Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 02:09 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmo65 View Post

Note that the map showing these listings in "Bend" includes properties in Sunriver, almost to Prineville, and Tumalo. If I'm up a while, I may dig into this this further.

Sunriver, South Bend, La Pine, OWW, often get listed as "Bend" but they are a long way from Bend, over bad winter roads, and they are nothing at all similar to Bend. There is one realtor in particular who lists all his South Bend properties as "Bend" so whenever I see a really cheap price in Bend, I know, before even opening the ad, that the property is listed by that real estate agent and that the house is going to be in South Bend.

Prineville is dissimilar and is further away than Redmond, and the weather and scenery, and jobs are completely different.

Tumalo does get listed in with Bend, even though it is a more desirable area and more expensive. It is very close to Bend and has the same scenery and weather. Deschutes River Woods is also considered to be Bend, even though it is outside the city limits.

Brothers and Alfalfa get listed as Bend properties, also, and they are not in Bend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
Can anyone suggest a website that updates houses that are still active on the market? Seems like a lot I have found tha we love our realtor says have sold already but still show as active. Which site is updated most frequently?
Ask your realtor to put you on the automatic mailing list for your price band. You'll get a couple of emails every day ( 3-4 of them) whenever a new property comes on the market or changes status. As soon as it sells, the status should change to "pending".

If your agent won't do it, send me a direct message and I will give you the name of the agent who is sending me daily updates. But any agent should be able to set it up for you. Once it is set up, it just runs automatically from the listing service.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmo65 View Post
And one more...

When I isolate the search for homes between $300k and $399k to west of 97 and north of Powers, there are 19 homes available. That really isn't many.
Just a suggestion: extend that search slightly more south. Just behind Elk Meadow school is "Homestead" and that is a wonderful area with all custom built homes, but smaller ones, not lavish ones, and beautiful big old trees. Also, there are several tracts across the street and slightly further south of Elk Meadow (actually built in Elk Meadow) that are quite nice.

The "west of 97". I won't argue with.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:00 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,926,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
Can anyone suggest a website that updates houses that are still active on the market? Seems like a lot I have found tha we love our realtor says have sold already but still show as active. Which site is updated most frequently?
Moderator cut: No real estate advertising, recommendations... But I am pretty sure some of these depend on MLS keeping their Records updated. We were searching for bare land anywhere, from Sunriver to Three Rivers South, and starting about mid summer they started disappearing fast. Some new listings lasted less than two days.

Some that stay on for a while have issues such as availability of services etc. This is just one other aspect of the market that we have a personal experiance that it has picked up.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 03-03-2013 at 07:25 PM..

Old 03-03-2013, 05:08 PM

722 posts, read 1,353,780 times
thread indicates most are finding (tight for some) improving housing market from the overpriced bubble before the crash. As someone attracted to Bend I am optimistic things in Bend will continue a slow improvement in market conditions without another bubble... which seems unlikely thank goodness.

Cheers to all the posters and opinions, this continues to be a nice place to learn and share about Bend.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:17 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownut View Post
This thread indicates most are finding (tight for some) an improving housing market from the overpriced bubble before the crash. As someone attracted to Bend I am optimistic things in Bend will continue a slow improvement in market conditions without another bubble... which seems unlikely thank goodness.

Cheers to all the posters and opinions, this continues to be a nice place to learn and share about Bend.
When you get here you will be most welcome. It ain't "West, By God, Virginia", but a short drive into the Cascades will remind you of Virginia. I loved living in West Virginia, but I would choose the Arizona Southwest over Bend any day if I wanted desert.

I just don't share your optimism. Bend was over built. People grumble already about it not being what they thought it was going to be, and I predict an exodus from the area as things improve nationwide.

That's my opinion and I am sticking too it. Or is it to it? Or maybe two it. Ya gotta love the English language.

Last edited by Steve Pickering; 03-03-2013 at 05:59 PM..

Old 03-03-2013, 05:45 PM

722 posts, read 1,353,780 times
think it is "to it" ... WV is beautiful but too culturally lacking, wet and buggy. Think Arizona may have long term water issues and prefer the longer winter in Bend. Doubt we buy in Bend for a while so until then watch and see what happens. The optimists out number you Steve so time will show who is right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
When you get here you will be most welcome. It ain't "By God West Virginia", but a short drive into the Cascades will remind you of Virginia. I loved living in West Virginia, but I would choose the Arizona Southwest over Bend any day if I wanted desert.

I just don't share your optimism. Bend was over built. People grumble already about it not being what they thought it was going to be, and I predict an exodus from the area as things improve nationwide.

That's my opinion and I am sticking too it. Or is it to it? Or maybe two it. Ya gotta love the English language.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:00 PM

I got that wrong. It should be West "By God" Virginia.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:04 PM

4 posts, read 12,577 times
Eeeeek. I've been on this site for an hour and I'm already starting to see a trend with a certain poster.

I haven't bought a house recently, but what I can add is that I meet people who are brand new to Bend every week. This was less normal after the housing crash, but seems to be picking up from just my little world view so take that for what it is.

From what I've read the population is no longer contracting, but growing again.

I have a hard time believing people will stop moving here. I have an even harder time believing there will be an exodus.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:09 PM

That is what they said about Arizona and California. I was right about both of them, and I'll be right about Bend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend