Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 02:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,200 times

Advertisements

I'm currently making payments on a house in Fairwood Estates. It was affordable at the time, but I was renting out the additional bedrooms and using the house as it's own form of income, as well as my job. Well the renter situation stopped working out early on, and my my job isn't what it used to be anymore. The management is destroying the place. Because of this I'm really worried about my future financial state and my ability to uphold my mortgage.

So I was thinking about just selling my house and buying a condo. (I'm also a 22 year old female so I'm a little tired of the big quiet house and the outdoor upkeep.) With the money that's currently invested into the house I could put a lot down on the condo and not have to worry so much. The area isn't a huge deal to me as I'm trying to find a different job that will probably require me to travel a lot anyway. Safety is a priority, and I don't really care about being close to or no where near LSU.

I'm looking for something in the $75,000-$110,000 range. I've been doing a lot of online searches, but have had a lot of trouble finding actual opinions of places that aren't also apartment complexes.

The ones I'm interested in are;

Lake Plaza Condominiums (The only thing I've noticed about these that worries me is that there are so many of them up for sale right now. I was hoping maybe someone had some insight as to whether it was just a fluke or not.)

The Jefferson Condominiums

Lake Edge Too

Chatsworth Court

Riverview

Bayou Rouge

Maison Bocage (I heard they sell townhomes, as well as rent apartments?)

The Meridian

Any suggestions would also be very helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge