Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 11:19 AM

11 posts, read 11,531 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Redmond in just a few days, and joining me will be my two little dogs. They are both chihuahua mixes (you know, the kind that gets cold easily) and have never been in the snow before.
I like to keep them as active as possible, and activity is an absolute must for my boy dog as he's pretty high energy, and needs a good "outlet" for his energy or else he can get destructive.
Anyone have any tips for keeping their doggies active when it's cold outside? Anyone in Redmond or Bend wanna have some doggie play dates (I could sure use some friends in the area!).
Thanks in advance you guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 08:11 AM

740 posts, read 1,252,228 times
There's two dog parks in Dry Canyon (off Black Butte) and one is for small dogs. It's a good-sized fenced and grassy area for them to run around in. When it gets below freezing we put a Thundershirt on Ozzie, our blue heeler/cattledog mix.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:40 AM

32,669 posts, read 48,139,958 times
I've got Papillons and they love the snow. They can be out in the snow for about 10-15 minutes as long as they are moving-- and they move fast. If I get them inside before they chill, they are fine. The big problem with snow is that it sticks to their toe fringes, which you probably don't have with chihuahuas.

If weather is really bad, exercise your dogs indoors.

If you go to Bend Pet Express, they can sell you all-weather gear for your dogs. Get them coats and boots. Well behaved dogs are welcome inside and you can try things on to make sure they fit.

For small dogs, you will have to shovel them a path in the snow so that they can go out and potty.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:51 AM

2,542 posts, read 4,008,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
The big problem with snow is that it sticks to their toe fringes, which you probably don't have with chihuahuas.
If we are going to be out in the snow for a while I use Musher's Secret.

Mushers Secret-all season paw protection for your dog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend