 more people than BR.
I can appreciate that's what the data says, but BR is hardly a war zone - I feel generally safe here, being fully aware that I live in a metro area of over 700K people.

You see, people about to move here read this stuff and get these twisted notions that moving to BR = sitting in endless traffic, being surrounded by bigots/homophobes, while fearing for their lives if they step outside to get their mail.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:51 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,488,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMan View Post
I can appreciate that's what the data says, but BR is hardly a war zone - I feel generally safe here, being fully aware that I live in a metro area of over 700K people.
...and New Orleans is?

Old 01-08-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
...and New Orleans is?
LOL - I'm purely talking about BR.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcp11889 View Post
^^^That's the same in New Orleans.

mhounit, yes you are right..New Orleans does have a higher murder rate than Baton Rouge. But, BR is still number 5 out of all cities in the country. that's pretty bad. Also, the rate per 100,000 is the ACTUAL fact. Changing the numbers to raw data doesn't do anything because you have to bear in mind that NO metro area has about 500,000 more people than BR.
N.O. murder rate is higher .

N.O. crime rate is higher .

This whole argument started when I said that N.O. needs to keep it's crime down there . I stand by that statement , no matter how much you N.O. folks try to cloud the issue .

Old 01-08-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Some of us would like for New Orleans to keep it's problems at a distance . The murder rate for instance .
Reminder .

Old 01-08-2011, 01:42 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,488,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMan View Post
LOL - I'm purely talking about BR.
My apologies for making an assumption in that case

Quote:
N.O. murder rate is higher .

N.O. crime rate is higher...

...no matter how much you N.O. folks try to cloud the issue .

We know this, we live with it every day. We also know how much you despise (I'm sorry, don't care) for New Orleans as you have reiterated more than enough in the past. It's starting to look like N.O. envy honestly sense you feel the need to constantly point out what N.O. isn't, what N.O. lacks, the problems that N.O. face, etc. Why don't you take time out and focus on what B.R. needs to do and what it is and stop letting your thong get into a wad everytime someone has a differing opinion of B.R. than you do.

Yes, New Orleans does need to curb it's problems. So does Baton Rouge and so does Louisiana as a whole as all 3 places mentioned rank at the top when it comes to most dangerous/murder rates. Sounds to me like saying basically "We're pretty jacked up, but it's ok because they're just totally 'effed' up." At anyrate just make sure your front porch is swept before you try and come inspecting our back porch.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:06 PM

Wow , talk about putting a spin on things . I simply said that N.O. needs to keep it's problems down there , and as usual , the N.O. people FREAK OUT , and go on the attack . Mud slinging and name calling ensues . Well , shooting the messenger doesn't change the message folks . Facts are facts and spin and insults can't change that .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge