Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 03:22 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,170,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
From the article:

That's a lot worse than "not in agreement on every single issue". It appears there are very few issues where they are in agreement.
Um huh...yeah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 03:42 PM

1,018 posts, read 641,067 times
What would be the point of bringing two lists that heavily overlap? Why would the state legislation need to hear the same exact list of requests from two different groups?

Old 03-06-2021, 07:42 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,988,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
What would be the point of bringing two lists that heavily overlap? Why would the state legislation need to hear the same exact list of requests from two different groups?
Because they are Mayor and City Council of......wait for it......the SAME CITY!!!!

Radical concept, I know.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:58 AM

Silly concept. It would be redundant and a lame waste of time to bring two identical lists. This doesn't have to be viewed as adversarial - just two different groups that want to be heard. I didn't see anything that conflicted. They could get all or some from each list and both offices claim victory.

Old 03-08-2021, 10:47 AM

3,260 posts, read 3,772,785 times
Quote:
Silly concept. It would be redundant and a lame waste of time to bring two identical lists. This doesn't have to be viewed as adversarial - just two different groups that want to be heard. I didn't see anything that conflicted. They could get all or some from each list and both offices claim victory.
lol how on earth could you read that quotation from the article and see it as anything less than adversarial?

i have no idea how biased the article is, but if that is honest and fair reporting, it absolutely sounds adversarial.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:47 AM

I said, "it doesn't have to be viewed as" adversarial because the two wishlists don't seem to conflict. Everyone could conceivably get (most of) what they want and not shut the other out of something. I am trying to find something positive in a less than ideal situation. I understand you are not capable of finding anything positive about a lot of topics talked about here so... rock on I guess.

Old 03-08-2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I said, "it doesn't have to be viewed as" adversarial because the two wishlists don't seem to conflict. Everyone could conceivably get (most of) what they want and not shut the other out of something. I am trying to find something positive in a less than ideal situation. I understand you are not capable of finding anything positive about a lot of topics talked about here so... rock on I guess.
Well, at least you can admit you are wearing rose-colored glasses.

Old 03-09-2021, 04:50 AM

Ooo! Ooo! I can play that game too! Watch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
lol how on earth could you read that quotation from the article and see it as anything less than adversarial?

i have no idea how biased the article is, but if that is honest and fair reporting, it absolutely sounds adversarial.
No kidding.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Ooo! Ooo! I can play that game too! Watch...

You really are going to die on this hill that this is a positive thing, lol. How detached from reality are you?

By the way, you took my sentence fragment out of context. I took a complete sentence that jived with your entire thread sentiment.

But keep on thinking we are playing the same game. I'm sure it will help you sleep at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area