Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 02:41 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
GOSH.......if I had run into you two in there, it would have really scared me for sure.

raj
It was kind of spooky, I gotta tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 03:54 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,877,946 times
There was talk at one time of building a second phase of Colonial Tannehill in McCalla after the original development opened in 2008. I think included a Wal-Mart, Home Depot as anchors. The current Wal-Mart in Bessemer would of been converted to a Sam's Club, which would of been welcomed with open arms.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:53 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,084,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
There was talk at one time of building a second phase of Colonial Tannehill in McCalla after the original development opened in 2008. I think included a Wal-Mart, Home Depot as anchors. The current Wal-Mart in Bessemer would of been converted to a Sam's Club, which would of been welcomed with open arms.
Now that Colonial has been gobbled up, I think we will see no more 'PROMENADES'. I AM GLAD FRANKLY. Could they have been built with less inspiration? Who says the middle 'middle class' wouldn't appreciate a little niceness.

raj

Old 09-10-2013, 07:18 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,877,946 times
Well they do all look the same, but they have brough national retail to areas like McCalla and Fultondale.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:28 PM

522 posts, read 846,500 times
Quote:
Well they do all look the same, but they have brough national retail to areas like McCalla and Fultondale.
Yeah, those areas have benefitted from these types of centers. I hope thy this is the end of those promenades. I am all foe new growth, and new stores to the market, but no more should be built right now, because I am sure the next one would be built far out. More phases of the current centers and infill projects are what I would like to see. New phases could bring more retail options to the area, and infill is just important. Maybe the proposed Cabelas will be added to the one in Alabaster. This would be Alabama's 1st. REI is pretty cool too.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:

I completely agree with you. I have benefited greatly by having so many businesses right where I happen to be at any moment. (like office stores or bestbuy)

I just wish they had gotten a little of the Pinnacle style. Just promise me that I don't have to see another retail center built in a STRAIGHT LINE.

LOL
raj

Old 09-10-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamguy View Post
Yeah, those areas have benefitted from these types of centers. I hope thy this is the end of those promenades. I am all foe new growth, and new stores to the market, but no more should be built right now, because I am sure the next one would be built far out. More phases of the current centers and infill projects are what I would like to see. New phases could bring more retail options to the area, and infill is just important. Maybe the proposed Cabelas will be added to the one in Alabaster. This would be Alabama's 1st. REI is pretty cool too.

Is REI planned for the area?

raj

Old 09-10-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamguy View Post
More infill is definitely an exciting probability . Just look at how SOHO has evolved Homewood, and of course the transformation of Brookwood Village.

Lane Parke is going to transform Mountain Brook Village and the Birmingham Botanical Gardens at the same time.

raj

Old 09-10-2013, 07:51 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,765,087 times
Cabela's to Alabaster? Not saying they both couldnt coexist in the same cenrer but im pretty sure a Dick's is going in there between Target and Best buy.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Cabela's to Alabaster? Not saying they both couldnt coexist in the same cenrer but im pretty sure a Dick's is going in there between Target and Best buy.
You are correct that is a DICK'S.

So REI is a misspeak?

It is Pelham that has put up the money and plane tickets to go and romance CABELAS. They can co-exist in a city with a large BASS PRO, but one doesn't see it often since they don't overlap much. I would like to see us overlap. lol
The location I had not been able to figure . It is suppose to be at the Cahaba Valley Road exit at I-65.
What's across from the funeral home?????

raj
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area