Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2023, 11:42 PM

16 posts, read 17,490 times

Advertisements

So the time is coming to load a container and ship it to the Big Island. Once it lands though, narrow road access at my property prohibits the container being delivered there or anywhere nearby. I need a secure location, with daily access for me and a 20' Uhaul to shuttle the container contents to my property. I also need to hire someone to pick-up and in a couple days, return, the 40' container and trailer to the Port of Kawaihae.

I used the googles to look for options and found Kona Trans *which I have used before with a crate, and Cantor Bros trucking.

Can anyone help with a recommendation or other ideas I'm missing?

Mahalo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2023, 10:03 AM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
982 posts, read 1,161,875 times
Conen's Freight and Kona Trans are the two big players.
And if you're looking for a place to stage it for unloading, I'd make sure it is secure and someone is there more or less at all times.

Some info on the area you are moving to will get you better replies.

Old 02-20-2023, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassyknoll View Post

Some info on the area you are moving to will get you better replies.

I'm just off makai Hualalai Rd, makai Holualoa Village. Its a difficult twisty one-lane road with rock walls on both sides so I won't be bringing a container there.

Old 02-20-2023, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildBliss View Post

I'm just off makai Hualalai Rd, makai Holualoa Village. Its a difficult twisty one-lane road with rock walls on both sides so I won't be bringing a container there.
Holualoa isn't bad, you'd be surprised the places they can get a container into. A 20' would be easy, a 40' a bit more challenging.

Old 02-20-2023, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Holualoa isn't bad, you'd be surprised the places they can get a container into. A 20' would be easy, a 40' a bit more challenging.
It's a 40 footer. I'd hire a film crew and make TicTok money off filming that debacle! Did i say that the twisty, one-lane, rock wall-bound road was narrow? It used to be called Radical Rd. for good reason, I think.

Seriously, though, if you have a recommendation for someone who might be up for the challenge, please let me know. Thank you.

Old 02-21-2023, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildBliss View Post
It's a 40 footer. I'd hire a film crew and make TicTok money off filming that debacle! Did i say that the twisty, one-lane, rock wall-bound road was narrow? It used to be called Radical Rd. for good reason, I think.

Seriously, though, if you have a recommendation for someone who might be up for the challenge, please let me know. Thank you.
I had Conen's come by and scout a location we moved a few containers into. The owner himself stopped by to look it over.

Old 02-21-2023, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I had Conen's come by and scout a location we moved a few containers into. The owner himself stopped by to look it over.
This is good intel - thanks so much!

Old 02-22-2023, 04:13 PM

4,410 posts, read 4,893,246 times
I'm not familiar with that road but Conens has some trailers with moveable axels and it makes them surprisingly nimble. They got a 40'er into a tight spot for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
View detailed profiles of: