Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > A city gal's musings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
My blog is all about the thoughts, feelings and experiences of a city gal in her early 30's.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

More stress

Posted 09-23-2008 at 07:25 PM by doglover29 (A city gal's musings)

Hubby and I had a nice weekend, but this week has been nothing but more stress. Friday night we stayed in and cooked and cleaned. I would have liked to have gone out, because I'd been feeling very cooped up all week, but hubby was tired. We had a nice time staying in. Saturday we went out and did some sightseeing. We took a city tour on a bus and then rented a paddle boat on the Tidal Basin, which was nice. Then we went out to dinner that night. Sunday we went to open houses all day--saw...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The week so far

Posted 09-16-2008 at 03:14 PM by doglover29 (A city gal's musings)

I had another sucky week/weekend. This week I went to a breast Dr. to get a second opinion on my breast lumps. I was advised by this doctor to get them biopsied, yippee. I am totally dreading the biopsy--and I have to get two biopsies, since I have two lumps. I already have a lot of pain so I can't imagine what this is going to feel like. I've read accounts of this on the Internet and it sounds incredibly painful.

Then we took our kitten into the vet, and they have no idea what's...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Feeling down

Posted 09-09-2008 at 07:10 AM by doglover29 (A city gal's musings)

I've been feeling kind of down for the past few days. Part of it is that for some reason I've been feeling unusually lonely--maybe it's because it rained all weekend from Hurricane Hanna, and so we stayed in, and I felt cooped up all weekend. And then hubby worked all day Sunday, when it was really nice out, and I just went out to sightsee alone, and just felt incredibly alone all day. As I walked around, it seemed like everyone I saw was with someone else--talking and laughing, except me....
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The end of the summer

Posted 09-07-2008 at 09:40 PM by doglover29 (A city gal's musings)

Last weekend marked the end of the summer. We had a nice summer. My hubby and I took a couple of trips, including a week in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, which was great! We did some sightseeing around DC and spent a lot of time outside. The summer wasn't too hot--I remember the past two DC summers being hotter. September and October are my two favorite months. I love fall, the crisp, cooler air, and the fall colors.

Lately I've been feeling quite lonely. Hubby has been working...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Searching for a sense of belonging

Posted 08-08-2008 at 01:11 PM by doglover29 (A city gal's musings)
Updated 08-08-2008 at 01:24 PM by doglover29

Thought I would start a blog and share my thoughts about some things I've been thinking about lately.

Let's see, first a brief introduction. I'm a married gal in my early 30's. I've been married for four years to a wonderful man, who is my best friend. I have a grad degree but am in the process of changing careers to an entirely new field. I'm the type of person who likes to think about a lot of different things, and I also enjoy writing, so a blog seems like a great way to share...
Posted in Uncategorized