Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2008, 10:28 AM
YvZ YvZ started this thread

52 posts, read 249,304 times

Advertisements

We are looking into different areas to possibly move to. We currently live in Colorado and definitely need warmer weather. My husband travels for work, so we would like to be relatively close to the airport (preferably not more than 30 minutes drive). Which areas should we look into with houses in the price range of $300 - $400K. Having 2 boys in the lower grades schools are the most important thing for us. My husband will travel further to the airport so we can get the kids in the best school. We kind of like the whole master community thing but we are not stuck on it. One thing that is important to my husband is that there needs to be some good cycling, both mountain bike as well as road bike. Is there a lot of trails in Birmingham area? Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 01:36 PM

763 posts, read 3,836,656 times
This community would fit your criteria extremely well.

In your price range, you could live in Vestavia Hills which is only 10 minutes away from downtown. Or you could choose Mountain Brook or Homewood. . Each of these communities has public schools that are college prep level.

You can reach the Birmingham airport from any of these communities in 15 minutes. I have flown over 1.5 million miles out of this airport and have made the trip hundreds of times. The Birmingham airport has non-stop service to 26 cities and the major carrier is Southwest Airlines.

Violent crime is virtually non-existent in each of these towns as well.

Please let us know how we can help you. This community has much to offer to a couple with your needs.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:16 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,427,001 times
Bravo, what about the LIberty Park area? Would that be easy access to the airport?

Old 05-04-2008, 08:59 AM
YvZ YvZ started this thread

52 posts, read 249,304 times
Thank you very much for the valuable info. In these areas, are houses older or fairly new construction or both. We would prefer a newer house if possible.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:50 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
If you want newer homes, you'd need to look at Trussville, but new home communities (with the exception of Ross Bridge) are much further out in North Shelby County. However, for the top-notch schools, definitely Mountain Brook, Vestavia, and Homewood in that order. That being said, these are all established neighborhoods with very nice standards of living. The fact that it's a good time to buy is a plus for you.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:19 PM

763 posts, read 3,836,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Bravo, what about the LIberty Park area? Would that be easy access to the airport?
Yes definitely and it would give them the new(er) home that they seek. This was posted on a subsequent reply from them, therefore I think given the criteria as we have it now, I would recommend Liberty Park to this couple.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:36 PM

15 posts, read 54,260 times
My husband and I have another thread question regarding Ross Bridge. I think it is pretty nice. It has riding trails.

Its a planned community too. When we visited it took about 15-20 min to get from the airport in no traffic. Hoover is supposed to be a nice school district. I don't claim to be an expert on Birmingham as I have only been there once.

Check it out

Ross Bridge :: New Home Community in Birmingham, Alabama

We are cyclists too. I had emailed someone in the bike club and she said the greatest number of group rides are in Homewood. There are lots of races too. Not sure if thats his bag.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:50 PM

350 posts, read 1,313,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaw View Post
My husband and I have another thread question regarding Ross Bridge. I think it is pretty nice. It has riding trails.
If by "Riding Trails" you mean horse trails, this is incorrect. The only trails at Ross Bridge are walking trails.

Currently there are 72 homes for sale at Ross Bridge and it is a Great place to live.

I would be more then glade to send you any information on Ross Bridge or any other area in the Greater Birmingham area.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:22 PM

15 posts, read 54,260 times
Default bike riding trails

To respond to the previous poster. Ross Bridge has 7 miles of hiking and biking trails. I didn't mean Horse riding. The original poster mentioned cycling, so I mentioned riding trails. Coming from Colorado thats probably just a warmup

Emma

Old 05-07-2008, 09:11 PM

350 posts, read 1,313,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaw View Post
To respond to the previous poster. Ross Bridge has 7 miles of hiking and biking trails. I didn't mean Horse riding. The original poster mentioned cycling, so I mentioned riding trails. Coming from Colorado thats probably just a warmup

Emma
LOL Sorry for mis-understanding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area