Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Blondebaerde
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

About Emotional Abusers

Posted 04-04-2023 at 10:27 AM by Blondebaerde

Interesting thread on this topic in the Psychology sub forum. My sidebar:

Friend of mine who is quite intelligent vents on occasion that he's in an emotionally abusive relationship. He's been with his partner about seven years. They've lived together at least five. He's used the phrase 2-3 times in same number of years. I don't remark further on what he should do, that's self-evident.

..To me. I went from concerned to sympathetic to ambivalent over the past few...
Big Data
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Is Your Life Full of Good Luck?

Posted 07-30-2022 at 08:22 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I'm talking about the people posting here. The fact that you have access to a computer to post on a forum, during work hours if you're working...is a privilege. You don't have to be heir to a fortune to be privileged, and that's what many of you don't seem to understand (or don't want to accept). The fact that your example highlights people on the Forbes list speaks volumes, but you can't see it. If you are using such an extreme example, it suggests you have money. You can't see it because whatever
Big Data
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Chasing Excellence November 2021

Posted 11-24-2021 at 07:29 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 01-11-2022 at 03:45 PM by Blondebaerde

It's been an interesting 15 months coming back to my purpose as a man. Wasn't exactly off it for a few years, but neither fully "on." I put up with too much bull personally and professionally.

Society seems filled with "feel good" lies about...just about everything. I turned it off 12 months ago after the election debacle...prior actually. "Who cares, "No" and "Zero (Figs) Given" are empowering phrases.

Too, I've found...
Big Data
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Probably a dumb question about motor oil

Posted 10-11-2021 at 04:40 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I have an old Jeep (2005) which is in need of an oil change. Before I always took it to Wally World and told them I wanted Pennzoil 10-30 and then wandered off to do my shopping. Never had a problem.

But now I have a very opinionated roommate who just gave me a coupon for Jiffylube and told me that I should use them to get an oil change with "high mileage" oil or even "full synthetic" oil. Both these options are not especially cheap. I'm on a tight budget which
Big Data
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

ON: Psychology of someone who's always giving advice?

Posted 01-31-2021 at 04:10 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
What are your thoughts about the psychology of someone who's always giving advice?

(blah blah blah)

The original topic gets lost because the conversation becomes focused on the person giving advice. It becomes about them.
Better as a blog post/reply:

I manage enterprise teams for a living. Some personalities tend to provide counsel, wanted or not. If not, too bad I guess. And we won't be hanging out much anymore, assuming we're talking...
Big Data
Posted in Uncategorized