Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 01:38 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,256,578 times

Advertisements

Anybody watch "Roseanne's Nuts" a new "docu-series" about Roseanne Barr's 46-acre macadamia nut farm? Here's a link...
Roseanne's Nuts - Official Site | myLifetime.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 01:48 PM

263 posts, read 1,004,963 times
Another reality show we don't need? No thank you.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:49 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times
Yes..love her, and love the path her life took.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:03 AM

11,049 posts, read 24,014,485 times
Somebody said something about how they watched the first show. They said there were folks chasing pigs and they finally caught some and then they weren't sure what to do with them. Seems nobody has mentioned pig traps to them although that would be a lot less dramatic, I'm sure. Maybe they don't have any sausage recipes?

Old 07-18-2011, 02:05 PM

820 posts, read 3,034,451 times
I believe there was an earlier thread about some difficulties she had with neighbors.
Roseanne Barr seeks restraining order against Big Island neighbors - Hawaii News - Staradvertiser.com

Hard to tell what was going on. Neighbor said RB was doing some grading that was affecting their properties. RB filed a restraining order against the neighbors. When you have a restraining order against you in Hawaii, you must turn in all firearms. Neighbors had to turn over hunting rifles and all until the matter was settled.

Personally not that impressed with RB. Seems she often takes a very shrill, harsh stance and manner. Just not to my taste. I generally love stronger personalities and those who don't feel the need to conform. But RB seems to take non-conformity into areas of meanness and/or '*********' just to tweak people. Don't see the artistry in it. But of course I don't know her in person, just what the media shows & says.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:06 PM

820 posts, read 3,034,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Somebody said something about how they watched the first show. They said there were folks chasing pigs and they finally caught some and then they weren't sure what to do with them. Seems nobody has mentioned pig traps to them although that would be a lot less dramatic, I'm sure. Maybe they don't have any sausage recipes?
Would be nice if they donated the pigs to those who could use the food.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
They could've put in a disclaimer stating that "no pigs were harmed in the filming of this show." Apparently, Roseanne is a vegetarian and didn't want to have any pigs killed on her property, so any that were caught were released. Considering that she was shooting at a pig in the first few minutes of the show, she probably would've freaked out if she had hit it.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:37 AM

So where are they releasing the pigs and are they taking responsibility for the damage the pigs do afterwards? It would be like folks who trap mongoose and then set them free in someone else's backyard. At least you can eat the pigs. And very tasty pigs they are, too!

Usually folks who have problems with pigs in their orchards and crops fence the property to keep the pigs out. That's also what the park folks do to keep the pigs out of Volcano National Park so the native flora and fauna have a chance. However, as my friend tells me when I try to inquire why folks on the TV behave in an illogical manner, "it's not in the script".

Old 07-19-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
So where are they releasing the pigs and are they taking responsibility for the damage the pigs do afterwards? It would be like folks who trap mongoose and then set them free in someone else's backyard. At least you can eat the pigs. And very tasty pigs they are, too!

Usually folks who have problems with pigs in their orchards and crops fence the property to keep the pigs out. That's also what the park folks do to keep the pigs out of Volcano National Park so the native flora and fauna have a chance. However, as my friend tells me when I try to inquire why folks on the TV behave in an illogical manner, "it's not in the script".
It looks like the pigs were simply let go on Roseanne's property. I wouldn't be surprised if the local hunters in that first episode eventually came back and killed the pigs off-camera without Roseanne around to interfere.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:39 PM

If she just wants pigs released on her property, we've got some more she can have! You can only fit so many of them into the freezer. Although, at the moment, there might be room for one more since we just had a party today.

Where exactly is this farm? Somewhere at about 500 foot elevation? Kalopa maikai? Kukuihaele? Kapulena? There aren't that many houses at that elevation around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
View detailed profiles of: