Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 10:58 PM

502 posts, read 985,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangodog View Post
I have found the Puna Police to be most helpful in rounding up Criminals in Fern Forest Vacation Estates. All you have to do is call them on your cell phone when you see some one that looks like they are up to no good. Let us make our home a safer place to live. Don't be a wimp - Don't be a victim - just call.
There is a good way to stay safer in Puna. Dats to stay away from da bars in Hilo and Pahoa. You get in dem trouble when you mix alcohol and hot tempers. You wanna drink da alcohol, drink at home or with god frens. Also stay away from ocean when you drink. It is hard to swim in rough surf when you drinkin. Great Whites and Tigers are waiting for some scraps. And wait to be sober when gatherin da Opihi.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:49 PM

160 posts, read 485,854 times
Not sure how this thread got resurrected, but, I still live here in Fern Forest. My neighbors are nice. We get together on holidays seeing as most of us dont have family here. Tents, shacks, school buses, tarps... who cares what someone lives under?

Old 12-11-2010, 11:44 AM

3,752 posts, read 11,508,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badatta2de View Post
Not sure how this thread got resurrected, but, I still live here in Fern Forest. My neighbors are nice. We get together on holidays seeing as most of us dont have family here. Tents, shacks, school buses, tarps... who cares what someone lives under?
It matters when you try to sell your property and discover that:
A: It is worth much less because of the actions of your neighbors
B: No one wants to buy it.

A generalization, but people that willfully live in tents, shacks, school buses, tarps, tend to not exactly keep the property in nice shape. They will most likely have garbage strewn all over, not have proper sanitation, etc.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:38 PM

Ah, didn't think of that as I'm not planning to leave. The neighbors I have as friends don't have garbage and such everywhere, but most of their places are also not permitted. Most of the dumps on this road have been long abandoned. No one wants to go clean them up to have the owner return and make a mess of them again or worse get shot for trespassing.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:39 PM

Default Alcohol and driving on the winding roads to and from Kona

Quote:
I have found the Puna Police to be most helpful in rounding up Criminals in Fern Forest Vacation Estates. All you have to do is call them on your cell phone when you see some one that looks like they are up to no good. Let us make our home a safer place to live. Don't be a wimp - Don't be a victim - just call.

Hey, we would be much safer on da road if we drank at home and not drive... some guys like to get drunk and weave in and out on the Belt Road . Much bettah to drink at home and not kill yourself as you drive off the shouldah and into ETERNITY.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:43 PM

Default Alcohol and driving on the winding roads to and from Kona

Quote:

Better to do the drinking at home and not on the Belt Hwy. Those winding roads especially to and from Kona are too dangerous to be drinking. You go off the shoulder into Eternity.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:58 PM

Hope you werent driving anywhere after posting this lol =D

Old 12-16-2010, 06:33 AM

8 posts, read 26,441 times
Good point...people who don't care how they live or what they live in generally don't care about much else. It's a good indication of what kind of people they are! Trash brings the rats and diseases -- and then infects their neighbors. I've heard the neighbors screaming out at the rats that have moved into their shacks!! Heard the 'neighbors' up all night screaming, singing, drinking and whatever else -- oh yea, great place to live and raise the kids, huh?

Old 12-16-2010, 10:51 AM

Yeah cuz all the people that drink live in Fern Forrest and the rest of the state is totally sober?? Almost got killed last night by some ass in Hilo that decided to gun it out of a parking lot and then swerve in and out of oncoming traffic.

I have heard my neighbors one street over singing too. They have a pretty good band and I enjoy listening to them on Friday nights!

I have mad respect for people that give up their material crap to buy a yurt and keep their family together rather than outsourcing their kids to other family or foster care.
And yes this is a great place to raise kids. My kids now know how to take care of plants and animals and respect the aina. They also know more now to be more respectful for what they have and to be more kind to those that don't. Better yet they go to Volcano School of Arts and Science which is just awesome.

I'm not asking anyone else to like it here. It's actually better if people don't so I can buy up more property and make my homestead a bit larger. I'll be happy here, you be happy sitting on H1 for 2 hours to get to your cubicle where you can sit for another 8 hours.

Oh, as far as rats go, they are everywhere, especially where there is poop. There is poop everywhere in this forest because there are goats and chickens and horses etc. Thats why its ZONED AGRICULTURAL. Since I have let my older chickens free to roam, I haven't seen any rats actually, except the dead ones my old girls are running around with from time to time. My old hens are brutal =P

Old 12-16-2010, 12:09 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,894,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badatta2de View Post
Oh, as far as rats go, they are everywhere, ... [S]ince I have let my older chickens free to roam, I haven't seen any rats actually, except the dead ones my old girls are running around with from time to time. My old hens are brutal =P
True enough ... little known fact about chickens, most folks don't know ... chickens will peck 'em to pieces and eat 'em, those nasty little rodents ... enjoy that thought next time you are munching on a bucket of fried chicken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island