Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 04:46 AM

342 posts, read 685,535 times

Advertisements

Caa! I'm very sorry you had to experience racism, yeah it does go both ways. Come one let's be honest the Klan doesn't exist still because its racisit evenly both ways. From what I seen and experience the causcasion people are the most racisit and proud of it which cause a snowball effect I think. Not one time I ever seen a black person call a white person a racist slurr but, a white person out there use it like religion I never heard the word said so many times in my life until I moved in baton rouge. Please don't get me wrong I like the city I had fun meet a lot good friends, but to make it seem like a paradise good for minorities, would be wrong. Very misleading , like put in my other post its sad because the people (caucasions)t hat live there and had this conversations with don't even see how bad it is. If you cannot see it I'm guessing your just like them thinking blacks are where they belong. The city is segragated so clearly, so to che please come to houston, a diverse, equally opp., no klan, and still growing city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,489,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondm View Post
Caa! I'm very sorry you had to experience racism, yeah it does go both ways. Come one let's be honest the Klan doesn't exist still because its racisit evenly both ways. From what I seen and experience the causcasion people are the most racisit and proud of it which cause a snowball effect I think. Not one time I ever seen a black person call a white person a racist slurr but, a white person out there use it like religion I never heard the word said so many times in my life until I moved in baton rouge. Please don't get me wrong I like the city I had fun meet a lot good friends, but to make it seem like a paradise good for minorities, would be wrong. Very misleading , like put in my other post its sad because the people (caucasions)t hat live there and had this conversations with don't even see how bad it is. If you cannot see it I'm guessing your just like them thinking blacks are where they belong. The city is segragated so clearly, so to che please come to houston, a diverse, equally opp., no klan, and still growing city.
I am sure there are groups of blacks who rally against whites though, just not really that known like the Klan. Hey,my best friend, Alex, is a black man and I love him like he is my own family, so please don't say I am blind and a racist. I think what I think! I am from the state of Florida and I see what racism goes on here, but believe me, it does go both ways, I have experienced it first hand. One time, we were waiting in line at Blue Bayou for the tubes and the black guy working there totally ignored us and said to the people behind us(blacks too) how many tubes ya need? He looked right at us and did this, so yes, we were ignored because we were white. It is not to say any racism is right, but it does go both ways more often that you may think!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Caa

How do you know the Klan is not there? I have heard they are everywhere. I have visited Houston and it is lovely, but too big and popluated for my family!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:52 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,465,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caa View Post
How do you know the Klan is not there? I have heard they are everywhere. I have visited Houston and it is lovely, but too big and popluated for my family!
They used to be way more visible in Livingston Parish. I'm sure they're still around, but you hear little about them nowadays.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:30 PM

794 posts, read 3,357,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMan View Post
They used to be way more visible in Livingston Parish. I'm sure they're still around, but you hear little about them nowadays.
Thank God! They embarrass this state more than it already does itself.
But yeah, they still exist and there are closet racist groups all over. (I imagine Houston as well.) Unfortunately (and I'm not saying this because I support it), it is a part of some people's nature. Some people just won't change and won't accept people who are different them themselves, and they have absolutely no good reason to believe that way.

Try going overseas and seeing how many people discriminate against you when they find out you're American.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:10 PM

well i lived houston my whole live and houston is too diverse for them to be in the city. their heads will explode seeing all the interracial couples, so they live in these little towns miles and miles from houston. besides i know the city too well and were never in the news with the klan and if so they are hiding well. to caa im trying to help you, even people from baton rouge know the city isnt for minorities. houston maybe a big city but its way better than baton rouge hands down. dont get me wrong i met one of my best friends out there so its got some good ppl out there, but its not a place to raise a child if you want them with values.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Caa

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondm View Post
well i lived houston my whole live and houston is too diverse for them to be in the city. their heads will explode seeing all the interracial couples, so they live in these little towns miles and miles from houston. besides i know the city too well and were never in the news with the klan and if so they are hiding well. to caa im trying to help you, even people from baton rouge know the city isnt for minorities. houston maybe a big city but its way better than baton rouge hands down. dont get me wrong i met one of my best friends out there so its got some good ppl out there, but its not a place to raise a child if you want them with values.
I disagree with you on the last point. I think Baton Rouge is a wonderful place to raise a family-not everyone here is as bad as you think. I have very high values and so do most people here. I am sorry that you think Baton Rouge people are the way you describe them. I for one, love Baton Rouge and it's people(for the most part that is LOL).

Old 02-27-2009, 05:54 PM

well thats good you had a good time out there, somethings i like out there but the racist is something i wont get use to.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Caa

I understand your point. I just think that Baton Rouge is good for some, not good for others. I can also say that people thought we were crazy for leaving south Florida. To us, south Florida was terrible, but to others, it is paradise-what ever the case, I just hope you are happy wherever you are!

Old 02-28-2009, 12:48 PM

i agree entirely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge